The One PvP fan in the back

Knighthonor.4061

They should actually just delete wvw and pvp entirely. Instead of torturing us and giving us false hope. Sure they would loose some players but atleast they'd be very open about it. Even now it's kinda obvious they don't really care bout these modes but still.. if you don't care just delete it and set free pvpers/wvwers from this false hope prison. I know sooo many peeps who are still playing gw2 just cuz they still are trying not to loose hope. Waiting for that "miracle balance patch". But it's been like 2-3 years actually. I'm astonished how patient some of em are. I mean.. isn't it time to just give up? It's been 3 years ! Why are you still expecting something at this point?

I think there are plenty of pvp fans in the back. Even many formally “top players” are only doing pvp for a few rewards, while it’s very obvious that pvp requires major changes to be relevant. Some ppl just want simple changes like Swiss but there are those that want completely different system like 2v2s and 3s to replace the boring ats that only seem like a substitute for esl. This way might be good to give the majority of the casual population a reason to farm and considering that many of the “casuals” are former top players this could possible give them a reason to keep farming until something exciting gives competitive pvp that edge for top players a desire to get top titles that aren’t currently held by match manipulating groups.

@"Dave.6819" said:They should actually just delete wvw and pvp entirely. Instead of torturing us and giving us false hope. Sure they would loose some players but atleast they'd be very open about it. Even now it's kinda obvious they don't really care bout these modes but still.. if you don't care just delete it and set free pvpers/wvwers from this false hope prison. I know sooo many peeps who are still playing gw2 just cuz they still are trying not to loose hope. Waiting for that "miracle balance patch". But it's been like 2-3 years actually. I'm astonished how patient some of em are. I mean.. isn't it time to just give up? It's been 3 years ! Why are you still expecting something at this point?

That's the thing. You WvWers don't really know what the heck you all want, no offense.

You want Balance. But that's impossible in a radical unique class based MMO system. Only games like CoD and BF in which classes are mostly the same thing with small differences can you have true balance.

You all say you want better servers and less lag, well that cost $$$ which GW2 being one of the more popular F2p MMOs I would assume cost them a lot alone for hosting this as is, so where that extra funding going to come from without introducing Subs? Because I don't want Subs in the game.

You want Population balance, but that's the thing about WvW and its flaw in itself. You all frown on WoW's Old AV system while ignoring why it's methods were so good. It was a large scale pvp Faction match but with instances to always keep population balance. EoTM did something like this by moving away from servers to a more Faction based system yet you WvWers said you didn't want that. Now they trying to do these Alliances system but they come to the road block of realizing that the Alliance system is extremely flaws and will fraction the WvW community even more. They not telling you this because they don't want to induce panic. But Alliances don't work unless they scrap the server VS server nonsense and go full Faction based with assigned factions. Which many people will not be happy about either.

You WvWers are also against new PvPvE elements in WvW. So that's pretty much any new content ideas.

So what is there left for Anet to do? You all don't know what you all really want. This why I say Anet need to just bite the bullet and do some stuff. Even if the community here are vocal at first against it. Mounts were a great addition for example despite what some of the minority roamers here say about it. It gets more people to the fights. Now they need more mechanics to get people back into the fights which is what WvW is all about. PvPvE and Large Epic Fights.

Trinity in other pvp MMOs are important for a reason. I still believe a Healing Golem suit or Healing Environment Bundle that does Trinity level group healing would be a good thing to do for WvW. Pick up that Healing Golem/Gun and a few players heal and revive players as their groups healers in the zergs. This will make zerg fights last longer and feel more epic.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Dave.6819" said:They should actually just delete wvw and pvp entirely. Instead of torturing us and giving us false hope. Sure they would loose some players but atleast they'd be very open about it. Even now it's kinda obvious they don't really care bout these modes but still.. if you don't care just delete it and set free pvpers/wvwers from this false hope prison. I know sooo many peeps who are still playing gw2 just cuz they still are trying not to loose hope. Waiting for that "miracle balance patch". But it's been like 2-3 years actually. I'm astonished how patient some of em are. I mean.. isn't it time to just give up? It's been 3 years ! Why are you still expecting something at this point?

That's the thing. You WvWers don't really know what the heck you all want, no offense.

You want Balance. But that's impossible in a radical unique class based MMO system. Only games like CoD and BF in which classes are mostly the same thing with small differences can you have true balance.

You all say you want better servers and less lag, well that cost $$$ which GW2 being one of the more popular F2p MMOs I would assume cost them a lot alone for hosting this as is, so where that extra funding going to come from without introducing Subs? Because I don't want Subs in the game.

