Can't craft the extra-pugent skyscale treat

Same. I crafted some yesterday. Went to craft some more today and nada. It goes through the animation and sound but doesn't take the culture from my inventory or put the treat into my inventory. I just bought 20 cultures for 80g and now I'm stuck and can't sell it back either. Hope they fix it soon.

People keep saying it can be discovered. Either that does not work for everyone, or it has broken since they discovered it.

I consumed the recipe on a character that was not a chef. At the time, I didn't actually switch to my chef to make any. I have since unlocked the skyscale, and went to my chef character to try to make some to help others out. My chef (crafting level 400) does not have the recipe. This seems to be normal based on what others have said. So, I go to my discovery tab. It is empty - no recipes to discover according to the tab. Normally this is not alarming since a few months back I had managed to find all the recipes that could be discovered at the time, but since there should be this new recipe to learn, I expected to see the ingredients in the tab. I have all the ingredients in a bag on my chef character, so they should be visible if there is a recipe to discover. I attempt to get a new copy from Gorrik. However, no Gorrik has an option to give me another copy of the recipe at this point. Not on any character. Not in Sun's Refuge, not in Thunderhead Peaks, not in the Domain of Kourna, and not the one in Dragonfall.

So while the advice to go discover it may work for some, I can say from experience it does not work for all, and from my perspective this is most definitely a bug.

Same issue for me. I tried to craft some on my character that has learned the recipe. I have all the mats and chef is 400. The same character I crafted some on when I was completing the Skyscale collection. Today I tried to craft some so I could sell them on the TP. The crafting bar moves forward like it is crafting the treats but nothing happens after that. The mats don't get used and and the treats are not produced. Now I'm sitting on some 4 gold a piece Smell-Enhancing Culture I can't do anything with. :sunglasses:

same issue, tried crafting it though I've completed the skyscale collections. Trying to make some for my son to use for his collections and it goes through the whole crafting bar progress animation the correct number of times for how many I'm trying to craft. but no materials are consumed and i don't get the treat. what the heck man.

Yes, I too am having this problem. I have all of the ingredients and when I go to craft it the game interface goes through the motions of making a treat, but it doesn't actually make one. The ONLY benefit is that it at least doesn't consume the materials in my inventory when it does this. Otherwise it's a real pain.

A guildmate is at the stage where he needs to use the Treat - but he is unable to craft it despite having the skill level and ingredients.I was able to make 1 of these back when I was doing the collection (I have my Skyscale now) - so I know the recipe worked then. However today - just as with my guildmate - the recipe would not work. The 'crafting bar' ran but the Treat did not appear in my inventory; I do still have the 4g ingredient that I bought from the trader however.I assume this is a bug since both of us have experienced it today.

I am having the same issue. I cannot discover the recipe on my chef at all. None of the other ingredients except the meat show so I cannot 'discover' it.

** Not sure what happened... I took my chef to talk to Gorrik and he would only give me my progress - there was nothing about the recipe at all. I went back to the cooking station and suddenly the recipe is showing for me and I was able to successfully craft the food.

So, you want to say that you did not finished the collection yet and you are able to craft the Treat today (now) ?I tried to visit the Sun's Refuge, but Gorric is no more there, probably because I already have the Skyscale.It would be nice from ArenaNet to told clearly, if this is a bug or feature (not to be able to craft Treats after everything is finished). If this is a feature, I would like to be able to sell the excess Smell Enhancing Cultures for 4g each, tax free.

Same. I admit that since I have a bunch of charged crystals I'm trying to craft and post to TP. If this is by design since I have finished this collection, it would be nice if we were told and that we either would not be able to buy the culture anymore for 4g a piece or we had a way of selling it back.I mean the fact that it remains as something we can buy from any chef vendor tells me that they want it to be available after finishing the collection. Otherwise they should have made Gorrick the ONLY vendor with the culture.

@Kythan Myr.4719 said:Same. I admit that since I have a bunch of charged crystals I'm trying to craft and post to TP. If this is by design since I have finished this collection, it would be nice if we were told and that we either would not be able to buy the culture anymore for 4g a piece or we had a way of selling it back.I mean the fact that it remains as something we can buy from any chef vendor tells me that they want it to be available after finishing the collection. Otherwise they should have made Gorrick the ONLY vendor with the culture.

For me it was before I finished the collection so that doesn't matter. I wanted to craft one to skip having to wait to get the one in Hall of Ascension.

I purchased about 100 of the culture in anticipation of make the treats for the TP. Unfortunately I'm unable to make the treats now - attempts to craft them show the progress bar etc but no ingredients are consumed and no treat is produced. Like the others here I have completed my skyscale.

I'm currently stuck on this step to get the skyscale. for a few days now. I have the recipy unlocked. all the materials. when i go to craft it shows the progress bar animation but no materials are used and the item is not crafted. I really hope they fix this soon. ;w;

Since you say you're stuck on this step: for what it's worth, the treat is optional in that it lets you skip one of the collection objectives. You can find the skyscale manually, without the treat, instead. Look for the icon on the map.

That said, I have this bug too. I have the recipe. I can ostensibly use it. There's a progress bar and a completion ding sound, but nothing is actually created or consumed.