Name 1 thing about every class you would nerf

Rickster.8752

Aim = add skill back to the game and reduce passive spam

Necro - Unholy Sanctuary now has a 300 second icd (passive trait)Thief - Feline Grace now has a 15s icd (passive boons for nothing)Mesmer - Magic bullet now only applies 1 stack of confusion (overloaded skill - stun and condis is too much)Ranger - Remove vulnerability application from maul (overloaded skill - already does a ton of dps)Rev - Fiendish tenacity and Demonic defiance both have a 20s icd (passive stuff)Firebrand - Blazing edge no longer provides burning and Stoic Demeanor now longer gives slow (passive stuff and overloaded skill)Engi - Invigorating speed icd made 30 seconds (passive boons)Warrior - Whirlwind attack now has a 15s cooldown (evade spam needs to stop)Ele - Elemental attunement - reduce might to 3s, reduce prot to 3s, reduce swiftness to 5s, reduce regen to 3s (stop passive boon spam)

What would your 1 nerf for every class be? If these changes happened the game would be a lot more skill-based. Every class has OP aspects that need to be changed - often passive buffs.

I would not nerf traits like invigorating speed or Elemental attunement. Neither core engi nor core ele are even close to problematic in PvP, yet they see repeated nerfs due to Holo and Weaver overperforming.

If holo needed a nerf (which it doesn't now in my opinion. Holo has been toned down a lot), the first thing I would look at is increasing the cooldown of holo leap from 2 seconds to 3. It does not seem like much, but that is a 33% reduction to mobility while in forge.

For weaver, which I also do not think needs a nerf in its current state, the first thing I would nerf is their barrier application. Weaver sustain isn't actually that high. It is their sustain coupled with barrier spam that makes them so bunkery.

Every other class:

Ranger - Maul is fine. Pets hit too hard. I would give them the same power reduction treatment that classes got.

Necro - A clear overperformer right now. Unholy Sancturary going to 300 seconds pending a trait rework is a good place to start. It's hard enough to kill them without this safety net kicking in.

Revenant - Call to Anguish range reduced. It has the same issue that Holographic shockwave did where you'll accidentally CC people other than your intended target because the radius is so big.

Firebrand - Not sure how I'd tone them down. Some have suggested removing a weapon. Others suggest removing tomes, but I prefer nerfs that tone classes down without dumbing them down.

Mesmer - Not in desperate need of a nerf right now. If i had to nerf something, I'd hit the daze mantra. It's an instant cast daze with zero counterplay. Reduce the daze durration to 1/4 seconds so it still sees use as an way to interrupt big casts like heal skills, but isn't so oppressive when mindlessly spammed on a focus target.

Sneaky sneaks - Not currently in need of nerfs, but if I had to pick something, I agree with nerfing their evasion a bit.

Warrior - I never play the warrior class in mmos because I find them boring. Not even sure what they do tbh, so I don't know what I'd nerf.

@Kuma.1503 said:I would not nerf traits like invigorating speed or Elemental attunement. Neither core engi nor core ele are even close to problematic in PvP, yet they see repeated nerfs due to Holo and Weaver overperforming.

If holo needed a nerf (which it doesn't now in my opinion. Holo has been toned down a lot), the first thing I would look at is increasing the cooldown of holo leap from 2 seconds to 3. It does not seem like much, but that is a 33% reduction to mobility while in forge.

For weaver, which I also do not think needs a nerf in its current state, the first thing I would nerf is their barrier application. Weaver sustain isn't actually that high. It is their sustain coupled with barrier spam that makes them so bunkery.

Every other class:

Ranger - Maul is fine. Pets hit too hard. I would give them the same power reduction treatment that classes got.

Necro - A clear overperformer right now. Unholy Sancturary going to 300 seconds pending a trait rework is a good place to start. It's hard enough to kill them without this safety net kicking in.

Revenant - Call to Anguish range reduced. It has the same issue that Holographic shockwave did where you'll accidentally CC people other than your intended target because the radius is so big.

