little rewards?

Bossun.2046

so recently I got back into wvw, just this weekend. I completed the Pip reward chest over 2 days, even tho i started late and on slower times. after that, i just kept on getting the repeatable version of the diamond chest, which practically has nothing in it tbh... so what else is there to satisfy my cravings for short term rewards? I do want to get all of the WvW tentacle armors, but it is so far out of my reach at the moment that i can't just focus on that. the cap on the ticket currency is tough. :(

game mode is fun, dont get me wrong. I jump into discord whenever a commander is on and can play this all day but the lack of rewards is tough. unless I am missing it?

how do you peeps cope with this?

@Bossun.2046 said:so recently I got back into wvw, just this weekend. I completed the Pip reward chest over 2 days, even tho i started late and on slower times. after that, i just kept on getting the repeatable version of the diamond chest, which practically has nothing in it tbh... so what else is there to satisfy my cravings for short term rewards? I do want to get all of the WvW tentacle armors, but it is so far out of my reach at the moment that i can't just focus on that. the cap on the ticket currency is tough. :(

game mode is fun, dont get me wrong. I jump into discord whenever a commander is on and can play this all day but the lack of rewards is tough. unless I am missing it?

how do you peeps cope with this?

I play an alt account so that it gets pips too. And, we are outnumbered soo often, that I can usually finish all my tickets on 3 accts, sometimes a 4th. One week, I even got my 5th acct (who is just for storage) tickets through plat. Which is kind of sad, that accts that were meant just for login rewards are now almost to silver rank.

@Blackarps.1974 said:PvE for gold. WvW for fun. PvP when you want to question your life choices.thats a bad way to look at it imo. Many PvErs have fun AND profit from it. is it wrong that WvWs experience the same? also, it doesn't have to be gold that is the reward. something like repeatable tickets even if amount is halved or lower? idk, there are A LOT of items that can be bought with them but their time gate just slows everything down. My rank is around 1260, and most of that was before reward tracks and all that. Used to run with BOMB, fun times :)

Its just that after spending a lot of time on PvE and PvP, going back to WvW just feels... depressing...

@Bossun.2046 said:

@Blackarps.1974 said:PvE for gold. WvW for fun. PvP when you want to question your life choices.thats a bad way to look at it imo. Many PvErs have fun AND profit from it. is it wrong that WvWs experience the same? also, it doesn't have to be gold that is the reward. something like repeatable tickets even if amount is halved or lower? idk, there are A LOT of items that can be bought with them but their time gate just slows everything down. My rank is around 1260, and most of that was before reward tracks and all that. Used to run with BOMB, fun times :)

Its just that after spending a lot of time on PvE and PvP, going back to WvW just feels... depressing...

You are preaching to the choir, brother.

@Bossun.2046 said:

I didn't say you can't have fun and make gold in PvE, but from a hardcore WvW player's perspective, PvE is boring. Outside of higher fractals and raids, there's 0 challenge and that's just not fun to me. If I needed gold though, I always went into PvE and did a brain dead event where I would lootstick my life away for an hour.

Before anet can improve rewards, the way rewards are distributed has to be changed. "Outnumbered map -> hit T6 -> flip camp every 10 minutes" should not be as rewarding (sometimes more) as active participation. Different play styles need to be weighed for their overall importance and have rewards balanced around their weighting.

But I used that nasty "balance" word again, didn't I??

@Bossun.2046 said:

In a previous thread people were complaining we didn't have to pay for upgrades anymore. I used to pay for them and didn't mind but it was a change that needed to go. Was nothing worse than paying all that coin out of pocket and then to scout and call out the upgraded structure needed support to hear a shout back, don't worry about it we will take it back next time we are thru. No, we didn't lose any players with that kind of gameplay around. So yes we do pay less now but, no you will make more coin for efforts elsewhere.