We should probably look at Lightning Rod

RegudonNA.4630

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Quietly in the corner not caring about Lightning Rod and slotting Pulm Impact for memes
]

quitly in the corner playing condi mirage and sloting PB for the memes :D

U rite but idk what to tell you, I got smashed by a condi staff / Axe mirage recently on warrior/rev. still seems like it can put people on the ground.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RegudonNA.4630 said:Trait does quite a bit of damage and applies weakness - one of the strongest conditions In the game.

Theres been other complaints about earth shield (which is fine) but the the complaints come from lightning rod. There have been complaints about shocking aura and lightning hammer... when the problems come from lightning rod.

It does too much and is flying under the radar.

And also the a million CC Elite. One stun is also unblockable..

CC chaining and Lightning Rod are two different things and sadly this thread is confusing them.

On Berserker Amulet, Lightning Rod does about 900 damage on disable with 3 sec of weakness. You have to disable them first. Which means, Stability counters this build. That's just the basics.

When you look closer at the build you'll realize, range counters Dagger Weavers. Condi's counter LR because traiting Weaver and Air means no condi clears. Etc, etc. LR weaver isn't an OP, immortal Ele.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Quietly in the corner not caring about Lightning Rod and slotting Pulm Impact for memes
]

quitly in the corner playing condi mirage and sloting PB for the memes :D

U rite but idk what to tell you, I got smashed by a condi staff / Axe mirage recently on warrior/rev. still seems like it can put people on the ground.

you can smash anyone with anything if you try hard enough, if its an even fight is another story

edit, how do you die to condi as warrior with 16s cd full condi clear that heals for 6k?

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:On Berserker Amulet, Lightning Rod does about 900 damage on disable with 3 sec of weakness.

It does what???????

LR crits for 2.5kish reliably.

I just put berserker amulet on and Air Traitline. Nothing else. To get 2.5k what else did you add?

Everything else added to get that high will make the Ele even more squishy. Which invites more counters

@Stallic.2397 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:On Berserker Amulet, Lightning Rod does about 900 damage on disable with 3 sec of weakness.

It does what???????

I just put berserker amulet on and Air Traitline. Nothing else. To get 2.5k what else did you add?

Everything else added to get that high will make the Ele even more squishy. Which invites more counters

I'v got hit by 3k cancer-rod proc. Ye, 900 damage, sure.I want to spam CC and kill ppl by spamming CC alone too !CMC pls, restore lost time and give it to core mesmer, trust me, its not aids as ppl say and very skillful :joy:

@Odik.4587 said:

It does what???????

I'v got hit by 3k cancer-rod proc. Ye, 900 damage, sure.I want to spam CC and kill ppl by spamming CC alone too !CMC pls, restore lost time and give it to core mesmer, trust me, its not aids as ppl say and very skillful :joy:

I wish people actually knew the build that hit them for 3k LR. Putting that much damage into a grandmaster isn't Easy. Let alone fighting melee, on a low health, low armor class.

If an Ele CC-chained you, hitting LR for 3k, then you're out of luck cause you just got outplayed. There's countless other burst classes that prob would've done the same to you.

@Stallic.2397 said:

It does what???????

I wish people actually knew the build that hit them for 3k LR. Putting that much damage into a grandmaster isn't Easy. Let alone fighting melee, on a low health, low armor class.

If an Ele CC-chained you, hitting LR for 3k, then you're out of luck cause you just got outplayed. There's countless other burst classes that prob would've done the same to you.

Me being CC spammed = outplayed? What? What kind of degenerate logic is this?Tell me what other classes that can spam CC and do 2-3k damage per CC? I dare you

@Odik.4587 said:

It does what???????

Me being CC spammed = outplayed? What? What kind of degenerate logic is this?Tell me what other classes that can spam CC and do 2-3k damage per CC? I dare you

Not 2-3, you said 3. So stick to your point. CC's don't deal damage. Like I said earlier. People are confusing CC's with LR. They're two different things. So no, there isn't a class that can CC spam for that much damage.

LR on the other hand. Can deal 3K if you spec heavy into offense for it. High ferocity, high crit chance, high power. And that's on a Strict melee Ele. An Ele with low health, low armor. That's where you got outplayed.

