Fixing Renegade; Short bow --- Damage increase +70-300%

JayAction.9056

Renegade short bow is still non-viable, as well as the entire Renegade trait line and Kalla legend. Short bow does way too low damage even after the +333% damage buff, and skill #2 and #3 are still way too impractical to reliably count on their damage.

As it is right now skills #1-5 can use anywhere from +30% to +300% damage increase, if the lack of reliability is to remain the same. Renegade also suffers from being forced into using the most defensive amulets for sustain that is still well below near every spec in game, even non meta builds. Even in if the damage output was increased to ridiculous levels given an offensive amulet like vipers, the spec has no built in sustain that would even allow such a play style to succeed.

It's so many things preventing this build from being viable. If the spec is going to remain having such low sustain and lack of ways to mitigate damage, the outgoing damage is going to need to be dramatically higher than what it is right now.

Edit: My post history since POF release has in detail write ups to all the weakness of Renegade as updates were made.

Is this thing ever going to be playable outside of raids? It’s like completely wasted for a person looking to enjoy PvP or WvW

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I would love for #2 and #3 to become more functional for PvP/WvW. Auto is solid, #5 is fantastic, and my only complaint with #4 is how it can't be used from behind.This, this is the deal breaker for me. 5 also being clunky sometimes which kills mobility.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I would love for #2 and #3 to become more functional for PvP/WvW. Auto is solid, #5 is fantastic, and my only complaint with #4 is how it can't be used from behind.This, this is the deal breaker for me. 5 also being clunky sometimes which kills mobility.

Yeah, it would be really nice to have Shortbow 5 auto-rotate your character to your target like most skills in the game do. I often find myself actually detargetting to use the skill.

Or you can just make skill 3 a target skill instead of the stupid reverse shotgun design?

I do not think SB need more. PvP viability will require fundamental changes to renegade. The fucking kitten utilities need to go/change. The traits need to offer sustain and mobility.

@Shao.7236 said:

@otto.5684 said:Renegade for most is meant for bunking, it can do it quite well. The legend that is, but you're not forced to play Kalla, the traits are good and as Shiro/Jalis those traits do introduce other builds that are viable and fun to play with.

100% agree with this assessment. Shiro/jalis is an excellent combo, although I personally enjoy using Kalla as no other legend can output such high levels of aoe dmg (mad king rune + soulcleave is a fun combo to pull off in a team fight)