“Bound by Blood” is coming on September 17!

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:wait no build templates...are you serious? lmao

They said a while ago they wouldn't be releasing this early

@Knighthonor.4061 said:What time?

They don't give times for patches and never have done. But, expect it to drop at the usual time any major patch does, then go through the cycle of hotfixes to make it playable

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt expect anything about the upcoming "season" once they made clear we wont get another expansion and no Cantha. Last time i lost interest in this game i left to play another one (which will get a new expansion soon, by the way) and thats what i will be doing again now. Path of Fire brought me back to GW2 after 2.5 years of being away, i doubt i will return this time. ANet has let me down too often lately. No Cantha, i leave. Simple as that. You had your chance to make me stay, you failed.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:

O_o. It's the Aurene branded enchanted forest scene I was hoping for from this area! Great to see parts of the map that aren't siege-y industrial Charr land. And I bet the story step involved in this area will be quite nice too.

I'd love an interaction with Aurene and the Commander, where she asked if the Commander would like her to brand the blood legions and make them all Rainbows and unicorns. hehe.

Thanks for the updates. Too bad you dont use the official forums for stuff like that. For us non Twitter users.

Its there in your comment, what are you talking about? You dont need twitter to press play and watch it.

Agreed. I do not have, never have had, and intend never to have a Twitter account (or FaceBook or any other such platform). But I can read tweets and the comments on them and view embeds in them just fine, and only very rarely do I wish I could post a comment on a tweet. Never enough to get sucked into the social media vortex.

If you don't care to follow that link, all you are missing is a gif on a 10 second loop with the new charr's face with fire themes on one side and ice themes the other. Along with some interesting (and mostly polite) fan comments. I'm not sure gifs can be embedded in these forums. And I don't mind the devs just posting links to the tweets, that is so much more than we used to get -- so they are using the official forums to keep us informed, far more than previously, and I hope the trend continues despite some unhappy responses.

Psyched for tomorrow, here!

Hopes for this season:

• Aurene shot off into the sky as a newly transformed ED. Good, now stay away from Tyria and our story. Don't come in and save the day every bloody time; if she's that powerful, just swoop in and get rid of Jormag, Primordus and DSD in one fell swoop so our story can focus on something else.

• There's something about fantasy genre and heavy metal that I completely loathe. Yes, I know the Charr have their industrial aspect to the culture in GW2; steam powered cars/tanks, the Black Citadel, steam powered weapons, but please... confine the "Metal Legion" band to just that stage and for the love of God, let there be less metal music and rather more music by Diemer, Chapelle and LePard and the likes. Top composers on the level of Jeremy Soule these days.

@"Frosch.7809" said:I didnt expect anything about the upcoming "season" once they made clear we wont get another expansion and no Cantha. Last time i lost interest in this game i left to play another one (which will get a new expansion soon, by the way) and thats what i will be doing again now. Path of Fire brought me back to GW2 after 2.5 years of being away, i doubt i will return this time. ANet has let me down too often lately. No Cantha, i leave. Simple as that. You had your chance to make me stay, you failed.

Not to jump on any band wagons you understand, but this is how I feel.Still here though, because I can't undo what they said about Cantha at the start of Gw2 and no amount of moaning is going to change that.Frustrating when you see them 'take note' of other things and not comment when cantha comes up.Part of the Guildwars universe, can't escape that.

@Dondarrion.2748 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, Maclaine composed the (War)band's music. :astonished:

Hehe, most likely, should've clarified I'm hoping for less metal music, irrespective of the composer, and that I'd rather see more fantasy themed pieces like we've had earlier from the said people. :)

If it is any consolation, I loathe metal “music” too. Im not against their use of it, but ill be avoiding listening to it as much as poss

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, Maclaine composed the (War)band's music. :astonished:

Hehe, most likely, should've clarified I'm hoping for less metal music, irrespective of the composer, and that I'd rather see more fantasy themed pieces like we've had earlier from the said people. :)

If it is any consolation, I loathe metal “music” too. Im not against their use of it, but ill be avoiding listening to it as much as poss

I like metal. I dunno, I get the charr reasoning but as a game I don't think metal has its place really. Let's see.

Just looked at the one from a few days ago with the 'bumper cars'.... Do those... Charr-cycles have a sidecar! attached...... could we possibly be getting hinted at a 2 seater mount in the making o_O

@Suryaraad.8714 said:

@Suryaraad.8714 said:Is there any knowledge of the time it will release today?

Patches do not have times. It will likely drop when patches normally do though, followed by a cycle of hotfixes

Ah oke thanks mate. no idea what to expect from this pre saga :P

From what I've been able to tell, these sort of things 'normally' tend to hit around the Gem Shop update time or at least within 2-3 hours or so after (generally if they are having problems with something).

@Dami.5046 said:

I like metal. I dunno, I get the charr reasoning but as a game I don't think metal has its place really. Let's see.