Instead of kiting a melee character, you didn't. Instead of using stab, you didn't. Pressure and counter with Condi. Use ports, invuln, etc. So many ways to kill an LR Ele

@Stallic.2397 said:I just put berserker amulet on and Air Traitline. Nothing else. To get 2.5k what else did you add?

(690.5 [PvP utility skills and traits use this coefficient?] x 1.2 [skill coefficient] x 2200 [berserker amulet power] / 1888 [light armor 0 toughness]) x 2.1 [crit with 900 ferocity] = 2028 damage

That's only berserker amulet + LR. No modifiers, no rune, no air minors, no sigils and no other traits.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:I just put berserker amulet on and Air Traitline. Nothing else. To get 2.5k what else did you add?

(
[PvP utility skills use this coefficient?] x
[skill coefficient] x
[berserker amulet power] /
[light armor 0 toughness]) x
[crit with 900 ferocity] =
2028 damage

That's only berserker amulet + LR. No modifiers, no rune, no air minors, no sigils and no other traits.

It seems like we're saying the same thing. My original post never said crit. But if you crit with 900 ferocity. Yeah, you should get around 2k.

I agree with you

@Tayga.3192 said:

(
[PvP utility skills and traits use this coefficient?] x
[skill coefficient] x
[berserker amulet power] /
[light armor 0 toughness]) x
[crit with 900 ferocity] =
2028 damage

After agreeing. D/F Weaver has 5 stuns on it's kit. If you make a build that carries 900 ferocity. And let's assume, 60-70% crit chance, then you're gonna do maximum 10.5k damage.

That means you have to execute 5 stuns on your enemy, with the grandmaster trait, to get that much damage. Isn't that reasonable damage? In comparison to other classes that can do the same amount of damage, without stunning 5 times, without even using as many skills.

@Stallic.2397 said:

It does what???????

Not 2-3, you said 3. So stick to your point. CC's don't deal damage. Like I said earlier. People are confusing CC's with LR. They're two different things. So no, there isn't a class that can CC spam for that much damage.You said zerk does 900 damage, I got hit 3000 from random ele, assuming, he is using zerk. I say 2-3k depends on amulet they are running, what is your problem?Its simple fact, if LOST TIME was deleted because it added damage on every CC, even tho x2 less than LROD did and turned into useless garbage, LROD should be deleted as well.LR on the other hand. Can deal 3K if you spec heavy into offense for it. High ferocity, high crit chance, high power. And that's on a Strict melee Ele. An Ele with low health, low armor. That's where you got outplayed.LROD adds tons of damage on ANY cc, what the difference?Instead of kiting a melee character, you didn't. Instead of using stab, you didn't. Pressure and counter with Condi. Use ports, invuln, etc. So many ways to kill an LR EleAnd what should do other melee based classes? Just altf4? Amazing advice :)Yes, stab... that got nerfed into oblivion last patch and made any CC to do no damage ... but LROD is fine because ... dont touch broken traits on my main ! I just cant xD

@"Stallic.2397" said:After agreeing. D/F Weaver has 5 stuns on it's kit. If you make a build that carries 900 ferocity. And let's assume, 60-70% crit chance, then you're gonna do maximum 10.5k damage.

That means you have to execute 5 stuns on your enemy, with the grandmaster trait, to get that much damage. Isn't that reasonable damage? In comparison to other classes that can do the same amount of damage, without stunning 5 times, without even using as many skills.

This is what a good LR Weaver played (asked him myself): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwgYSsIGKW0XavMA-z5IWGZWA9mAmMA

1145 ferocity when attuned to air + 70% crit chance without fury

If this seems too easy to kill, you can change to Avatar amulet and you will still have 645 ferocity (825 with fury), which is still pretty good.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Stallic.2397" said:After agreeing. D/F Weaver has 5 stuns on it's kit. If you make a build that carries 900 ferocity. And let's assume, 60-70% crit chance, then you're gonna do maximum 10.5k damage.

This is what a good LR Weaver played (asked him myself):

1145 ferocity when attuned to air + 70% crit chance without fury

If this seems too easy to kill, you can change to Avatar amulet and you will still have 645 ferocity (825 with fury), which is still pretty good.

