Disable another degenerate build please

praqtos.9035

@"dDuff.3860" said:If you have troubles fighting condi thieves and winning games, this is completely l2p issue.It can be brought down, but not for much just to make up for tears.

That was incredibly helpful. All you're saying is "don't touch my cheese. Go eat your veggies first and get stronger."

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BadMed.3846 said:

@"dDuff.3860" said:If you have troubles fighting condi thieves and winning games, this is completely l2p issue.It can be brought down, but not for much just to make up for tears.

That was incredibly helpful. All you're saying is "don't touch my cheese. Go eat your veggies first and get stronger."

If you're curious, i've never touched condi s/d daredevil myself, and not even defending it, every time I stream, I say how bad this build is, and how it is easy to kill those, who play it, proofing it by evidence.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@dDuff.3860 said:Instead of addressing the actual issue, which is condi application rate for condition daredevil, you try to address sword2 which is vital for both power/condi builds, and one of the few defensive abilities thief exploit.But you are right, condi application is a problem, 5 condis every few seconds while immobilized shouldnt be a thing, a reason why CI was deleted entirely - immobilize, sword 2 is alrdy spammable teleport back and forth, immobilzie is an overkill on top of it.As I said, if you struggle against it, it is pretty much l2p. Unfun to play against — may be, overpowered — may be, overperforming — doubt so.You are pretty much being ridiculous, not being able to cleanse 5-6 conditions every few seconds isnt not l2p, its absurd

Spammable = 5 initiative, + huge aftercasts where you nor evading, nor hard CCing.5 initiative = 1/3 of shared cooldown ability pool. WOOOO SPAMMABLE!Its 900 range no LoS shadowstep through walls and elevations without a cooldown and thief initiative regain 1 per second, pretty much spammable WOOOOO.Doesnt adress the rest, I take it as you agree with me :)

@dDuff.3860 said:

@dDuff.3860 said:If you have troubles fighting condi thieves and winning games, this is completely l2p issue.It can be brought down, but not for much just to make up for tears.

If you're curious, i've never touched condi s/d daredevil myself, and not even defending it, every time I stream, I say how bad this build is, and how it is easy to kill those, who play it, proofing it by evidence.

There's no issue about the ease with which you can kill it. Sure it's not that hard. But the issue is around the ease with which it applies the condis. That's just not acceptable for healthy gameplay. There's not much skill involved in playing it. Good on you if you don't play it as anyone playing this build is generally a horrible thief.

Buff power thief builds to be competitively viable and nerf the condi build slightly and ud see more power thieves and less condi. Power d/p is ok at best right now and power s/d is boring after so many years and even it has fallen a bit behind and could use a small boost. With that said there's no reason every class couldn't have a viable well performing condi build for variety regardless of its unpopular nature. If anet actually toned down the powercreep on the other classes to a actual respectable level then I'd say just nerf condi thief but they don't, they do small shaves most times or nerf kitten that's not even what op on a class then move on for yrs lol

@praqtos.9035 said:

@bravan.3876 said:Can someone open a meme thread about 4 Condithieves in every game pls? It is about time! Same with Holos btw...Do we need a separate thread? I get almost every game 2-4 every game and almost all of them are condi drd lol

Never break tradition! :trollface: Looking at Mesmer CI, it needed around 4-6 different threads to get attention i would say

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Is it not already getting a nerf via DA trait? 2 stacks for 3 sec to now 1 stack for 5?

that changes nothing you cleanse everything or you die. gotta remove torment,bleed,confusion,weakness,immob and poison. with poison having 20k dmg

Lol gotta fully remove or u cleanse or die wtf lmao so a thief cant have a poison application trait or u die,wholly the bias is real. Everyday reading these post I'm glad anet listen to them very little lol got dor bit a player has to learn to cleanse against a thief like they do every class that can cause condi pressure. Try learning to play maybe instead of expecting being handed easy wins.wow

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:warrior is literally unplayable with poison thief plaguing the pvp.it can solo any warrior of any skill level within a rather quick time frame.

not any warrior, you can slot some cleanses and resist to combat them, still not gr matchup but not unwinable

nop, any warrior are helpless against poison thief, unless you run shoutheal with rune of soldier and warhorn, then u just die way slower but still die

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Is it not already getting a nerf via DA trait? 2 stacks for 3 sec to now 1 stack for 5?

that changes nothing you cleanse everything or you die. gotta remove torment,bleed,confusion,weakness,immob and poison. with poison having 20k dmgIts pointless to argue with him. "Logical fallacies? Owo whats that"The change is not nerf, its a buff, its gives them more frequent passive access to poison in case they cleansed previous.Because of such "X mains" game never becomes better but way more dumb and braindead and population decrease with astonishing speed

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"Psycoprophet.8107" said:Is it not already getting a nerf via DA trait? 2 stacks for 3 sec to now 1 stack for 5?

that changes nothing you cleanse everything or you die. gotta remove torment,bleed,confusion,weakness,immob and poison. with poison having 20k dmgIts pointless to argue with him. "Logical fallacies? Owo whats that"The change is not nerf, its a buff, its gives them more frequent passive access to poison in case they cleansed previous.Because of such "X mains" game never becomes better but way more dumb and braindead and population decrease with astonishing speed

Umm it was a kinda buff when it was changed to less stacks over shorter period but now it less stacks over longer period meaning a strait nerf no?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:U guys are hilariously overflowing the effectiveness of DA and sw2 as well outa pure bias against thief and it shows hard lmao. Keep going tho its amusing

I will give you homework, practicce using sword 2 + steal + dodge, as fast as you can. time how long it takes.then calculate how much dmg it applies. then ask yourself a question. who cant remove that much condis?if enemy team has condi thief, every single build, and I mean EVERY single builds, that cant insta cleanse that much. doesnt get to play the game.

@saerni.2584 said:If a couple of stacks of poison are killing you then I really don’t know what to say.

The sword teleport LoS thing is a legitimate balance question.

Everything else in this thread, well...Couple? For memes I used sw2dodge twice near light golem, it died, without me using steal or venom utility.Meme main detected :joy:

@saerni.2584 said:Lol, I don’t play S/D and they die easily enough.

Why are we pretending that the one unfair thing about S/D (the LoS issue) makes the set OP?

Its laughable at best. Power s/d build requires alot more timing and skill than like 90% of the builds out there to be effective with it, especially against this games powercreep. Best part is most these people are probably playing far more brain dead carry xlasses/builds and are dying to s/d thieves calling them op.If someone thinks power s/d is OP they definitely need to practice more and improve lol.

Condi Thief is only "strong" if you don't understand how conditions work. Conditions work in the last in first out method, last condition you got, first condition to get cleansed ALWAYSJust because a Condi Thief gives you 10 poison, cripple, torment, and bleeding doesn't mean its buried under those other "cover condis" if they hit you with an auto with Spider Venom up, or with anything with Deadly Ambition's new rework coming soon, they will apply another stack of poison, now meaning it is the first condition to be removed ALWAYS. That 11 poison you now have will be removed over those 3 or more other cover condis. It is very easy to take advantage of this feature in the game versus many things, esp vs Condi Thief.