WvW Core Swap - Revenants?

zencow.3651

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Xenji.4907 said:Does that not mean anything?Not really, no.

This. Almost two thirds of those who answered that poll don't like the sound of it. But...

• The sound of it is all there is to work with at the moment
  • The participants of the poll are self-selected and tend to be the ones who are often complaining anyway
  • Even with the small number of players left in WvW, 200 participants is a drop in the bucket

@Ben K.6238 said:

@Xenji.4907 said:Does that not mean anything?Not really, no.

This. Almost two thirds of those who answered that poll don't like the sound of it. But...
  • The sound of it is all there is to work with at the moment
  • The participants of the poll are self-selected and tend to be the ones who are often complaining anyway
  • Even with the small number of players left in WvW, 200 participants is a drop in the bucketWell that and the fact that only 11% prefer no event.

For the other two options, it was a question what people prefer between events. I would also prefer an event that dropped precursors instead of lootbags at the same rate. Can we have that as an option?

It doesnt mean anything because it doesnt mean what people think it means and is actually 89% in favor of people wanting an event, any event. Core swap is an event. Its a badly worded poll as usual.

@Xenji.4907 said:

@"Chris Cleary.8017" said:We thought about this, Revs will drop orbs like any other profession and you'll be able to inherit slightly modified versions of Revenant skills and use them on any profession (including Revenant). Yes, you can pick up your own profession's orb :open_mouth:

Chris "Cleary" doesn't understand wvw... you should stick with pve events.

So far the polls are not liking this...

Currently - 49 people are for it. And 94 people aren't in favor of it.

Does that not mean anything?

ITT: people thinking that a hundred players, a portion of the several hundred players who frequent the forums, are representative of the tens of thousands of players in the game.

@"Ubi.4136" said:As much as I wished the game had just launched with dual-classing and ALL the original classes, I really, really, really hope they aren't trying to put dual classing back in to the game. The balance is so out of whack, and this seems like a beta test of a really bad idea.

Its partially because the balance is so out-of-whack and there being only a small number of viable builds for both the large scale and the small scale roaming scene that introducing this event might actually make things interesting for a week. Having there be new and interesting build combinations for a week is worth skewing the balance that much further. Plus if the thief skills are any indication, they're going to pull from utilities and elites that usually garbage anyway.

Plus those polls don't tell us anything, they always boil down to "I hate change unless its my change" regardless of the proposed event. No wonder things get so stagnant around here.

~ Kovu

@Ubi.4136 said:As much as I wished the game had just launched with dual-classing and ALL the original classes, I really, really, really hope they aren't trying to put dual classing back in to the game. The balance is so out of whack, and this seems like a beta test of a really bad idea.

Dual classing actually worked as a bit of an equalizer in GW1, though. Without it, the Paragon would have been largely absent from PvE since it didn't have much to offer apart from its ability to keep a particular Warrior shout up permanently.

It certainly could go horribly wrong in GW2, and I'm hoping they understand the current class balance well enough to see why. But at the same time, I'm hopeful that...

...I just thought of a longbow soulbeast running Mimic/Blink. On second thoughts let's not

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

@"Chris Cleary.8017" said:We thought about this, Revs will drop orbs like any other profession and you'll be able to inherit slightly modified versions of Revenant skills and use them on any profession (including Revenant). Yes, you can pick up your own profession's orb :open_mouth:

Chris "Cleary" doesn't understand wvw... you should stick with pve events.

So far the polls are not liking this...

Currently - 49 people are for it. And 94 people aren't in favor of it.

Does that not mean anything?

It would only mean something if Anet made the poll and what the responses actually meant. Player driven polls are just comment fodder.

Can you 2 cut this? Devs are allready barely active on forums, when they are they need to be in constant defense for choices i doubt to be in their hands.

I like to see what the other classes give. I just hope its not too game braking (understand this is not going to be a balanced week) but some combo for classes and skill maybe too much and make the week simply un-fun.

Maybe this should be tested on EotM map first?