Can we just lower the damage of warrior?

The Ace.9105

Just tired of the favor of the gw2 class warrior as first being the completely broken and op hambow and then in hot being the completely op and broken condi berserker and then in pof completely op and broken spellbreaker. I was on a heavy armor class and I was using an amulet with 900 toughness and defensive traitlines and I still get hit like a truck by this sad class. It's easy to play, requires no effort and causes toxic chat messages and makes the pvp super unfun.

900 toughness on a heavy class btwVZ2aPJS.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Poelala said, once you play against better players warriors becomes harder and harder to play. The attacks are telegraphed, the combos predictable. Warrior is one of the professions I like to say "you get out what you put in". If you get rocked by a warrior it's for one of two reasons

1. You need to learn warrior better and how to play against it
  2. The warrior has put in more practice than you and better understands their profession and how to play against yours.
  3. (Bonus) You got +1, but you should die no matter the profession.

Warrior is strong no doubt but in the current meta it's about middle of the pack and fairly well balanced because it is a, believe it or not, player skilled based profession.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:As Poelala said, once you play against better players warriors becomes harder and harder to play. The attacks are telegraphed, the combos predictable. Warrior is one of the professions I like to say "you get out what you put in". If you get rocked by a warrior it's for one of two reasons

2. The warrior has put in more practice than you and better understands their profession and how to play against yours.

Warrior is strong no doubt but in the current meta it's about middle of the pack and fairly well balanced because it is a, believe it or not, player skilled based profession.

I have over 10k matches played tyvm. Don't go off-topic.

reaper says hi, btw it has speed rune and flesh wurm and spectral walk, complaining about rush and not 14k axe2impressive.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WrongYawningOwlBrainSlug

"It's easy to play, requires no effort and causes toxic chat messages and makes the pvp super unfun."Feel free to post a game of you on warrior to demonstrate how simple it is.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@"Zexanima.7851" said:As Poelala said, once you play against better players warriors becomes harder and harder to play. The attacks are telegraphed, the combos predictable. Warrior is one of the professions I like to say "you get out what you put in". If you get rocked by a warrior it's for one of two reasons

I have over 10k matches played tyvm. Don't go off-topic.

What is your point? Someone can play 100k matches and still have no idea how this game works if they don't learn from mistakes. I was addressing your point of saying warrior is OP when it's not and telling you why so I was very on topic tyvm.

@"The Ace.9105" said:it requires no effortI have over 10k matches playedVZ2aPJS.png

Imagine getting hit by rush and having a problem with the fact that it hit you for 4k, while simultaneously claiming the class that hit you for 4k with a heavily telegraphed move is low effort.

Dodging is low effort too lmao

The only thing that would make this better is if you played Herald.

@The Ace.9105 said:Just tired of the favor of the gw2 class warrior as first being the completely broken and op hambow and then in hot being the completely op and broken condi berserker and then in pof completely op and broken spellbreaker. I was on a heavy armor class and I was using an amulet with 900 toughness and defensive traitlines and I still get hit like a truck by this sad class. It's easy to play, requires no effort and causes toxic chat messages and makes the pvp super unfun.

900 toughness on a heavy class btwVZ2aPJS.png__@The Ace.9105 said:

I have over 10k matches played tyvm. Don't go off-topic.__@"Zexanima.7851" said:As Poelala said, once you play against better players warriors becomes harder and harder to play. The attacks are telegraphed, the combos predictable. Warrior is one of the professions I like to say "you get out what you put in". If you get rocked by a warrior it's for one of two reasons

There is also something important to point out here that I think has been overlooked.

"900 toughness on a heavy class btw" when 1000 Toughness is the baseline number in sPvP for quite literally every class, and this is without any Amulet equipped.

So Ace, you say you have over 10k Matches played...but you are apparently under the impression that 900 Toughness is, by my understanding of your wording, "a lot".

