So 2v2 is cool but

Shadow Dragon.1469

Are you really telling me with the reduced player amount per match you still can’t guarantee or close to it the ability to not have solos fight duos? Like common I don’t mind duos being in it it’s perfect for them but there should be a healthy amount of both now since the mm only has to accommodate 4 people instead of 10..... duos vs duos solos vs solos smh

Or have reduced rating loss/ more rating gain as soloq.

Duo queue in 5v5 can, in an ideal world, be balanced by the other team's duos and higher/lower rating soloq players on each team. But in 2v2 the advantage from duo queuing is much greater because there aren't these counterweights.

You can just find a Duo if you think they have that much of an advantage. Thats what i did last night and today, but even so when i solo queue i have beaten duo queues many times its really a matter of skill to few people are involved to call it coordination you can do that with just "attack my target" targeting.

Your losing because of you and no one else learn to pvp man.

@"Genesis.5169" said:You can just find a Duo if you think they have that much of an advantage. Thats what i did last night and today, but even so when i solo queue i have beaten duo queues many times its really a matter of skill to few people are involved to call it coordination you can do that with just "attack my target" targeting.

That's anecdotal and doesn't really address the issue, which is pretty clear. Having a duo of classes that compliment each other is a much greater advantage in 2v2 than it is in 5v5, even if all other factors are equal. They really shouldn't allow duo and solo queue to mix in 2v2.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"Genesis.5169" said:You can just find a Duo if you think they have that much of an advantage. Thats what i did last night and today, but even so when i solo queue i have beaten duo queues many times its really a matter of skill to few people are involved to call it coordination you can do that with just "attack my target" targeting.

That's anecdotal and doesn't really address the issue, which is pretty clear. Having a duo of classes that compliment each other is a much greater advantage in 2v2 than it is in 5v5, even if all other factors are equal. They really shouldn't allow duo and solo queue to mix in 2v2.

There's no issue to address thats the point of my post.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:You can just find a Duo if you think they have that much of an advantage. Thats what i did last night and today, but even so when i solo queue i have beaten duo queues many times its really a matter of skill to few people are involved to call it coordination you can do that with just "attack my target" targeting.

That it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You tacitly admit that it does, in fact. I guess my question would be why would you be against improving the competitiveness of 2v2 matchmaking?

@Genesis.5169 said:You can just find a Duo if you think they have that much of an advantage. Thats what i did last night and today, but even so when i solo queue i have beaten duo queues many times its really a matter of skill to few people are involved to call it coordination you can do that with just "attack my target" targeting.

That it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You tacitly admit that it does, in fact. I guess my question would be why would you be against improving the competitiveness of 2v2 matchmaking?

It does not exist because it doesn't coordination between 2 people on a small map which only objective is to kill the enemy can be done easily with "Attack my Target". This is a fact if your being beaten its because they are better then you not because they are in a duo.

@Genesis.5169 said:

It does not exist because it doesn't coordination between 2 people on a small map which only objective is to kill the enemy can be done easily with "Attack my Target". This is a fact if your being beaten its because they are better then you not because they are in a duo.

Yeah, right. You just focus target and the other team loses. Flawless logic!

And synergy? What's that? Choosing classes at random will totally be the 2v2 meta. Just wait and see!

Seriously, guy?

And synergy? What's that? Choosing classes at random will totally be the 2v2 meta. Just wait and see!

Seriously, guy?

Synergy is a different matter altogether thats on you if you would rather be with a specific class you have the option to do so. Your argument is about unbalanced gameplay not match ups they will never be equal unless its a mirror and even then its not equal because player skill is involved. As i said this is a non issue.

And out of curiosity if you care enough to come to the forums and complain about duos and how strong they are why have you not looked for a partner its not very hard to find one, and you only need one unlike 5 in a regular mode. The barrier to entry to make your own overpowered (sarcasm, premades are not overpowered) premade is quite small whats stopping you?

Idk why u don’t find a partner, just whisper ppl!It’s more fun with a partner anyway! I love and enjoy the new game mode soo much, the only problem: I wish I had more time to play lolI also lost against two randoms as duo queue, u are not invincible ...But most teams I get matched up against are duo queue anyways

@Tayga.3192 said:

@lare.5129 said:I think duo queue should be removed from 2 vs 2

Nah I don't want to be carried by lucky queue or carry a unlucky queue.

@Serenity.6304 said:Idk why u don’t find a partner, just whisper ppl!FFA arena is like a duo partner recruitment spot nowadays. Idk how people still solo queue.

Exactly :D or u can solo queue and if u get matched up against good players or with them u could ask them to queue together. Worst thing that can happen is they say no lol

@Genesis.5169 said:

Seriously, guy?

Synergy is a different matter altogether thats on you if you would rather be with a specific class you have the option to do so. Your argument is about unbalanced gameplay not match ups they will ever be equal unless its a mirror and even then its not equal because player skill is involved. As i said this is a non issue.

And out of curiosity if you care enough to come to the forums and complain about duos and how strong they are why have you not looked for a partner its not very hard to find one, and you only need one unlike 5 in a regular mode. The barrier to entry to make your own overpowered (sarcasm, premades are not overpowered) premade is quite small whats stopping you?

