Any other engineer saddened by the build template news?

Vagrant.7206

legendary gear doesnt even work with this garbage. different stat combinations on legendary gear take as much space in the new system as another normal set. going from 15+ builds with legendary armour and only runes in inventory to 2 with this new system just sucks.It would ne ok if the number of armour in the system would be limited and builds could use gear in inventory but this implementation is just a punch in the face. Wont give them a penny for this ea / chinese mobile game level cashgrab

Going through that long text to find the info:

Your account will have access to three Build Storage Spaces for free. To obtain more, you can purchase them in packs of three in the Gem Store. For a limited time after release, you’ll be able to pick up a free pack in the Gem Store for a total of six free Build Storage Spaces.

Each of your characters will have access to two Equipment Template tabs for free, and the first will be automatically populated with an Equipment Template containing the gear your character was wearing when you last logged in.

If this is shared across all characters, then yes many will be starved for slots. But then again people always say Anet should monetize more and many seem to agree that they "need the money" to maintain GW2, to the point of wanting subscriptions. Arguing against this would be hypocritical. As long as the cost is reasonable per character (say ~200 gems, whatever). For the average player that plays one main then this should be more than enough, a PvE set and a WvW set, with 6 build variations of that. Or if focusing on one or the other, raid+open set, roamer+zerger, whatever combo you want. Most people today has already bought character slots for each purpose anyway so it's not like build templates is a sudden required game changer for the meta. Doesnt work like that. You could still change things manually too.

Three build and equipment storage spaces will probably not be an issue for me. At most, I have two builds in PvE: one for damage and one for support. I enjoy build crafting, but I try to have one build made for these two roles. Besides, I knew this was going to be thing, having limited amount of spaces for build and equipment templates at release.

I've been playing GW2 since 2013 and not once have I spent any gold or money on bag slot or bank tab expansions, so the three build and equipment storage spaces won't be problematic which I know is a very subjective thing to say. Then again, they did mention this:

For a limited time after release, you’ll be able to pick up a free pack in the Gem Store for a total of six free Build Storage Spaces.

If this is true, then I don't see an issue with the whole limited build and equipment storage spaces.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Three build and equipment storage spaces will probably not be an issue for me. At most, I have two builds in PvE: one for damage and one for support. I enjoy build crafting, but I try to have one build made for these two roles. Besides, I knew this was going to be thing, having limited amount of spaces for build and equipment templates at release.

I've been playing GW2 since 2013 and not once have I spent any gold or money on bag slot or bank tab expansions, so the three build and equipment storage spaces won't be problematic which I know is a very subjective thing to say. Then again, they did mention this:

For a limited time after release, you’ll be able to pick up a free pack in the Gem Store for a total of six free Build Storage Spaces.

If this is true, then I don't see an issue with the whole limited build and equipment storage spaces.

same.

If you are a main engineer, you have nothing to worry about as the engineer has no more build diversity today. (im engi main, alt ranger, using roughly 3-4 builds)