You want Population balance, but that's the thing about WvW and its flaw in itself. You all frown on WoW's Old AV system while ignoring why it's methods were so good. It was a large scale pvp Faction match but with instances to always keep population balance. EoTM did something like this by moving away from servers to a more Faction based system yet you WvWers said you didn't want that. Now they trying to do these Alliances system but they come to the road block of realizing that the Alliance system is extremely flaws and will fraction the WvW community even more. They not telling you this because they don't want to induce panic. But Alliances don't work unless they scrap the server VS server nonsense and go full Faction based with assigned factions. Which many people will not be happy about either.

You WvWers are also against new PvPvE elements in WvW. So that's pretty much any new content ideas.

So what is there left for Anet to do? You all don't know what you all really want. This why I say Anet need to just bite the bullet and do some stuff. Even if the community here are vocal at first against it. Mounts were a great addition for example despite what some of the minority roamers here say about it. It gets more people to the fights. Now they need more mechanics to get people back into the fights which is what WvW is all about. PvPvE and Large Epic Fights.

Trinity in other pvp MMOs are important for a reason. I still believe a Healing Golem suit or Healing Environment Bundle that does Trinity level group healing would be a good thing to do for WvW. Pick up that Healing Golem/Gun and a few players heal and revive players as their groups healers in the zergs. This will make zerg fights last longer and feel more epic.

Well actually it's simple. We all want class balance. That's it. One thing is too much to ask for? Me and my friends are 80% pvpers 20% wvwers. Always were since almost beta days. From WvW perspective we want 2 things. 1.No warclaw (so people wont run away from fights. warclaw was a big hit for roamers. do i need to mention sentry marks also?) + 2.Class balance. For pvp we want class balance. That's it. Basically 2 things. Too much to ask for? Maybe throw in some new pvp map every 3 years if your majesty anet can if not it's ok i can careless for new maps.

@Dave.6819 said:

@Dave.6819 said:They should actually just delete wvw and pvp entirely. Instead of torturing us and giving us false hope. Sure they would loose some players but atleast they'd be very open about it. Even now it's kinda obvious they don't really care bout these modes but still.. if you don't care just delete it and set free pvpers/wvwers from this false hope prison. I know sooo many peeps who are still playing gw2 just cuz they still are trying not to loose hope. Waiting for that "miracle balance patch". But it's been like 2-3 years actually. I'm astonished how patient some of em are. I mean.. isn't it time to just give up? It's been 3 years ! Why are you still expecting something at this point?

Well actually it's simple. We all want class balance. That's it. One thing is too much to ask for? Me and my friends are 80% pvpers 20% wvwers. Always were since almost beta days. From WvW perspective we want 2 things. 1.No warclaw (so people wont run away from fights. warclaw was a big hit for roamers. do i need to mention sentry marks also?) + 2.Class balance. For pvp we want class balance. That's it. Basically 2 things. Too much to ask for? Maybe throw in some new pvp map every 3 years if your majesty anet can if not it's ok i can careless for new maps.

Once again you prove me point. Thanks

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Dave.6819 said:They should actually just delete wvw and pvp entirely. Instead of torturing us and giving us false hope. Sure they would loose some players but atleast they'd be very open about it. Even now it's kinda obvious they don't really care bout these modes but still.. if you don't care just delete it and set free pvpers/wvwers from this false hope prison. I know sooo many peeps who are still playing gw2 just cuz they still are trying not to loose hope. Waiting for that "miracle balance patch". But it's been like 2-3 years actually. I'm astonished how patient some of em are. I mean.. isn't it time to just give up? It's been 3 years ! Why are you still expecting something at this point?

Once again you prove me point. Thanks

Point being? That we don't know what we want? Well but we do i just said we need 2 things. Btw it's possible to balance mmo. Look no further then ESO. Or even gw2 in early days. Or Aion. You talkin we don't want bringing PvE stuff into PvP? Well let's turn the tables around. How would u feel if PvP was brought into PvE? Crazy right? How'd u feel u couldnt enter your precious fractal cuz i wouldn't let u in? So why the hell isit normal to bring PvE stuff to PvP? I'd be very happy to have open-world pvp but i know it's too crazy for this community and anet will never do this. So let them atleast stay away with their PvE mounts from WvW too.

And it doesn't matter anyway. All these talks are pointless. The only thing that clearly shows how satisfied people are in those game modes are numbers. And i got a full offline friend list of veteran pvpers. So.. yea.. it's kind of a hint. You can debate that all day but... numbers are solid and very telling. And it's okey nothing wrong with it. If company wants to focus on PvE and abandon other areas it's cool. But atleast they could clearly state it officially and move on instead making a joke out of pvpers.

It's time to face reality boys and girls.PvP is NOT a supported gamemode.

If the last 2-3 years have been any idication, Anet simply doesn't care about it.Over that timespan, we got what?

1 new map.new Weapon-skins.And a one-time-only (so far) 2v2 event.Thats legit it for the "new stuff".

