Deadeye analysis in WvW

Tornix.2180

The issue i have with playing against deadeyes is unlike regular stealthing melee thief who you could predict their position or when they are about to hit you and avoid it the deadeye is ranged they dont have to be near you to hit you they can be absolutely anywhere when they stealthwith the addition of 1500 range 50% increased velocity and the fact you don't really know when or where a burst is comming it can be quite dificult to avoid plus since its projectiles the deadeye will not be revealed until the projectile has actually made contact with you meaning they could have a number of abilities on the way to you and you dont know itin terms of countering the burst i have found a few options you canjump on them and burst them before they have a chance to do anything its usually the best optionusing a reveal against them is silly because their elite removes it removing counterplay yay balanceif the deadeye is already set up its an issue if they've used their stealth and positioning well you dont know where they are you can guess when the burst is comming and hope that you dodge ityou can pop a reflect or projectile absorb but with the stealth capabilities a deadeye can just sit and wait till all those wear offif the deadeye ccs you with soft or hard cc you kind of need reflexes the speed of light to break and dodge the 50% velocity thing kind of garuntees your getting hitsure you can say deadeye is easy to kill its squishy and they are static when they are kneeling and not as mobile and all that and i agree its not like they are impossible to fight or kill its just in some instances and in the right hands the deadeyes abilities seem like a bit much

Not really. The only thing that the deadeye can really do is pin snipe or gank in a team fight from range instead of melee, but anyone or thing can get of the way of your target (even obstructed at melee range). They can share a few boons but they are still a selfish class to play and offer next to no team support. Regular melee thief being s/d or d/p are still far superior in nearly every way compared to what deadeye offers. Also that elite has 2 charges and on a 45 sec cd if I remember.

Tbh though I havnt fought many on a non thief class so I dunno how difficult some people have for the dodging rifle from stealth but as another thief we can just port on them and bust them down pretty easy.

the new ranger is more trouble some than dedeye pin sniping since cant be abosrved , blcoked, nor reflected....And alot of range skills are home-guided-missiles trough thief stealth lol....

When ic a thief going in stealth and the ranger still using its skills xD... rekt thief.

Some of the skills hit for way too much damage (27K insta-kill gg) but otherwise, its not that strong in the enviroment thieves usually move. A good d/p dd probably will give most roamers a far harder fight and p/p can sustain pressure longer. I like the de and think it offer a great variation of the thief otherwise, the best PoF elite design we got.

Make sure to make use of line of sight obstructions when available. Seriously, sometimes a small terrain inclination, a rock, etc are enough to completely mess up with the ranged classes.

For me, a p/d condi thief, a zerk daredevil or even a good zerk classic thief are more trouble than a deadeye.

@Tornix.2180 said:The issue i have with playing against deadeyes is unlike regular stealthing melee thief who you could predict their position or when they are about to hit youSo, I guess you haven't played against a thief for now 2,5 years, yes? D/P isn't melee and you can't predict when they will hit you because they can stealth from 3-15 s with one smokefield.ETA: And yes, I know this is about Rifle, but it has been 97% D/P thieves for the past 2,5 years. Nothing with "melee and could predict".

@xDudisx.5914 said:Make sure to make use of line of sight obstructions when available. Seriously, sometimes a small terrain inclination, a rock, etc are enough to completely mess up with the ranged classes.

For me, a p/d condi thief, a zerk daredevil or even a good zerk classic thief are more trouble than a deadeye.

This is the solution that I found works and makes deadeyes less dangerous than base thief or daredevil. They're going to mark you and have far less movement than daredevil.

@xDudisx.5914 said:Make sure to make use of line of sight obstructions when available. Seriously, sometimes a small terrain inclination, a rock, etc are enough to completely mess up with the ranged classes.

i did try all kind of elaborate loops around rocks and terrain and under bridges etc the deadeye i was fighting ended up just appearing next to me with the death shot or whatever its kind of hard to los someone when you cant see them like i said its not like its impossible to counter just sometimes its a bit silly

@Jana.6831 said:

@Tornix.2180 said:The issue i have with playing against deadeyes is unlike regular stealthing melee thief who you could predict their position or when they are about to hit youSo, I guess you haven't played against a thief for now 2,5 years, yes? D/P isn't melee and you can't predict when they will hit you because they can stealth from 3-15 s with one smokefield.ETA: And yes, I know this is about Rifle, but it has been 97% D/P thieves for the past 2,5 years. Nothing with "melee and could predict".

the dp thief generally has to be within melee range to hit youif the dp thief black powders you know hes going to leap through it to stealth you can see what direction he leaps in you have a rough idea where they are and that they might burst you in the next 3 or so seconds and if theyve taken a bit of damage yes theyl probably stay in stealth longer to heal up the dp actually intermitently comes out of stealth and i can generally get a feel of where they are if that makes any sense i hope that clarifies what i mean by predictiondeadeye just isnt there at all until you get shot by whatever it almost reminds me of culling where youd just die to nothingi dueled a friend on deadeye as an ele and thief and something else i cant remember but they dont seem to be great in 1v1 and its like their role is to just +1 fights where people are distracted

Archived