As Zexanima said, you might want to consider other things you are or aren't doing or might not be quite aware of. Keep your britches on, though, as Cal has stated that they are looking to trim damage (and healing) back quite a bit for every class, hopefully, for the upcoming big balance patch slated for Q1 of this year. Warrior doesn't really hit any harder than literally anything else in the game right now, you just got killed...and are a little salty. At least thats my interpretation of the progression of events leading up to your post.

@KryTiKaL.3125i think u need to read his post again. he is using an amulet with 900 toughness, so with class toughness that would put him at 1900 toughness and around 3k armor. which is alot, then add whatever defensive traits his given class is running and u would begin to see the problem.

im in the same ballpark as OP, warrior got a plethora of damage traits, ez acces to 25 might and well over 3k power when they are going full ham with buffs etc. thats far above what other classes can pull off in terms of dmg output.

so yea, looking forward to the Q1 patch to nerf the numbers across the board, that way ppl wont get 2 shot by passive mechanics

@"Vicariuz.1605" said:reaper says hi, btw it has speed rune and flesh wurm and spectral walk, complaining about rush and not 14k axe2impressive.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WrongYawningOwlBrainSlug

"It's easy to play, requires no effort and causes toxic chat messages and makes the pvp super unfun."Feel free to post a game of you on warrior to demonstrate how simple it is.

Because it cant block immune your attacks and is very very easy to shut down.

I could record tons of footage of how stupid warrior damage is and explain the matchup where if you get hit once vs the warrior you are just dead even with it's "telegraphed" animations (which btw get faster and slower with quickness/slow and get hit once and say bye) while the warrior just runs around dodging with attacks that crit you for 7-10k with 25 might and 4k without might. Dodging the matchup is also impossible in a long run since if you do the math the warrior has a cc skill on the meta build every 3s in combat and that's just cc skills without the other high hitting skills so you'd have to dodge more. The build works pretty decently against any other class so that you don't just get 1 shotted by stuff but if there's a warrior in the team fight and it hits you you are done for like in the picture.

But, this thread is not about how stupid warrior is. Stupid also doesn't mean that it's op in a 5v5 setting.

This thread is about how no class should hit casual skills like rush 4.3k and dodge rolls 2.5k (the trait is a joke) to a heavy armor class with 900 toughness and defensive traits.

@Hederrain.9207 said:@"KryTiKaL.3125"i think u need to read his post again. he is using an amulet with 900 toughness, so with class toughness that would put him at 1900 toughness and around 3k armor. which is alot, then add whatever defensive traits his given class is running and u would begin to see the problem.

im in the same ballpark as OP, warrior got a plethora of damage traits, ez acces to 25 might and well over 3k power when they are going full ham with buffs etc. thats far above what other classes can pull off in terms of dmg output.

so yea, looking forward to the Q1 patch to nerf the numbers across the board, that way ppl wont get 2 shot by passive mechanics

Thats fair, Rabid Amulet is the only Amulet that gives 900 Toughness. I've just never seen someone say "I have 900 Toughness" in reference to their stats. They give more exact numbers like actually saying "I have 1900 Toughness". Also thats a more recent development due to Tactics, and Spellbreaker was nearly capable of the same for a while with Magebane, pairing that with their damage traits yeah they deal damage.

As I said, though, they don't hit much harder than near every other class in the game. Don't forget, Herald has been maintaining 20+ Might while in combat for much longer period of time, Soulbeast has a near permanent boost to stats while they remain in Beast Mode, and so on and so on. Every class is overloaded with boons and its contributed the most to the power creep in the game, so I think its a little silly to try and single out Warrior, Tactics Warrior/Spellbreaker specifically mind you, among all of the other nonsense in the game and say "Oh, yeah, that is the problem."

@"The Ace.9105" said:I could record tons of footage of how stupid warrior damage is and explain the matchup where if you get hit once vs the warrior you are just dead even with it's "telegraphed" animations (which btw get faster and slower with quickness/slow and get hit once and say bye) while the warrior just runs around dodging with attacks that crit you for 7-10k with 25 might and 4k without might. Dodging the matchup is also impossible in a long run since if you do the math the warrior has a cc skill on the meta build every 3s in combat and that's just cc skills without the other high hitting skills so you'd have to dodge more. The build works pretty decently against any other class so that you don't just get 1 shotted by stuff but if there's a warrior in the team fight and it hits you you are done for like in the picture.

