Before destroying ranger again

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Also why am I still playing control point maps from 2012? Jesus Christ.

It's like in counterstrike, the mode was the only successful

But we have off-season modes now

give credit where its due, 2v2 added some freshness.

Freshness yes, I am Lil bit hyped for 3vs3 or 2vs2 season 2, but longer than 3 weeks pls no

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Avatar.3568 said:

Freshness yes, I am Lil bit hyped for 3vs3 or 2vs2 season 2, but longer than 3 weeks pls no

yea, having everyone meta whore to fb/rev/necro gets old quickly

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

yea, having everyone meta kitten to fb/rev/necro gets old quickly

You forgot Ele (mostly Tempest with low effort perma hard cc)

@bravan.3876 said:

ofc there are others that do the same thing like ele or scrapper, point is that before everyone started tryharding those uninteractive builds 2v2 was fun

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

ofc there are others that do the same thing like ele or scrapper, point is that before everyone started tryharding those uninteractive builds 2v2 was fun

You could have just joined the carried by build army though. I can tell you then you had fun, at least from winning. Winning is fun!

@bravan.3876 said:

You could have just joined the carried by build army though. I can tell you then you had fun, at least from winning. Winning is fun!

Always scared when people say it unironicly, the game is the fun part of the game

@Avatar.3568 said:

Always scared when people say it unironicly, the game is the fun part of the game

Don't tell me you play the game for fun, never heard bigger nonsense! No seriously losing is unfun as hell. And when GW2 only gives the option to either have fun with a skillful and not boring build or have fun with winning but not both at same time, then i chose fun by winning. As long as there is no better game out at least.

@bravan.3876 said:

I personally had more fun losing on mirage then I had winning on necro, sure first 2-4 games were fun but it quickly turned into brainless grind.

@mistsim.2748 said:Ranger is hot trash of a class. I've been playing this game since beta, and this is the lowest build diversity we've ever had. Beyond LB/GS, and a few utilities, the class is a complete mess. After 5+ yrs of glassbow Legolas poop, I'd like to try something else.

Pet damage is a red herring atm and the least important discussion we could be having. I don't care what is done to the pets. They need to fix our non-functional weapons and utilities. Delete the kitten pets, seriously. Or as someone smart above mentioned, just give them utility skills (good ones) on their f2.

Is there any sign these devs play the class, or that they are even remotely aware of how bad its toolkit is?

Who's in charge of this rn and what are the next steps for balancing the game?

I'd argue we have the most build diversity we've ever had. Well, for ranked.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I personally had more fun losing on mirage then I had winning on necro, sure first 2-4 games were fun but it quickly turned into brainless grind.

We are different types of players in this regard. I would prefer to play something skillful but i don't get anything out of losing to worse players because they are carried by build and then even develop an false ego over it for no reason. I prefer to kick their butts and give them the cancer back they spread. When they then complain about how lame my build is, i can just laugh: Look who's talking!

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Come on with the propaganda man.For all I know you were on some kind of Berserker Power Shatter Mesmer, and Arome was running glass cannon Soulbeast.

1st no, second yes.

Was playing glass thief. I didn't have vuln on me. That's damage modified by AoO vs no toughness.

Just, post details man. Post something that can be discussed.

Wish I had a screenshot of my condi bar when I got hit by that but it was pretty raw. He was soulbeast though.

IPOp8Vp.png

I don't have anything to say about maul or soulbeast other than it's fine.
I'm used to maul doing heavy damage and it deserves to do heavy damage. I can still get hit for almost all my HP on both that and WI alone.Maul is still useful, and saying that those skills lack damage output to justify the Cat/bird pets
also
doing 9k is insane to me. That's the only part I have a hangup with.

I'm not here to fight maul or Ranger/Soulbeast damage output in general. I'm here to say those other things that can clip you while you're
looking to dodge maul shouldn't also do maul damage.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Every single class can still do big damage if they take damage modifiers.

See above.

Gotcha.

Though, no one is complaining about Soulbeast. People seem to complaining very specifically about Core Ranger Pet damage.

All I've been trying to do is point out how those big mauls are not coming from tanky Knight's Core Ranger builds, or even Demo Core Ranger. That stuff is only hitting for 3ks and 4ks nowadays.

Soo many things to complain about. Core Ranger, Slb, Holo, Rev, Shroud, Lightening Rod and the Tornado Elite.... It is indeed interesting why atm most people are focusing on the core ranger.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

And what's that variety (serious question)?

Druid is dead. Only LB and GS is usable. And you can go core or SB with that. But really you're just playing glassbow, so it's one build.

After 7 years, we somehow have less usable weapons. Sword, SB, staff, OH axe, torch are dead.

In vanilla the summer before HoTs launched, I remember using three wildly different builds in comp.

@mistsim.2748 said:

Druid is dead. Only LB and GS is usable. And you can go core or SB with that. But really you're just playing glassbow, so it's one build.

After 7 years, we somehow have less usable weapons. Sword, SB, staff, OH axe, torch are dead.

In vanilla the summer before HoTs launched, I remember using three wildly different builds in comp.

Shortbow isn't too bad on either core, soulbeast, or druid.With soulbeast you can even get away with sb a/d due to mobility on mergeWith Druid you get ancient seeds and can go staff or s/d

You can also go hybrid with a/d and gs

There are some builds out there. Only holo really oppresses it and you can usually just rotate to a different side node.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Shortbow isn't too bad on either core, soulbeast, or druid.With soulbeast you can even get away with sb a/d due to mobility on mergeWith Druid you get ancient seeds and can go staff or s/d

You can also go hybrid with a/d and gs

There are some builds out there. Only holo really oppresses it and you can usually just rotate to a different side node.

These builds are not impactful for higher lvl play, you know that. Not compared to lb/gs, not even close.

Ranger (character) is not fine and yes pets make a lot of damage with boonbeast but what need to be nerfed is the boons affecting the pet not the pet itself cause that will affect all the non boonbeast builds, back to ranger, ranger is not fine at all and need some serious buffs, all of those nerfs just ruined druid and soulbeast and now most of the people are over reliant on pet damage cause the ranger got nerfed so hard.

Pets are so outdated and can't hit moving targets and have multiple bugs that can make them sometimes nothing more than useless AI, pets either need a rework or the ranger class need a full rework and remove pets for good if you don't want to fix them.