Path of Fire Art Style is breathtaking!

Nyel.1843

Two weeks after its release I finally had the chance to set foot into Amnoon and the Crystal Desert and I really don't have any words for it that would describe my feeling properly: this must be the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen in any MMORPG (and I played a lot). The "Egyptian flair", the art style, it's simply breathtaking. Encountering the gigantic pyramids when you enter the zone first on your air ship is one of the finest moments I've ever had in any MMORPG since I started playing them back in 2005 with Guild Wars Prophecies.

I just wanted to say thank you ArenaNet for creating this immersive, gorgeous and enticing expansion. I haven't seen that much yet but what I've seen is beyond beautiful.

I have to agree, the artwork is top notch.. not only that the animations of both mounts and mobs like Hydra's is real fun.Quite possibly some of the best I've seen in many, many years gaming.Just a shame all the bugs that seem to plague every update they put out tarnishes what is actually a pretty damnn fine expansion not only from an artwork point of view.

It does look wonderful. Especially in 3rd person. I'm into detailed textures and I've noticed in 1st person some of the textures a few meters away are not as sharp as in 3rd person. I'm not referring to things less than half a meter away because even in 3rd person the textures can get a little blurry as in most pc games when very close up like that. I'm talking about a few meters away, let's say 2 to 4 meters. Beyond that it's nice and sharp in 1st and 3rd person.

@OrbitalButt.5708 said:It's nice but "breathtaking" is not a word I would use to describe an electronic beep boop entertainment product ages teen and up

Well, this is art for me. Some like paintings in Museums, I love video gaming art. And Guild Wars 2 has some of the best and just proofed it again in Path of Fire. The flair and the feeling are perfectly described through ANets art style and artistry.

It's pretty. I like the sky a lot. But it's not really AMAZING. Like, I'm not taking a lot of screenshots.Except of the sky.The mounts are very well-done, too. I will agree with that.The style is good. I like a lot of the elements. But, meh. I think it's more me than them, though. I'm getting more picky than I used to be for what "wows" me in a video game, graphics-wise.

The thing is, the models/mobs/etc in GW is nothing super detailed but god damn if the design isnt amazing. The graphics engine combined with the art make some scenery look like bloody paintings. As an example, the crystal mine pit in that second zone confuse my eyes every time I look at it.

@paintpixie.7398 said:It's pretty. I like the sky a lot. But it's not really AMAZING. Like, I'm not taking a lot of screenshots.Except of the sky.The mounts are very well-done, too. I will agree with that.The style is good. I like a lot of the elements. But, meh. I think it's more me than them, though. I'm getting more picky than I used to be for what "wows" me in a video game, graphics-wise.

So the Intro to PoF where you see the gigantic Pyramids or the first time you enter Amnoon don't make you wow? Well, they didn't make me wow either because I've been speechless when I first saw that.

@Nyel.1843 said:

@paintpixie.7398 said:It's pretty. I like the sky a lot. But it's not really AMAZING. Like, I'm not taking a lot of screenshots.Except of the sky.The mounts are very well-done, too. I will agree with that.The style is good. I like a lot of the elements. But, meh. I think it's more me than them, though. I'm getting more picky than I used to be for what "wows" me in a video game, graphics-wise.

So the Intro to PoF where you see the gigantic Pyramids or the first time you enter Amnoon don't make you wow? Well, they didn't make me wow either because I've been speechless when I first saw that.

No.Like I said, it takes more to wow me these days.Don't get me wrong, I was very excited about the expansion. In the intro, I was more excited to play the game, and hardly noticed the graphics at all, honestly. They just looked like standard GW2-style graphics to me, only with a desert theme. It's pretty, but not AMAZING (in my opinion).I like the castle in the sky in Desert Highlands. If you want an example of something that "wowed" me, that's it.

Archived