What are your top 3 classes you think are OP or are lowkey OP?

Crab Fear.1624

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvpCondi mirage hands down gets first place hereCondi sage symbol, mantra flash, boon splatter, firebrandCondi theif is pretty strong (its just too safe while applying its damage imo i dont think anet can fix this without killing the build completely though)

Everything else under this is pretty manageableEven weaver at least you can counter them by kiting and waiting for the gaps in their burst you cant do this with mirage, thief

If i had to name a 4th and a 5th spot i would say....Any warrior build with rampage for its elite (that 1 button skill is just too free against so many classes its insane. If every elite was = in terms of power i wouldnt care but thats not the case. I dont know many other elites that have the power that rampage has it might just be in a class of its own really.)Holo

@Arheundel.6451 said:1) Condi Mirage2) Rampage sb/core/tactics war3) Reaper/Core necro

2 and 3 have easy access to 25 might and can often win fights by landing some lucky crit of 7k+ regardless of level of toughness

Thats not being op if its a lucky crit it means the class needs help or that you are being oblivious. Most necros wont even instantly hit 25 might like a warrior will.Granted there are a wide number of classes who have ease access to 25 might not sure why you singled out reaper/ corn necro when other classes do it faster.Warrior, Holo, Reaper, Herald Rev, Soul beast,

In the case of reaper/necro i would argue its might gain is justified until anet gives it more than just might, swiftness, and minimal protection thats really the only only boons it gets vs everything else which gets plentiful access to 3-4 other boons in addition to might, swiftness, protection etc.

1...does not need introductiontruth

Core necro...the fear/boon rip chain can be extremely hard to deal with, close to impossible in some case, you just get condi bombed/feared to death

if it killed you as fast as mirage or theif condi and was just as safe while applying it would agree. But in truth necros damage ramps pretty slow. In truth its not applicable to fear someone to death unless you are mindless with applying stability to yourself, have 0 stun breaks or condi clear, and get hit with ever necromancer fear while not aggressing them all at the same time. Once again you have to be pretty oblivious to them for this to work as easy as you make it sound.

@"Fueki.4753" said:Rather than classes, this should be categorized as build-types

1) conditions builds2) builds that are designed for power but actually are hybrids ("power" Mirages)3) Stealth and/or near-perma evasion (Thieves, Mirages, some Weavers)

Im intrigued...how is a power mirage, specced in zerk stats considered "hybrid"?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:Rather than classes, this should be categorized as build-types

1) conditions builds2) builds that are designed for power but actually are hybrids ("power" Mirages)3) Stealth and/or near-perma evasion (Thieves, Mirages, some Weavers)

Im intrigued...how is a power mirage, specced in zerk stats considered "hybrid"?

if you play mirage, you are condi cancer, even if you play GS sword,focus. you are still condi cancer, get in with the game.

@NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:1) Condi Mirage2) Rampage sb/core/tactics war3) Reaper/Core necro

2 and 3 have easy access to 25 might and can often win fights by landing some lucky crit of 7k+ regardless of level of toughness

1...does not need introduction

Core necro...the fear/boon rip chain can be extremely hard to deal with, close to impossible in some case, you just get condi bombed/feared to death

Idk fam, despite all their boon rip and might and quickness uptime, it'd take me much more to list necromancer or any of its specs here. Too telegraphed, lacks mobility to hang with thieves, holo and mesmers.

where did the meme of mirage having good mobility came from ? very curious I am

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

if you play mirage, you are condi cancer, even if you play GS sword,focus. you are still condi cancer, get in with the game.

Had some player earlier in the year that I was dueling (an engi spec is all I remember...and rifle) tell me my condi's is what killed him. I run an off meta DPS (valk/marauder) build (axe/torch + GS). I remember he got nailed with The Prestige and the burn itself nailed him for under 200 damage and the confusion from axe attacks were like 10-25 damage/tick.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Had some player earlier in the year that I was dueling (an engi spec is all I remember...and rifle) tell me my condi's is what killed him. I run an off meta DPS (valk/marauder) build (axe/torch + GS). I remember he got nailed with The Prestige and the burn itself nailed him for under 200 damage and the confusion from axe attacks were like 10-25 damage/tick.

yea, im running hybrid build RN, axe/pistol + staff, people still whine condi OP REEEE, even tho most of my dmg is power oriented, yikes!