Firebrand - Not sure how I'd tone them down. Some have suggested removing a weapon. Others suggest removing tomes, but I prefer nerfs that tone classes down without dumbing them down.

Mesmer - Not in desperate need of a nerf right now. If i had to nerf something, I'd hit the daze mantra. It's an instant cast daze with zero counterplay. Reduce the daze durration to 1/4 seconds so it still sees use as an way to interrupt big casts like heal skills, but isn't so oppressive when mindlessly spammed on a focus target.

Sneaky sneaks - Not currently in need of nerfs, but if I had to pick something, I agree with nerfing their evasion a bit.

Warrior - I never play the warrior class in mmos because I find them boring. Not even sure what they do tbh, so I don't know what I'd nerf.

Good comment. I personally think all classes need nerfs. The better classes can just be nerfed in more ways.

Warrior: Greatsword burst skill should do its damage in stages (1 adrenaline does less damage than 2 adrenaline and so on).Guardian: "Save Yourselves!" draws conditions, applies resistance for 1.25 seconds and rest of the boons for 3 seconds (might and regeneration are still 10 seconds). 40 seconds cooldown.Revenant: Either Fiendish Tenacity or Demonic Defiance (preferably both) need at the very least 33% nerf.

Ranger: Pet coefficients should be lowered (not exactly one nerf but this is necessary).Thief: Initiative should replenish one point every 1.25 seconds naturally.Engineer: Nothing stands out, except for Purity of Purpose. Slap it a 5 sec icd and we are good to go.

Necromancer: Shroud save on death should have 300 seconds cooldown.Elementalist: Elite specs are pretty ok right now. If anything, buff core utilities a bit lol.Mesmer: Arcane Thievery should either have its quickness removed or have its cooldown increased to 30 seconds.

@Rickster.8752 said:Aim = add skill back to the game and reduce passive spam

Necro - Unholy Sanctuary now has a 300 second icd (passive trait)Thief - Feline Grace now has a 15s icd (passive boons for nothing)Mesmer - Magic bullet now only applies 1 stack of confusion (overloaded skill - stun and condis is too much)Ranger - Remove vulnerability application from maul (overloaded skill - already does a ton of dps)Rev - Fiendish tenacity and Demonic defiance both have a 20s icd (passive stuff)Firebrand - Blazing edge no longer provides burning and Stoic Demeanor now longer gives slow (passive stuff and overloaded skill)Engi - Invigorating speed icd made 30 seconds (passive boons)Warrior - Whirlwind attack now has a 15s cooldown (evade spam needs to stop)Ele - Elemental attunement - reduce might to 3s, reduce prot to 3s, reduce swiftness to 5s, reduce regen to 3s (stop passive boon spam)

What would your 1 nerf for every class be? If these changes happened the game would be a lot more skill-based. Every class has OP aspects that need to be changed - often passive buffs.

what is skill based, if you cut the single thing wich keeps mallyx alive in all condi situation ... rev HAS WEAKEST CONDICLEANSEpunishing for all teefs and mesma if revealed is as long as stealth before or killing ranger pet to stay deador let holo get 20 sec cd on holo mode .... plz stay a bit real for nerf wishes like nerfs for a skill or a complete class mechanic

traits only

weaver - woven stride (condi immunity is dumb)spellbreaker - attackers insight (passive stats are dumb)soulbeast - fresh reinforcement (doubling might is dumb)reaper - reapers onslaught (quickness spam is dumb)guard/ zeal - symbolic power (burn spam is dumb)daredevil - escapists fortitude (1sec cd condi remove is dumb)engi - idk lolmes - auspicious anguish (needs icd, or its dumb)rev - draconic echo (wvw, boon spam is dumb)

@"Tayga.3192" said:Warrior: Greatsword burst skill should do its damage in stages (1 adrenaline does less damage than 2 adrenaline and so on).Guardian: "Save Yourselves!" draws conditions, applies resistance for 1.25 seconds and rest of the boons for 3 seconds (might and regeneration are still 10 seconds). 40 seconds cooldown.Revenant: Either Fiendish Tenacity or Demonic Defiance (preferably both) need at the very least 33% nerf.