But, this thread is not about how stupid warrior is. Stupid also doesn't mean that it's op in a 5v5 setting.

This thread is about how no class should hit casual skills like rush 4.3k and dodge rolls 2.5k (the trait is a joke) to a heavy armor class with 900 toughness and defensive traits.

What class are you playing as specifically?

Regardless, getting hit once by a Warrior won't kill you, it'll hurt for sure but again...how is that different from Soulbeast? Power Mirage/Mesmer? Deadeye? Daredevil? Core thief? Herald? Dragonhunter? Core Guard? Holosmith? Reaper? Weaver? I could keep going. Again, near every class is no different so Warrior isn't singularly some outlying circumstance, its par for the course. I'm not saying Warrior doesn't hit hard, it just doesn't hit any harder than anything else being used. To imply otherwise is taking much too narrow of a perspective of the larger picture.

Also, how does one define a "casual skill"? Frequency of usage? Cooldown length? Damage? Number of effects? How its used?

@"The Ace.9105" said:I could record tons of footage of how stupid warrior damage is and explain the matchup where if you get hit once vs the warrior you are just dead even with it's "telegraphed" animations (which btw get faster and slower with quickness/slow and get hit once and say bye) while the warrior just runs around dodging with attacks that crit you for 7-10k with 25 might and 4k without might. Dodging the matchup is also impossible in a long run since if you do the math the warrior has a cc skill on the meta build every 3s in combat and that's just cc skills without the other high hitting skills so you'd have to dodge more. The build works pretty decently against any other class so that you don't just get 1 shotted by stuff but if there's a warrior in the team fight and it hits you you are done for like in the picture.

How are you going to dismiss attacks being telegraphed? That's like dismissing sound cues as useless. I'm sorry man but if you are getting pegged by rush then idk what to tell you. Just because you're heavy armor doesn't mean your tanky. Warriors can build squishy, ele can build tanky. It's all due to traits and stats.

Tbh with warrior i would only adjust might stack generation and durations and change reckless not to be able to crit so dodging does not do 4-5k.Oh Also make Dagger leaps a bit easier to tell which is which without having to squint violently during combat.

I think nearly everything else is either very solid as is or super balanced and people dont use balanced tools right now in this meta.A 4.5k rush is honestly on the low end of damage ive been hit with 9k rush hits before without warriors being ramped up to max stacks of might.

Warrior gs skills should hurt if they hit though.. i would say losing 3-4k hp from something as telegraphed as rush is fair. getting hit for 9-10k from rush is a bit silly though. That can be near a 1 shot for a few professions.

With warrior the biggest balancing act is probably just getting the self might generation balanced properly.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Tbh with warrior i would only adjust might stack generation and durations and change reckless not to be able to crit so dodging does not do 4-5k.Oh Also make Dagger leaps a bit easier to tell which is which without having to squint violently during combat.

I think nearly everything else is either very solid as is or super balanced and people dont use balanced tools right now in this meta.A 4.5k rush is honestly on the low end of damage ive been hit with 9k rush hits before without warriors being ramped up to max stacks of might.

Warrior gs skills should hurt if they hit though.. i would say losing 3-4k hp from something as telegraphed as rush is fair. getting hit for 9-10k from rush is a bit silly though. That can be near a 1 shot for a few professions.

With warrior the biggest balancing act is probably just getting the self might generation balanced properly.

As things stand now they kind of need it to stay relevant though. I hope they nerf it with the Q1 change to something like 1/2 what it is now. They should only average like 10-ish stacks at any one time with the occasional short spikes of maybe 20.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

How are you going to dismiss attacks being telegraphed? That's like dismissing sound cues as useless. I'm sorry man but if you are getting pegged by rush then idk what to tell you. Just because you're heavy armor doesn't mean your tanky. Warriors can build squishy, ele can build tanky. It's all due to traits and stats.