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

yea, im running hybrid build RN, axe/pistol + staff, people still whine condi OP REEEE, even tho most of my dmg is power oriented, yikes!

Imma run this in unranked and see how it goes. I need a meme build to play on while I go through my tracks.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Imma run this in unranked and see how it goes. I need a meme build to play on while I go through my tracks.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAcqZlRwwYKsLmJWuP1vPA-zZxsMisCyMFkfAhere you go, things of note, its still mesmer. projectile block/reflect fucks you over.its multi hit, so retal fucks you over.its semi condi, so heavy condi clear fucks you over.its melee so warrior is a balerina dance kinda fight, you duck in and out and slap them with a wooden stick, carefull they have a hammer!its super fun so 10/10 would recomend!

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

here you go, things of note, its still mesmer. projectile block/reflect kitten you over.its multi hit, so retal kitten you over.its semi condi, so heavy condi clear kitten you over.its melee so warrior is a balerina dance kinda fight, you duck in and out and slap them with a wooden stick, carefull they have a hammer!its super fun so 10/10 would recomend!

This whole post made me lol. Thanks :)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Idk fam, despite all their boon rip and might and quickness uptime, it'd take me much more to list necromancer or any of its specs here. Too telegraphed, lacks mobility to hang with thieves, holo and mesmers.

You don't think that Blink, Phase Retreat, Illusionary Ambush and 2x Jaunt counts as good mobility? In terms of vertical mobility, only thief can hope to keep up.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

You don't think that Blink, Phase Retreat, Illusionary Ambush and 2x Jaunt counts as good mobility? In terms of vertical mobility, only thief can hope to keep up.

In terms of horizontal mobility (which is where you fight most classes) no...

@Solori.6025 said:

In terms of horizontal mobility (which is where you fight most classes) no...

Every node in the game has vertical obstacles near them

@"Oahkahmewolf.6210" said:lowkey op,

try shout healer warrior with horn and mender ammy. The rezults are interesting...if your players are good u can roflstomp any teamfights

tactic, strength & defencehttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwEcEWwh65OtC-z5AfINKBKVJEwIwXDA

If you go support Warrior, isn't it a waste to invest in Strength? There is literally 0 synergy with your support build. Replacing that with Discipline makes for much smoother gameplay! You forgot to add your utilities too - keep an eye on that ;)

As for my current power-ranking listing of Ranked builds that are simply overpowered (not overperforming - the difference here is key):1: Condition Daredevil (well that's both overpowered and overperforming)2: Core Necromancer (say what you may, you didn't get to the right build yet. It is in no way overperforming though!)3: I actually don't have a 3rd spot. If I base my ranking on what is interactive to play against, even Holosmith is "interactive" and you do have the outplay potential.

For those that think power Mirage is broken: well I kind of agree, but it's so telegraphed, why don't you learn to dodge at key moments and use your other resources accordingly?

@Ragnar.4257 said:

I chase people with mirage, trust me, you cant even keep up with repers half the time, they simply outrun you becouse you have no swiftness, you have to steal it or they gonna run.

Illusionary ambush is random, it might as well YEET you throught the wall and a floor and set you behind.staff 2 is good, but its 450 range.blink is good, but its the ONLY stunremoval, using it for mobility impacts mirage more then preety much any other ability, heck using rampage to move between points is safer then using blink.jaunt has insane cooldown, 30s for 450 in a direction is so so bad, its preety much in combad only ability now, used to dodge melee hits and hite up ledges.

and vertical mobility dont matter all that much, since every melee class hits throught walls.so I ask again, where is this good mobility? like thiefs perma swiftness for free? or warriors 15 dashes? this is what GOOD mobility looks like, not teleporting 900 units and waiting 60s to do it again. Only mirage build that has good mobility is power due to sword ambush ( 900 dash every time you have endurance for it )

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I chase people with mirage, trust me, you cant even keep up with repers half the time, they simply outrun you becouse you have no swiftness, you have to steal it or they gonna run.