Ranger: Pet coefficients should be lowered (not exactly one nerf but this is necessary).Thief: Initiative should replenish one point every 1.25 seconds naturally.Engineer: Nothing stands out, except for Purity of Purpose. Slap it a 5 sec icd and we are good to go.

Necromancer: Shroud save on death should have 300 seconds cooldown.Elementalist: Elite specs are pretty ok right now. If anything, buff core utilities a bit lol.Mesmer: Arcane Thievery should either have its quickness removed or have its cooldown increased to 30 seconds.

Uh, just FYI, that thief thing is actually a massive buff. It currently regenerates at one point every 1.67 seconds. Youd make the regeneration much faster.

@Arkantos.7460 said:

@"Rickster.8752" said:Aim = add skill back to the game and reduce passive spam

what is skill based, if you cut the single thing wich keeps mallyx alive in all condi situation ... rev HAS WEAKEST CONDICLEANSEpunishing for all teefs and mesma if revealed is as long as stealth before or killing ranger pet to stay deador let holo get 20 sec cd on holo mode .... plz stay a bit real for nerf wishes like nerfs for a skill or a complete class mechanic

Skill based is not passive procs like "O look I used a skill and got 5 random boons passively from traits"

@UNOwen.7132 said:Uh, just FYI, that thief thing is actually a massive buff. It currently regenerates at one point every 1.67 seconds. Youd make the regeneration much faster.

I got the number from wiki. If it really regenerates every 1.67 seconds then I would just remove maleficent seven's defensive boons. 15s swiftness, 10 might for 6 seconds and 10 seconds of fury is plenty.My reason is that damage is lower so generating malice is way more safe now.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Uh, just FYI, that thief thing is actually a massive buff. It currently regenerates at one point every 1.67 seconds. Youd make the regeneration
much
faster.

I got the number from wiki. If it really regenerates every 1.67 seconds then I would just remove maleficent seven's defensive boons. 15s swiftness, 10 might for 6 seconds and 10 seconds of fury is plenty.My reason is that damage is lower so generating malice is way more safe now.

@UNOwen.7132 said:Uh, just FYI, that thief thing is actually a massive buff. It currently regenerates at one point every 1.67 seconds. Youd make the regeneration
much
faster.

Eh, it really isnt. DE still dies just as quick, damage was redundant on them. Still, I dont think itd be that big a deal. Id keep the Vigor, its actually pretty important especially for Rifles stealth access. The regen is pretty pointless, and while protection is good, its probably not that critical?

@Rickster.8752 said:Necro - Unholy Sanctuary now has a 300 second icd (passive trait)Thief - Feline Grace now has a 15s icd (passive boons for nothing)Mesmer - Magic bullet now only applies 1 stack of confusion (overloaded skill - stun and condis is too much)Ranger - Remove vulnerability application from maul (overloaded skill - already does a ton of dps)Rev - Fiendish tenacity and Demonic defiance both have a 20s icd (passive stuff)Firebrand - Blazing edge no longer provides burning and Stoic Demeanor now longer gives slow (passive stuff and overloaded skill)Engi - Invigorating speed icd made 30 seconds (passive boons)Warrior - Whirlwind attack now has a 15s cooldown (evade spam needs to stop)Ele - Elemental attunement - reduce might to 3s, reduce prot to 3s, reduce swiftness to 5s, reduce regen to 3s (stop passive boon spam)Each class has two different specs plus core. Throwing them in the same pot is a big mistake that just leads to more unbalance.Thats exactly the way, dev-team used to nerf the last years, and that brought us to the unbalanced mess we´re in.Every spec has to be looked at individually !

@UNOwen.7132 said:Id keep the Vigor, its actually pretty important especially for Rifles stealth access. The regen is pretty pointless, and while protection is good, its probably not that critical?

If we just remove non-critical boons that's not really a nerf lol. I didn't even ask for nerfs to damage.