On warrior before full counter nerf there was no frames to deal damage to warrior and fc got nerfed a bit. The fact that there's still a pretty tiny window to do anything against a warrior remains. By casual skills I mean skills that are not really different/flashy special skills that are meant to do huge damage and you can use pretty frequently like throw axe and rush.

Again, not complaining about skills in general, what I am talking about is the damage being too high on warrior.

@ZDragon.3046 said:Tbh with warrior i would only adjust might stack generation and durations and change reckless not to be able to crit so dodging does not do 4-5k.Oh Also make Dagger leaps a bit easier to tell which is which without having to squint violently during combat.

They likely won't tweak that, though, as it seems ANet wants to keep the current environment in which boons are accessible; which is to say boons across the board are very accessible and abundant, maybe too much. However thats why they are going the route of trimming down damage and healing as the accessibility to boons like Might, Fury, etc paired with any % damage increases from traits has just exacerbated and progressively increased damage over the years. It started in HoT but it wasn't that bad, however PoF very easily pushed it over the edge and the introduction of the newer stats that they have added progressively through updates hasn't helped either.

That rush would have probably hit me for 10k if i didn't have 900 toughness amulet.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:I could record tons of footage of how stupid warrior damage is and explain the matchup where if you get hit once vs the warrior you are just dead even with it's "telegraphed" animations (which btw get faster and slower with quickness/slow and get hit once and say bye) while the warrior just runs around dodging with attacks that crit you for 7-10k with 25 might and 4k without might. Dodging the matchup is also impossible in a long run since if you do the math the warrior has a cc skill on the meta build every 3s in combat and that's just cc skills without the other high hitting skills so you'd have to dodge more. The build works pretty decently against any other class so that you don't just get 1 shotted by stuff but if there's a warrior in the team fight and it hits you you are done for like in the picture.

On warrior before full counter nerf there was no frames to deal damage to warrior and fc got nerfed a bit. The fact that there's still a pretty tiny window to do anything against a warrior remains. By casual skills I mean skills that are not really different/flashy special skills that are meant to do huge damage and you can use pretty frequently like throw axe and rush.

Again, not complaining about skills in general, what I am talking about is the damage being too high on warrior.

Likely a double post on my part, apologies.

And like I've repeatedly said, Warrior damage isn't any more "heinous" than near every other class in the game. It really isn't.

Oh and by your definition of "casual skills" technically every Warrior skill is "casual" by that standard, which is really anything from the Core set of weapons and utilities for the class.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@"Vicariuz.1605" said:reaper says hi, btw it has speed rune and flesh wurm and spectral walk, complaining about rush and not 14k axe2impressive.

Because it cant block immune your attacks and is very very easy to shut down.

there are plenty of block piercing skills in the game, and warrior is also easily shut down, blind, block, weakness, invulns, evade frames, etc.

warrior is beaten by playing the match up smarter and not allowing urself to greed.

reaper avoids ur attacks by using speed runes, ports, and positioning, along with ample chill and corrupts. people just dont like the idea that they have to actually play the match up against warriors.

@The Ace.9105 said:

@The Ace.9105 said:I could record tons of footage of how stupid warrior damage is and explain the matchup where if you get hit once vs the warrior you are just dead even with it's "telegraphed" animations (which btw get faster and slower with quickness/slow and get hit once and say bye) while the warrior just runs around dodging with attacks that crit you for 7-10k with 25 might and 4k without might. Dodging the matchup is also impossible in a long run since if you do the math the warrior has a cc skill on the meta build every 3s in combat and that's just cc skills without the other high hitting skills so you'd have to dodge more. The build works pretty decently against any other class so that you don't just get 1 shotted by stuff but if there's a warrior in the team fight and it hits you you are done for like in the picture.

Damage on warrior is about average, really. With Core guardian, Binding Blade + JI + smite condition, hits hella hard and it's on teleport with no telegraph.