I mean, we can count the map-reworks and top250 title changes.....but personally id rather not call that "content".That is literally all the effort they were willing to put into the gamemode.Not even talking about some of the glaring balance issues.Just the fact that they were unable/unwilling to fix the mAT for over 2 months now, is a massive red flag of how neglected this gamemode is.....and PvP arguably has it better than WvW.

This live announcement, while I actually thought that joke was funny (cause it was true), also just showcases further how little Anet is willing to invest into the competitive modes. "YAY .....New .......skins......"

Also ......swiss tourneys - when they arrive 2037 - wont save this mode. It's not new content. It's not a new event. It's not even a new feature.It is a tournament FORMAT. That's it.

Personally, I have decided to look elsewhere for my PvP fix.And I sure will miss GW2s amazing combat system.Im not saying that I forever rage-quit GW2.... there is no rage involved.....just the clarity, that im not willing to spend time and money at a game that clearly doesn't share the same priorities as me.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

+1

In the current state of WvW there's no place for developement tbh. What they may do? Another wvw map which wont change anything at all? xD It would be just a cosmetic change. This game mode sounded really good on paper, but reality shows something else. WvW should be totally remaked in this game. But meantime WvWers was (and probably still are) against those changes. So they've got abandoned game mode which just can't be developed more. We have to wait until every WvWer will leave this game mode. And maybe then ArenaNet will finally remake it.

WvW should be remaked into 3 things:

• Big open field map (something like eternal). To let everyone play the way they want to. Zerg. Roam. Etc, etc.

• Battlegrounds (some fun 20v20 / 30v30 / 40v40 or something like that). Where you can sign whenever you want, and play some matches. Solo or with premades. Duration of those battles could be about 20/30 minutes or something like that. You join and win or lose. And then get rewards. Every battleground would be different. Some would focus on capturing/defending castles. Others would be more about towers etc, etc. And it would be very easy to develop this kind of content (by making new bgs from time to time).

• 10 vs 10 GvG. With leaderboard, rewards, etc, etc.

@KryTiKaL.3125 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Sorry but this cracked me up during the stream. Anet has a great sense of humor.this was straight up GW2Meme worthy.

No they don't. That was just...it was funny but also really telling. Also
Greg Miller
was the one who made the joke, not ANet, the dude from ANet just laughed at it.

It was totally mean - I felt genuinely insulted by this.And the host was not hired by Anet, just came by to do the presentation? Oh please.

@Dave.6819 said:

As a frequent roamer in WvW, I have mixed feelings about the warclaw. While I do like it for personal mobility to head to opposite sides of the map where there is action, and use it to bait out bursts from others, it has dropped the quality of fights in WvW. If its 1 person, I will usually attempt to dismount them and more often than not I will succeed (gotta be smart about where and when to dismount them). I actually came from PvP (I used to be 80% PvP, 20% WvW until I noticed I was becoming as toxic as a lot of the players there so I left for WvW)

@Xion.5694 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Sorry but this cracked me up during the stream. Anet has a great sense of humor.this was straight up GW2Meme worthy.

No they don't. That was just...it was funny but also really telling. Also
Greg Miller
was the one who made the joke, not ANet, the dude from ANet just laughed at it.

It was totally mean - I felt genuinely insulted by this.And the host was not hired by Anet, just came by to do the presentation? Oh please.

Of course he was hired by ANet...he's a known Youtube personality and has done other gigs as a presentor, one of them being for Borderlands 3 when it was being announced. However he doesn't work only for ANet aka his affiliation with them only extended to the one presentation and he is not a representative of ANet.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Dave.6819 said:They should actually just delete wvw and pvp entirely. Instead of torturing us and giving us false hope.

You think the PVE casual's will keep Gw2 alive with out us pvp'ers & WvW'ers? Plz do it! I double dare you.

Well it's slowly coming to that tbh. Only pve'ers are keeping gw2 on life-support. PvPers/WvWers don't contribute much to it.. the only contribution pvpers do consistantly is ranting about the state of pvp so i think anet would be happy to shush em off abit.

@Dave.6819 said:

@Dave.6819 said:They should actually just delete wvw and pvp entirely. Instead of torturing us and giving us false hope.

You think the PVE casual's will keep Gw2 alive with out us pvp'ers & WvW'ers? Plz do it! I double dare you.

Well it's slowly coming to that tbh. Only pve'ers are keeping gw2 on life-support. PvPers/WvWers don't contribute much to it.. the only contribution pvpers do consistantly is ranting about the state of pvp so i think anet would be happy to shush em off abit.

Glad you get the situation there. As much as I love PvP, there's not enough people to influence a bigger investment into place. It's not like the game is utterly broken right now either, people just have to get good and work with what they have, hope that somehow the modes will be popular again so that people can just enjoy a game or two as the days go. Anet could definitely use some ads to promote how unique the game is, like GW2 has it all compared the games that are popular right now, there's no reason for people to not try.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

Got it. So you are not a WvW player. I'll file that away.