It needs to choose between vigor/protection/regen or might/fury/swiftness.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@UNOwen.7132 said:Id keep the Vigor, its actually pretty important especially for Rifles stealth access. The regen is pretty pointless, and while protection is good, its probably not that critical?

If we just remove non-critical boons that's not really a nerf lol. I didn't even ask for nerfs to damage.

It needs to choose between vigor/protection/regen or might/fury/swiftness.

Id argue that DE doesnt really need a nerf. Its certainly not as useless as it was, but its still far from dominating, in both 1v1 and small-scale skirmish situations. Hence why Id only remove non-critical boons.

@hotte in space.2158 said:

@Rickster.8752 said:Necro - Unholy Sanctuary now has a 300 second icd (passive trait)Thief - Feline Grace now has a 15s icd (passive boons for nothing)Mesmer - Magic bullet now only applies 1 stack of confusion (overloaded skill - stun and condis is too much)Ranger - Remove vulnerability application from maul (overloaded skill - already does a ton of dps)Rev - Fiendish tenacity and Demonic defiance both have a 20s icd (passive stuff)Firebrand - Blazing edge no longer provides burning and Stoic Demeanor now longer gives slow (passive stuff and overloaded skill)Engi - Invigorating speed icd made 30 seconds (passive boons)Warrior - Whirlwind attack now has a 15s cooldown (evade spam needs to stop)Ele - Elemental attunement - reduce might to 3s, reduce prot to 3s, reduce swiftness to 5s, reduce regen to 3s (stop passive boon spam)Each class has two different specs plus core. Throwing them in the same pot is a big mistake that just leads to more unbalance.Thats exactly the way, dev-team used to nerf the last years, and that brought us to the unbalanced mess we´re in.Every spec has to be looked at individually !

It is more about removing terrible gameplay elements like 1 minute of vigor on thief or unholy sanctuary on necro or rev perma resistance PASSSIVELY.

All those things are passive and not active and should be hard nerfed.

@"Rickster.8752" said:It is more about removing terrible gameplay elements like 1 minute of vigor on thief or unholy sanctuary on necro or rev perma resistance PASSSIVELY.

All those things are passive and not active and should be hard nerfed.Yes I understand your good intension^^But for example your proposal to nerf "ele" would hit core-ele and tempest as well, and these are classes which need to be buffed. They dont spam boonsand dont play a significant role in PvP for 3 years now. In the last patch devs wanted to nerf weaver, but instead of nerfing specific weaver mechanics, theyprefered to nerf the easy way and ruined core-ele and tempest again (obsidianflesh).It always makes sense to bring something to the point and to be as precise as possible !

Ele - Elemental attunement - reduce might to 3s, reduce prot to 3s, reduce swiftness to 5s, reduce regen to 3s (stop passive boon spam)

If weaver is a problem why not target weavers\fire specs, why would core and tempests have to suffer? We already heal 50% with the current nerf.

20icd? That's just nuts. Demonic Defiance is only usable with Mallyx and before Fiendish Tendencies was one of only 2 sources of resistance outside spamming Pain Absorption. Anet is finally giving us back the Mallyx that wants condi on him and he's still got his counters, Anet just nerfed them way too hard (Hard CC pressure).

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

20icd? That's just nuts. Demonic Defiance is only usable with Mallyx and before Fiendish Tendencies was one of only 2 sources of resistance outside spamming Pain Absorption. Anet is finally giving us back the Mallyx that wants condi on him and he's still got his counters, Anet just nerfed them way too hard (Hard CC pressure).

Not as nuts as 300 seconds CD for unholy sanctuary JESUS CHRIST thats too high.

Firebrand ability to spam block while spamming dmg. It should sacrifice more dmg if its going to be that tanky, so it should have its dps gutted while being so tanky.

It's way too tanky and too high DPS with aoe bombing. At least herald can be outwitted stunned and killed, and I did manage to win once on a ranger.Warrior with spellbreaker? that can be beaten too and out rotated if you are careful.

I'd take fighting a herald over fighting a firebrand because that's just ridiculous.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

All these no-skill traits need nerfing in pvp. Every class would receive them in an ideal world.