Upcoming Ranger Changes - Extremely Sad

shadowpass.4236

@fra.5241 said:Anyway I've also got other classes like zerk-Reaper, support-Firebrand, zerk-Dragon Hunter, alac-Renegade and I find all them suggestive, powerful, useful for certain situations.Also that pet mechanics always seemed unconvincing to meNow, I think also this class should be reworked almost entirely because I really feel stress and difficulty at all times.

Those classes have something in common : big easy AoE and well designed skills. When you play them, you feel powerful and you make a difference.

Ranger ? Meh. Power Fbrand, Power DH or Reaper fart AoEs. The whole area is busy with their spells. Ranger only has the channeled Barrage.

Playing a Condi FBrand is crazy easy and do more damage than the weird Condi Ranger that has to hug a target and flank.

Soul Spiral and Whirling Wrath are both mobile (5 targets), but Ranger has the stationary Whirling Defense (3 targets).

I can go on with stuffs like that, but it just shows how much handicap the Ranger has to deal with. Just look at the state of the Druid's staff, it shows you how bad it is.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to ask you guys something hopefully get answer will or will not a hybrid of a support druid work as well in pve? just curious mostly.

Say for instance if i took some of the stuff like weakness and axe/axe and muddy terrain to cc enemies will that work? Im tempted to test it out just out of curiosity.

@Krispera.5087 said:

@fra.5241 said:Anyway I've also got other classes like zerk-Reaper, support-Firebrand, zerk-Dragon Hunter, alac-Renegade and I find all them suggestive, powerful, useful for certain situations.Also that pet mechanics always seemed unconvincing to meNow, I think also this class should be reworked almost entirely because I really feel stress and difficulty at all times.

Those classes have something in common : big easy AoE and well designed skills. When you play them, you feel powerful and you make a difference.

Ranger ? Meh. Power Fbrand, Power DH or Reaper fart AoEs. The whole area is busy with their spells. Ranger only has the channeled Barrage.

Playing a Condi FBrand is crazy easy and do more damage than the weird Condi Ranger that has to hug a target and flank.

Soul Spiral and Whirling Wrath are both mobile (5 targets), but Ranger has the stationary Whirling Defense (3 targets).

I can go on with stuffs like that, but it just shows how much handicap the Ranger has to deal with. Just look at the state of the Druid's staff, it shows you how bad it is.

Those are wise words and real facts.

@Sansar.1302 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:You what IS a kitten bug? The entire mirage profession.

Dodge while cc'd? Sounds like a kitten bug to me. How about you remove
that
Anet?

exploits@arena.net

Way to dumb down the game.

Instead of throwing a tantrum like a five year old. Make a constructive complaint and send it to ArenaNet if you don't agree with their decisions.

They have made
many
questionable decisions in the past year. From buffing Holo to nerfing core guard and druid. Leaving mirage cloak unchecked, and Mercy signet in the game.

I understand you don't want your main class nerfed, I understand how that feels.But at the end of the day, this wasn't intended behavior and should never have existed in the first place.

And ranger GS is already very strong without it, having gap closer, evade, block, hard cc and burst all in the same weapon is a boon very few classes has access to.Many classes have seen nerfs this patch, so it's only fair that ranger gets theirs

Also would like to point out:How the kitten is it dumbing down the game by removing the option to press 111111 to deal massive dmg while having 50% evade uptime with quickness? It's making you need to use more skills. Literally the opposite of dumbing down.

Dumbing down as now the game are not viable to play as a GS/X Ranger not in PvE or any of the PVP modes it took a few builds out of game.And it never had 50% evade with quickness as evade lasts shorter under quickness ;)And massive dmg on ranger what ? plz look at what the other classes have plz

I have hit 10k autos on people on full zerk while testing it in wvw. In a single powerstab hit. 10k while evading with quickness isn't high dmg to you?

@bigo.9037 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:You what IS a kitten bug? The entire mirage profession.

Dodge while cc'd? Sounds like a kitten bug to me. How about you remove
that
Anet?

exploits@arena.net

Way to dumb down the game.

Instead of throwing a tantrum like a five year old. Make a constructive complaint and send it to ArenaNet if you don't agree with their decisions.

They have made
many
questionable decisions in the past year. From buffing Holo to nerfing core guard and druid. Leaving mirage cloak unchecked, and Mercy signet in the game.

I understand you don't want your main class nerfed, I understand how that feels.But at the end of the day, this wasn't intended behavior and should never have existed in the first place.

And ranger GS is already very strong without it, having gap closer, evade, block, hard cc and burst all in the same weapon is a boon very few classes has access to.Many classes have seen nerfs this patch, so it's only fair that ranger gets theirs

Also would like to point out:How the kitten is it dumbing down the game by removing the option to press 111111 to deal massive dmg while having 50% evade uptime with quickness? It's making you need to use more skills. Literally the opposite of dumbing down.

Dumbing down as now the game are not viable to play as a GS/X Ranger not in PvE or any of the PVP modes it took a few builds out of game.And it never had 50% evade with quickness as evade lasts shorter under quickness ;)And massive dmg on ranger what ? plz look at what the other classes have plz

I have hit 10k autos on people on full zerk while testing it in wvw. In a single powerstab hit. 10k while evading with quickness isn't high dmg to you?

Full maurader and have never seen a crit anything close to that any more after sic em nerf, so I think you lie