Thank you for the build. With fury and swiftness, while attuned to air, you're gonna do about 2.2k each LR. That's not unresonable to me. Is hitting 2.2K unreasonable to you?

People complain about CC chaining, but that's a whole different discussion. I've said in previous threads that they should buff Stab. Kitten, i've even made threads about it! But if an LR Ele cc's you 5 times in a row and does 11K LR from it, I wouldn't call that OP. My first question would be, why didn't you use stab, teleport, invuln, condi pressure, etc?

Trying to CC that many times in a row is not as easy as you think. Especially on a class like weaver that involves the right rotation and the right timing. It's not a simple weapon swap

@Odik.4587 said:LROD tons of damage on ANY cc, what the difference?Yes, stab... that got nerfed into oblivion last patch and made any CC to do no damage ... but LROD is fine because ... dont touch broken traits on my main ! I just cant xD

You should be complaining about CC's and Stab then. Not LR. That's the difference.

I honestly don't think anyone has to complain about 2-3k damage. I've seen those types of hits from any class, even bunkers.

If you specifically don't like LR Ele, then bring condi and stab. I can guarantee you, it'll counter the build. If you are not playing that, then go fight the other 4 players on his team. Avoiding 1/5 of the team because your build isn't good for that fight- that's not unfair

@Stallic.2397 said:

@Odik.4587 said:LROD tons of damage on ANY cc, what the difference?Yes, stab... that got nerfed into oblivion last patch and made any CC to do no damage ... but LROD is fine because ... dont touch broken traits on my main ! I just cant xD

You should be complaining about CC's and Stab then. Not LR. That's the difference.

I honestly don't think anyone has to complain about 2-3k damage. I've seen those types of hits from any class, even bunkers.

If you specifically don't like LR Ele, then bring condi and stab. I can guarantee you, it'll counter the build. If you are not playing that, then go fight the other 4 players on his team. Avoiding 1/5 because your build isn't good for that fight isn't unfair

I'm complaining about right thing. CC does tons of damage and reward braindead CC spam. Unless they reintroduce Lost Time again :joy:

@Odik.4587 said:

If you specifically don't like LR Ele, then bring condi and stab. I can guarantee you, it'll counter the build. If you are not playing that, then go fight the other 4 players on his team. Avoiding 1/5 because your build isn't good for that fight isn't unfair

I'm complaining about right thing. CC does tons of damage and reward braindead CC spam. Unless they reintroduce Lost Time again :joy:

LOL! Here we go again...

Honestly. It doesn't matter if anet nerfs LR, there's just gonna be another class that's gonna cc you, then hit you with any other skill that does way over 3K damage. For Example: Ranger LB 4 then 2.

And guess what, you're still gonna die. That's more damage with less skills. But here you are complaining about Ele's and the 3K that hit you.

@Stallic.2397 said:

LOL! Here we go again...

Honestly. It doesn't matter. If anet nerfs LR, there's just gonna be another class that's gonna cc you, then hit you with any other skill that does way over 3K damage. For Example: Ranger LB 4 then 2.

And guess what, you're still gonna die. That's more damage with less skills. But here you are complaining about Ele's and the 3K that hit you.

You know, I'm fine with ranger LB 4->2. Getting 2-3k per CC with weakness, thats different story.

@"Tayga.3192" said:This is what a good LR Weaver played (asked him myself): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lZwgYSsIGKW0XavMA-z5IWGZWA9mAmMA1145 ferocity when attuned to air + 70% crit chance without furyIf this seems too easy to kill, you can change to Avatar amulet and you will still have 645 ferocity (825 with fury), which is still pretty good.A good weaver? Seriously??? Hihihihihi huhuhuhuhu hahahahaha =)This is an absolute suicidebomb-garbage-build ! ! !It has exactly only one skill that cleanses condis which is 3 every 25 seconds (magnetic wave)Must have been 1 april when this dude told you his build^^

I checked my combat log several times when I got hit by LR and the average damage was, believe it or not, 1,5 K !For some argument-resistant dudes here in this discussion, this is of course just nonsense.But I dont care for LR anyway, I just defended it in terms of balance and fairness.I am out of this senseless thread now