Dear ANet, Can personal merchants get the "banner treatment" ?

Vegeta.2563

Back on March 5th 2019, A patch released which made banners only interactable by the owner.

Banners can now only be picked up by the warrior who summoned them.

Meaning the interact key (F by default), would allow the owner to be able to pick up the banners.. and I was thinking. We have people with Personal Black Lion Merchant, or Personal Black Lion Trading Post, or even the 2 week Golem Banker that no one else can interact with, however people love to drop these on top of things you need to loot (like take Auric Basin meta for example). If having these items switched over to use the same thing the banners are, it would help cut down people trying to do this sort of thing. I do not see a negative part about switching this over as only the user can talk to the npc anyway. The single use versions would still be normal and can be spoken to by anyone.

It would be better to remove those personal NPCs entirely. The Personal Black Lion Merchant should work like the Permanent Portable Provisioner. It opens a shop without spawning an NPC. The Golem Banker should work like the Bank Access Express, giving access to the bank without spawning an NPC. Save the NPCs for the items that allow other players access.

@"Shining One.1635" said:It would be better to remove those personal NPCs entirely. The Personal Black Lion Merchant should work like the Permanent Portable Provisioner. It opens a shop without spawning an NPC. The Golem Banker should work like the Bank Access Express, giving access to the bank without spawning an NPC. Save the NPCs for the items that allow other players access.

That... it should be like this from the start.

@Vegeta.2563 said:Back on March 5th 2019, A patch released which made banners only interactable by the owner.

Banners can now only be picked up by the warrior who summoned them.

Meaning the interact key (F by default), would allow the owner to be able to pick up the banners.. and I was thinking. We have people with Personal Black Lion Merchant, or Personal Black Lion Trading Post, or even the 2 week Golem Banker that no one else can interact with, however people love to drop these on top of things you need to loot (like take Auric Basin meta for example). If having these items switched over to use the same thing the banners are, it would help cut down people trying to do this sort of thing. I do not see a negative part about switching this over as only the user can talk to the npc anyway. The single use versions would still be normal and can be spoken to by anyone.

This! :open_mouth:

@"Shining One.1635" said:It would be better to remove those personal NPCs entirely. The Personal Black Lion Merchant should work like the Permanent Portable Provisioner. It opens a shop without spawning an NPC. The Golem Banker should work like the Bank Access Express, giving access to the bank without spawning an NPC. Save the NPCs for the items that allow other players access.

Some of us have been asking for this for years. Who knows if it'll ever happen.

Nah imo it would be better if all those vendors could be used by other players. But I also see the point of countering trolls. But I still want them to be usable by all people that need that service.

This ^^

@YtseJam.9784 said:I have a similar thread asking to make all the personals invisible, and I would also like the option to have different keys for interacting with nodes and toys that people place, it's getting really old kids putting aviator, bubble head, fun boxes and teleports on chests on meta events.

Hm, i don't know about meta chests, but you can try to use 'Ally Target' hotkeys. I don't do metas much, but when i face problem with banners and stuff placed in one spot, using 'Target Next Ally' allows me to get a target on banners and use them one by one.

@Trinnitty.8256 said:I also get tired of the regular boost banners always having that pop up ugh, please enjoy compliments of our guild yada something.

It would not be so bad if not for the fact that the popup window also prevents interacting with anything else until it is closed. Fortunately it doesn't show up if you already had the buffs it gives unfortunately it still shows up if the banner does nothing due to providing a weaker buff(this can happen if it is the middle of an event area and you are trying to ress someone who just happens to be near where the banner was placed).