Same, I like Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock etc, but I also love Old Classical and 'Modern' Classical such as Epic/Trailer Music (yes, I know, I'm weird :P also I would LOVE to see what Audiomachine/Two Steps from Hell/Globus could come up with if they made some music for the game :D ) and to me 'metal' music in a fantasy setting has, well..., more of a 'jokey/4th wall' feel too it. The Charr have always felt more of a 'Blue Man Group' music type to me, where they use random things like pipes/brushes to make a 'sort of rock music' (google them, plenty of stuff on youtube :P ) but I guess well find out how well it all fits in a few hours time :P

EDIT: Wot iz spelling!

@Ryukai.6524 said:Just looked at the one from a few days ago with the 'bumper cars'.... Do those... Charr-cycles have a sidecar! attached...... could we possibly be getting hinted at a 2 seater mount in the making o_O

@Suryaraad.8714 said:Is there any knowledge of the time it will release today?

Patches do not have times. It will likely drop when patches normally do though, followed by a cycle of hotfixes

Ah oke thanks mate. no idea what to expect from this pre saga :P

From what I've been able to tell, these sort of things 'normally' tend to hit around the Gem Shop update time or at least within 2-3 hours or so after (generally if they are having problems with something).

Same, I like Metal, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock etc, but I also love Old Classical and 'Modern' Classical such as Epic/Trailer Music (yes, I know, I'm weird :P also I would LOVE to see what Audiomachine/Two Steps from Hell/Globus could come up with if they made some music for the game :D ) and to me 'metal' music in a fantasy setting has, well..., more of a 'jokey/4th wall' feel too it. The Charr have always felt more of a 'Blue Man Group' music type to me, where they use random things like pipes/brushes to make a 'sort of rock music' (google them, plenty of stuff on youtube :P ) but I guess well find out how well it all fits in a few hours time :P

EDIT: Wot iz spelling!

FYI liking Audiomachine, Two Steps From Hell and similar is a point in favour of anyone's character imo

Just saw the bumper cars trailer, seems fun, I think I've spotted missiles and explosions, it's more like charr tanks battle... SAVAGE imagine the number of casualties. x) They are several activites spotted: That Cars fight, shooting stand, burning an effigy... I think the only activity type missing is a mini-arena like polymock. When you take a look on cities, asura/sylvari are the only one without any activity/game in their city. Humans now have a game with shooting stand, norn have keg brawl, charr have that charr tanks battle.

Thanks for the updates. Too bad you dont use the official forums for stuff like that. For us non Twitter users.

She literally is using the official forums for this, though.

You have a funny definition of literal.No, they LITERALLY released ALL the Bound by Blood announcements on Twitter. The CSM was nice enough to LINK them to the forums so we could know about them.

TBH, if you guys are happy with announcements being made in other media and, on the off chance someone decides to share them to the forums, maybe learn about them, then you are happy..

Heavy metal is great:) I love this style of music. And he is very suitable, in my opinion, to the harsh Scandinavian, Nordic themes of the new Saga. However, I perfectly understand that many people don’t like this music, and I myself can’t listen to this music all the time, I like and the main musical style of GW2, and therefore it would be very nice if Anet gave us the opportunity to somehow choose soundtracks for the game. Not only in the new Saga, in general in the game.

You have a funny definition of literal.No, they LITERALLY released ALL the Bound by Blood announcements on Twitter. The CSM was nice enough to LINK them to the forums so we could know about them.

TBH, if you guys are happy with announcements being made in other media and, on the off chance someone decides to share them to the forums, maybe learn about them, then you are happy..

They have to the video somewhere - it is easier to put it there (their OFFICIAL twitter - so no diff to using any other official platform) and then copy across platforms. They didn't announce it exclusively to twitter, they used all their platforms. The person who put it on the forums is the same person putting it on Twitter. It's not a kind gesture done on an off chance - it's literally using the forums to communicate. They even started a thread specifically for it.

So she is LITERALLY using the forums for this. And twitter and all forms of media as well. There is no logical or plausible reason to be against what they are doing

@"AlexVv.3965" said:Heavy metal is great:) I love this style of music. And he is very suitable, in my opinion, to the harsh Scandinavian, Nordic themes of the new Saga. However, I perfectly understand that many people don’t like this music, and I myself can’t listen to this music all the time, I like and the main musical style of GW2, and therefore it would be very nice if Anet gave us the opportunity to somehow choose soundtracks for the game. Not only in the new Saga, in general in the game.

You can! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack

CSM? Customer Support Manager? Rubi isn't a part of the Customer Support Team, if that's what you meant.She is part of the Content Marketing Team, whose job it is to post on any or all official channels, Twitter being one of those official channels. She also posted here, on the official forums.

Here's a 'Bound by Blood' announcement posted on the News Blog (by a member of the Content Marketing Team [Anatoli]):https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/learn-more-about-bound-by-blood-in-living-world-magazine/Here's another:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-icebrood-saga-begins-september-17/