Illusionary ambush is random, it might as well YEET you throught the wall and a floor and set you behind.staff 2 is good, but its 450 range.blink is good, but its the ONLY stunremoval, using it for mobility impacts mirage more then preety much any other ability, heck using rampage to move between points is safer then using blink.jaunt has insane cooldown, 30s for 450 in a direction is so so bad, its preety much in combad only ability now, used to dodge melee hits and hite up ledges.

and vertical mobility dont matter all that much, since every melee class hits throught walls.so I ask again, where is this good mobility? like thiefs perma swiftness for free? or warriors 15 dashes? this is what GOOD mobility looks like, not teleporting 900 units and waiting 60s to do it again. Only mirage build that has good mobility is power due to sword ambush ( 900 dash every time you have endurance for it )

This game is not running contest, you might wanna put the definition of mobility in the right context.1 phase retreat on forest map and warrior can dash 15 times all he want and will never catch a mesmerChasing is for thieves and revs thats literally roamers job

@Koen.1327 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:1) Condi Mirage2) Rampage sb/core/tactics war3) Reaper/Core necro

This game is not running contest, you might wanna put the definition of mobility in the right context.1 phase retreat on forest map and warrior can dash 15 times all he want and will never catch a mesmerChasing is for thieves and revs thats literally roamers job

mobility is for chasing, running and moving between points.mesmers "mobility" does 1 out of 3. and thus you cant call it good mobility, is it good at disengageing? sure. at chasing? no, moving to objectives? no.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:1) Condi Mirage2) Rampage sb/core/tactics war3) Reaper/Core necro

mobility is for chasing, running and moving between points.mesmers "mobility" does 1 out of 3. and thus you cant call it good mobility, is it good at disengageing? sure. at chasing? no, moving to objectives? no.

Well in the case of moving to objectives, mesmer is still superior due to instant ports. Mesmer will reach close fastest at the start of the game except for thief.On all maps except capricorn maybe mesmer is fastest moving between nodes because they all have vertical obstacles.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

You don't think that Blink, Phase Retreat, Illusionary Ambush and 2x Jaunt counts as good mobility? In terms of vertical mobility, only thief can hope to keep up.and vertical mobility dont matter all that much, since every melee class hits throught walls.

Oh, right, sure, vertical mobility doesn't matter.

That's why thief shortbow is considered the least mobile weapon-set in the game right?

Because Infiltrator's Arrow moves you 900, on a 6s CD (6 initiative = 6s recovery). But simply running in a straight line, without swiftness, will move you 210/s = 1260 every 6 seconds.

Thief officially less mobile than just running in a straight line. That's why everyone knows that thief is the least mobile class.

The fact that it allows you to move vertically isn't important at all. Nope. Nobody wants vertical mobility. Vertical mobility useless.

That's why Support-FB's pick Sword, because of all its awesome healing skills. Not because it allows vertical movement. Nope.

:/

@Ragnar.4257 said:

You don't think that Blink, Phase Retreat, Illusionary Ambush and 2x Jaunt counts as good mobility? In terms of vertical mobility, only thief can hope to keep up.and vertical mobility dont matter all that much, since every melee class hits throught walls.

Oh, right, sure, vertical mobility doesn't matter.

That's why thief shortbow is considered the least mobile weapon-set in the game right?

Because Infiltrator's Arrow moves you 900, on a 6s CD (6 initiative = 6s recovery). But simply running in a straight line, without swiftness, will move you 210/s = 1260 every 6 seconds.

Thief officially less mobile than just running in a straight line. That's why
everyone
knows that thief is the least mobile class.

The fact that it allows you to move vertically isn't important at all. Nope. Nobody wants vertical mobility. Vertical mobility useless.

That's why Support-FB's pick Sword, because of all its awesome healing skills. Not because it allows vertical movement. Nope.

:/

Holly cow you are right, we need to distribute the information instantly. thiefs are known to move around only by the use of shortbow 5, they dont touch any other button whatsoever, and they DEFINITELY dont move while under the effect of swiftness.oh wait, they do, they not only move with swiftness ( that mir doesnt have, but also sb5 ) thats why they are fast as fuck.