I didn't come to the forums to complain about anything. You have me confused with someone else. I simply observed that the OP has a point and that duo queue is an advantage over solo queue. You don't seem to want to address that point directly. I don't blame you. It's a losing argument. I think the better reason to keep it the way it is is that splitting the pool of players in queue isn't feasible with a population that is too small to begin with.

Otherwise, it's sort of a no-brainer, isn't it? A level playing field is better for competition than an un-level one. Wouldn't you agree? Or are you just going to barf up this same tired response that basically amounts to "git gud" as if I were complaining about anything? Based on recent history, I think I already know the answer...

Nah I don't want to be carried by lucky queue or carry a unlucky queue.I rethink about " removing duo queue."ok, anyway compatible wiiht proper builds will be more powerful, so they go up, to gold or platinum, to play whit another duo, as for me I get join solo with anthers randoms and we play with same players .. So if mmr works we will play on separate works, and I don't care if someone more and more skilled in duo join to play wiht another skilled duo

Seriously, guy?

Synergy is a different matter altogether thats on you if you would rather be with a specific class you have the option to do so. Your argument is about unbalanced gameplay not match ups they will ever be equal unless its a mirror and even then its not equal because player skill is involved. As i said this is a non issue.

I didn't come to the forums to complain about anything. You have me confused with someone else. I simply observed that the OP has a point and that duo queue is an advantage over solo queue. You don't seem to want to address that point directly. I don't blame you. It's a losing argument. I think the better reason to keep it the way it is is that splitting the pool of players in queue isn't feasible with a population that is too small to begin with.

Otherwise, it's sort of a no-brainer, isn't it? A level playing field is better for competition than an un-level one. Wouldn't you agree? Or are you just going to barf up this same tired response that basically amounts to "git gud" as if I were complaining about anything? Based on recent history, I think I already know the answer...

Thats what you have done and you are currently doing. There's no such thing as a leveled playing field in pvp. Your attempt to make one will destroy pvp as people like you did before after 7 years you still haven't learned your lesson you would rather come here and complain and remove features out of the game then rather learn it and adapt. And you've ignored my second question.

So your advocating to remove duos out of the regular queue because you don't want to duo even tho you think its OP even if its not, so instead of making your own duo you and people like you come and and complain that you lost to better players and make excuses for you loss. Its a no Brainer, you think duos are that OP make one if you issue is with specficly being with one class find a guy who plays it and play it.

Your silver BECAUSE OF YOU no one is forcing you to play a solo no one is forcing you to play a trash class, they killed mirage you know what i did? I played it for 3 days tried to make it work and left the class. What you should do is try making your own duo instead of coming here to ruin pvp again. Then you will realize having a duo doesnt get your wins having good players does.

just because you get a duo doesn't mean you will move up in rank.

And here a hypothetical for you you think 2 plat randoms on the same team can beat 2 duo silvers?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:Gene your argument is flawed. Just whispering a dude in mist going wanna duo for a few matches then picking diff guy to duo an hour later is different then having a buddy who you spec to compliment with and duo only with him. Sure if I grab a random guy to duo que just for the sake of I'm a duo now every day I will still lose to solo's. So just saying duo yourself is flawed. You mean find 1 dude to duo forever and spec to compliment is not super easy or wanted by a solo player. I don't see why you are arguing with evening the playing field when we a stuck with this as only ranked option atm. Some people just want to solo que vs solo que but no duo wants to only go vs duo que only and the reason is obvious. They don't want to see their w/l rate go down

All my duo partners were randoms till i played with them after 10 games.I went out and looked for some one what complimented my profession.My first partner in solo queue whispered me and we played 6 games together, my seconds i found myself and we played 10 games together i had no idea if he was or or bad in both situtation's i made the attempt to make a team and it worked out.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:2 plat rando vs 2 silvers. I didn't even see that nonsense. Wow don't reply plz to my prior comment. I just can't

You should answer the question as you will realize skill matters before anything else in a game mode thats facing other players not AI you can't nerf your way to prominence here unlike in pve its not scripted every encounter is gonna be different skill levels will vary and you will lose to better players duo or not.

And yeah i know you just can't, you just can't make a party, get better at pvp, just cant get any wins so you come here to remove feature and section of the community again hoping that some how you'll get your ranks that way.

If you want to duo queue then you should only fight other duo queue, the only people ever to argue against this are people who do duo queue for the sole reason of owning two random queue people because of their class synergy/communication advantage. These are the people who are not looking for close fights or any form of competition and just want to squash non-duos with impunity.

@Genesis.5169 said:You should answer the question as you will realize skill matters before anything else in a game mode thats facing other players not AIYou realize that in GW2, the build is a much bigger factor than individual skill, right?

@kratan.4619 said:If you want to duo queue then you should only fight other duo queue, the only people ever to argue against this are people who do duo queue for the sole reason of owning two random queue people because of their class synergy/communication advantage. These are the people who are not looking for close fights or any form of competition and just want to squash non-duos with impunity.There also are those people who simply don't want to fragment the pvp playerbase any further.Having separate queues for solos and duos will be detrimental to the playerbase on both sides.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:You should answer the question as you will realize skill matters before anything else in a game mode thats facing other players not AIYou realize that in GW2, the build is a much bigger factor than individual skill, right?

No i don't realize this because the mechanics of pvp is not a point an click MMO were all your skills auto target. Application of your skills is almost 100% skill based. And there it is again finding excuses outside yourself for loses or some one elses wins.