Be close to Guild Wars 2

Hello to the Arenanet team, especially the devs,

I am really enjoying playing GW2 and all the playable content.Of course, one cannot stay online and play all the time. So, an idea struck me, why not be connected with Guild Wars even when we don’t sit in front of a PC. We could simply go have a drink with fiends, with family on a trip, or just simply go for a walk for our health’s sake. And all the while we would know we are in a way still connected to our favourite game. A mobile app would count how many steps we‘ve walked in a 24-hour period, and would then convert the count to a currency usable in the Guild Wars 2 game. The result would be a good feeling about ourselves as well as from the earned rewards. Why not give the players a new dimension to their game and satisfaction even when not sitting at the desk playing it? Nevertheless, it would be the first time a game rewards players for an active time spent outside of the fame, which would in return create the incentive to come back to it, and the first time would be yours.

I hope my idea will catch your attention and will be worth your time.

Best regards,Arsybald.6548

@"Dawdler.8521" said:goes to mine some mithril ore"Your mining is on cooldown, wait 6.31 hours or spend 50 gems to mine now!"

Or...

go to log in“Please return when you have completed your 10,000 steps for the day”. “To bypass the steps requirement please go to gem store for your daily ‘skip exercise’ pass”

@Vayne.8563 said:

@"KelyNeli.4516" said:Guildwars 2 for mobile devices is in development already.

That's the theory but you don't know it for sure, and shouldn't state it as fact. Someone might believe you.

https://mmoculture.com/2019/08/ncsoft-guild-wars-2-on-mobile-mentioned-during-financial-call/

Another intriguing piece of news came from the conference call with investors, and one question on Guild Wars 2. With many other popular IP getting a mobile version, it was put forward to NCsoft on the plans for Guild Wars 2 on mobile. NCsoft said that ArenaNet is conducting internal reviews on several projects, including mobile. Prototyping on new mobile games is also ongoing. For now, ArenaNet is not ready to launch any mobile titles.

Physical activity is a reward and one that should be valued on its own. Instead if something like that were to be implemented it should be "You have not walked enough today. Your account is locked until you complete the required number of steps." Step counters can be cheated anyway so it would all be a waste of time. Then of course there is also the issue of players with disabilities or people without smart phones/fitness trackers that would be unhappy. So yeah, won't work.

Just go outside and go for a walk or get other forms of exercise (if physically able). It doesn't take much to get started and if you make it a routine then soon it becomes a habit and the rewards present themselves. :)

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@KelyNeli.4516 said:Guildwars 2 for mobile devices is in development already.

That's the theory but you don't know it for sure, and shouldn't state it as fact. Someone might believe you.

Another intriguing piece of news came from the conference call with investors, and one question on Guild Wars 2. With many other popular IP getting a mobile version, it was put forward to NCsoft on the plans for Guild Wars 2 on mobile. NCsoft said that ArenaNet is conducting internal reviews on several projects, including mobile. Prototyping on new mobile games is also ongoing. For now, ArenaNet is not ready to launch any mobile titles.

" NCsoft said that ArenaNet is conducting internal reviews on several projects, including mobile. "

Anet has conducted reviews in the past that led to nothing. They did a review on whether or not to make a console Guild Wars 2, and people thought it would come out on console, but after reviewing they said it wouldn't happen.

Actually all this says is Anet is condition internal reviews on several projects including mobile. It doesn't actually say one of them in a Guild Wars 2 version for mobile. So yeah, I wouldn't use this as evidence of anything. A review isn't a product. We don't know it's coming.

@Arsybald.6548 said:Hello to the Arenanet team, especially the devs,

I am really enjoying playing GW2 and all the playable content.Of course, one cannot stay online and play all the time. So, an idea struck me, why not be connected with Guild Wars even when we don’t sit in front of a PC. We could simply go have a drink with fiends, with family on a trip, or just simply go for a walk for our health’s sake. And all the while we would know we are in a way still connected to our favourite game. A mobile app would count how many steps we‘ve walked in a 24-hour period, and would then convert the count to a currency usable in the Guild Wars 2 game. The result would be a good feeling about ourselves as well as from the earned rewards. Why not give the players a new dimension to their game and satisfaction even when not sitting at the desk playing it? Nevertheless, it would be the first time a game rewards players for an active time spent outside of the fame, which would in return create the incentive to come back to it, and the first time would be yours.

I hope my idea will catch your attention and will be worth your time.

Best regards,Arsybald.6548

I suggest you remove your real name and surname from the post. Its not smart to make it public.

If you wan't the GW2 experience on your phone .. that won't happen ... if you want something on your phone to remind you of GW2 (character management, chat, mini games like miniature fight ...) that's possible, but it's not what GW2 is MEANT to be (an Mmo is about controls, multiple skills, character movement .. I mean imagine doing raids on ur phone lol)... you want to play an mmo ... role play/grind/pvp/wvw/raid/playing music/strippin for gold? then wait till you go back home, turn u computer on and enjoy the game.

Archived