Drop rate of Hydra Staff?

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:The drop rate isn't a problem, no. They're intended to be rare drops (items added in that way are always rare drops). Now, I do think that these items being Account Bound is a problem, but that's another issue.

No, they are labeled as "uncommon" rather than "rare' drop.

They're still meant to not be a common drop. And RNG is still RNG; the videos you watched had them opening dozens of chests with no staff or backpack, but I got the staff on my second chest.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

They're still meant to not be a common drop. And RNG is still RNG; the videos you watched had them opening dozens of chests with no staff or backpack, but I got the staff on my second chest.

Yes, but one or no from 50 or 80 chests is nowhere close to "uncommon", so I want to know the exact drop rate.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Yes, but one or no from 50 or 80 chests is nowhere close to "uncommon", so I want to know the exact drop rate.

Actually that is within the realm of uncommon.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

So what's the actual rate? I opened like 10, didn't see one uncommon. Does it have to do with the chest? They were stored in my bank for a long while

I guess I got uncommonly lucky and got one on my first chest. But yes, the RNG really sucks on BL chests. Personally, I think that 4th slot should be more common for uncommons than it currently is. I agree making rares and super rares much harder to get on the 4th slot makes sense (though the weapon skin packs that are in this round of chests don't thrill me at all). But I think my expectation for the distribution of common-uncommon-rare is still based on how blind packs were built for collectible card games back in the day.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

So what's the actual rate? I opened like 10, didn't see one uncommon. Does it have to do with the chest? They were stored in my bank for a long while

Knowing the rate won't help anyone. You could still get it quickly or open hundreds and never get it. That's how GW2 RNG works - it doesn't care how many you already tried, every try is brand new RNG.

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Knowing the rate won't help anyone. You could still get it quickly or open hundreds and never get it. That's how GW2 RNG works - it doesn't care how many you already tried, every try is brand new RNG.

Of course it's going to help, at least the overall range could be known.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

How specifically does that help?

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

So ppl would know the usual range and decide to get keys or not. Of course I would always prefer direct sale rather than RNG.

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Djinn.9245 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Slowpokeking.8720 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

So ppl would know the usual range and decide to get keys or not. Of course I would always prefer direct sale rather than RNG.

Even knowing the range within specific items or item-types drop wouldn´t help that much. You can get either lucky with opening a few chest and getting the hydra-staff or you can get very unlucky with 50-100 and more chests without hydra-staff.The drops are random, based on a formular we don´t know but that´s actually not important.Important is the fact of chest-drops being RNG, you´ll never know for sure what you´re going to get.

@Arzurag.7506 said:Even knowing the range within specific items or item-types drop wouldn´t help that much. You can get either lucky with opening a few chest and getting the hydra-staff or you can get very unlucky with 50-100 and more chests without hydra-staff.The drops are random, based on a formular we don´t know but that´s actually not important.Important is the fact of chest-drops being RNG, you´ll never know for sure what you´re going to get.

It's not "I will get it for sure" but "the chance of winning it" matters. If the chance is big, even if it's not guaranteed, I can make a try.

Well I got a staff from 3rd chest, then the jackal pup backpack from like, 7th or something (definitely both with 10 keys). I think I might have spent all my luck for this year, and probably yours too. I was hoping to sell it though, so that's a disappointment.

@Aurelian Omenkind.2470 said:I guess I got uncommonly lucky and got one on my first chest. But yes, the RNG really sucks on BL chests. Personally, I think that 4th slot should be more common for uncommons than it currently is. I agree making rares and super rares much harder to get on the 4th slot makes sense (though the weapon skin packs that are in this round of chests don't thrill me at all). But I think my expectation for the distribution of common-uncommon-rare is still based on how blind packs were built for collectible card games back in the day.

indeed, i only once got a 4th slot ever in this game. its stuped i want the hydra staff but i dont have enough gold to buy dosens of keys. yesterday i bought 1 key and now i am out of gold. and real life money isnt for gambling. its frustrating all those ppl opening 50+ chests and i only can efford 1. if they make 4th sloth 75% for uncommon i would be very happy.

and map completion sucks. few hours work for a transmute charge. unbelieveable. game devs should wish the players all the best but every game these days all is rng.

Archived