New Halloween Shield Collection - bugged?

Worked for me with autoloot, but as others said, make sure you actually are in ghost form. If I'm not mistaken the ghost form disappears if you switch maps for any reason (like a quick trip to the guild hall for vendor services). Also the duration of the ghost form is different for different foods (as mentioned above), and some don't transform you every time you eat it (like the strawberry ghost ... somebody in my party tried to use it but didn't check if they were actually transformed).

Make sure you have the ghostly aura active. Some foods, like the strawberry ghosts, only have a chance to give you the aura so it's not enough just to eat one and get the food buff. Look at your character - if they look like a ghost then it's active, if not then you need to eat more until it is.

@Danikat.8537 said:Make sure you have the ghostly aura active. Some foods, like the strawberry ghosts, only have a chance to give you the aura so it's not enough just to eat one and get the food buff. Look at your character - if they look like a ghost then it's active, if not then you need to eat more until it is.

This. I also got it on first try with autoloot, so I can only assume that people who didn't might have missed that their ghostly form had already expired.

@"cNd.1096" said:I did have food active while the final boss died. I will try with disabling auto loot and see how it goes. Thank you for tips :)One thing I just remembered: The collection step for dungeons (Arah for the shield, AC for the greatsword) didn't register for me until I opened the bouncy chest with the dungeon reward (considerably after the final boss died). This was different from fractals, where the rewards come from the (auto-looted) boss chest instead (and thus the collection step checks automatically if you auto-loot it).

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@"cNd.1096" said:I did have food active while the final boss died. I will try with disabling auto loot and see how it goes. Thank you for tips :)One thing I just remembered: The collection step for dungeons (Arah for the shield, AC for the greatsword) didn't register for me until I opened the bouncy chest with the dungeon reward (considerably after the final boss died). This was different from fractals, where the rewards come from the (auto-looted) boss chest instead (and thus the collection step checks automatically if you auto-loot it).

This was my experience as well. I can't think of anything else that would have caused OP's result . . .