World bosses and meta events - love or hate?

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I used to enjoy them for the spectacle, but as the game has become more awash with excessive spell effects, that spectacle has greatly diminished, and I often can't actually see the enemies. I once did Serpent's Ire and in the final battle my screen was completely white - all I could see was the bosses' health bars and defiance bars.

This is a massive problem that needs dealing with ASAP. It's been going on for far too long.

for world bosses and metas, some are fun to do, some are not.

World bosses are kinda meh, the whole chain events to get WB to Spawn are kinda fun fighting the world boss it self not that much. The let down is, killing most times times a giant thing on auto attacks, and it's not a matter of scaling, that would only lead for longer time auto attacking. All world bosses besides the ones in the 1-15 maps should have some mechanics involved

I like bosses & meta train, but I just don't have the time to do them anymore after more strikes were added, because after daily fractals, daily gather, daily strikes, daily "dailies", and sometimes "may be" squeeze in an achivement chase / that or weekly wvw (for 2nd tier chest) if I have extra some time that day, I would have no time left for anything else. Hopefully I can join metas after I'm done with all the strike mission's reward chase (I really need to farm a ton of amalgamated gemstones ~>.<~ cries); otherwise, I do enjoy them because it's very therapeutic after I'm done with the daily hardcore content, that I don't have to worry about not making mistake/dps/build/that-strange-grumpy-pug/stress that I'd face from instanced content.

I love doing Metas, but only in achieving a goal. I do Tarir and Pinata daily because they put gold in my pocket, and materials in my storage. If they didn't do either (see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Storms_of_Winter) then I wouldn't bother...seriously, even though there is a Mastery point available, only 7 out of 15 victories. I'll make do.

World Bosses are the same. If I'm on the map with nothing to do and Teq or Megadestroyer is ready to spawn, I'll jump in, otherwise they aren't on my radar until they have to be for collections or achievements.

I'll just say that my most memorable metas have been those where we had low numbers and where it was difficult enough that we barely managed to succeed. It's more an issue of players being able to be mass downed / revived, no matter how strong the enemy is.

I think the tangled depth meta did it right with the blue donuts of doom: if a player was caught on one, it was nearly guaranteed death, and quite some downtime to return. Sadly, even the penalty for dying has all but disappeared thanks to mounts.

I am thinking that event failure for metas shouldn't have to do with death itself as much as timers running out for not doing the mechanics.

Anyway, I'll do content if I come across it or there's some achievement I am after. Generally speaking I just wanna have fun. :P

@Skotlex.7580 said:I'll just say that my most memorable metas have been those where we had low numbers and where it was difficult enough that we barely managed to succeed. It's more an issue of players being able to be mass downed / revived, no matter how strong the enemy is.

I think the tangled depth meta did it right with the blue donuts of doom: if a player was caught on one, it was nearly guaranteed death, and quite some downtime to return. Sadly, even the penalty for dying has all but disappeared thanks to mounts

I am thinking that event failure for metas shouldn't have to do with death itself as much as timers running out for not doing the mechanics.

Anyway, I'll do content if I come across it or there's some achievement I am after. Generally speaking I just wanna have fun. :P

I agree in theory, but1) it's already something to be thankful for if half the dead respawn instead of waiting for a rez2) I would like for metas to succeed most of the time, as opposed to never

Metas are the easy peasy social events for random strangers. Some mechanics (like in hot metas) is good, and to differing extents the penalty for not doing the mechanics is more time wasted. But too much and you'd be puking blood in a recreational activity after a hard day at work. As it is, even ab depends on 1-2 handfuls per lane (knowing and) doing the mechanic and the rest doing their own thing.

It is good for gw2 to have a full range of difficulty, easy and hard bosses, easy and hard metas, easy and hard raids etc.

People will gravitate to their comfort level accordingly - as long as the respective options are available, and continue to be developed for freshness.

(World bosses, on the other hand, should be spruced up accordingly, both in challenge and reward. Excepting teq and 3wurm)