Core Necromancer feels weak

Humor.5763

• 2 weeks later...

The survivability is great with how I have my Necromancer built thus far, and I don't really have any problem taking out Champion creatures at all, where I would struggle on a few with my Renegade. While this is all fine and great, as mentioned above, I've been struggling to find any real damage to be dealt by the Core class itself.

You call the class "weak", but you solo things that your renegade can't.  

The bottom line is that core necro trades damage for tank.  In areas where this works (PvP, solo open world, WvW roaming), it is a great trade off.  

In high level PvE where you want damage and active skills for defense, this trade-off makes the class weaker.

In WvW zergs, you can still get by using boon corruption as your main focus, but you really need to be good at staying with the team.

I will say this.  Coincidently, I've just revisited my condi necro, and was surprised to discover that dhuumfire is much weaker in PvE than in WvW.  Burn is the best damage condi, so that simple difference explains a lot.

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, Kumouta.4985 said:

Core feels weak because it is weak. It has nothing going for it besides a big health pool. Reaper does ok damage and scourge can do ok dmg and is decent for supporting with barrier/rezzing, but other classes can easily outdo necro at anything.

It's alway nice when players admit the truth about a bad class.  So many fan boys and "ArenaNet Babies" lying about the game.

I don't see how you can be bad in PvE with the Necro 'tho'...it's built for PvE.  Necro in WvW doesn't fit because it's not built for PvP.  Reaper has the best chance at downing another player, if you can get close enough and not get "CC'ed."  Scourge and Core are pathetic in WvW because the skills/traits just can't compete with other classes, especially a class like the Willbender.  You can't go Condi as core in WvW because conditions are the weakest thing in WvW and can be cleansed by most classes in a heart beat.  So how does power-core Necro stack up in WvW?  It's better than Condi but has no high burst damage, so you'll end up doing smaller amounts of damage while a Willbender is taking HUGE chunks of health from you per hit (and Willbender CC is endless).  This is what the "Devs" call balance in PvP modes.

You have no stability as Core, so get ready to get defeated easily by mostly "CC" keeping you on the ground or not able to do anything.  Your traits are not only poor, but the ones that are a little useful, are sitting in the wrong spot/tree.  Shroud is weak because the attacks from it are NOT high burst, they focus more on conditions and conditions are the weakest damaging thing in WvW.  You have no stability as core when going in Shroud so you can still be "CC'ed" while in it, thus just wasting Shroud...that's how lame the abilities are.  You also don't have your right-side action bar while in Shroud and that could have been a major help but the "Devs" really wanted to make the Necro class the "World of Warcraft Warrior Class", which got "nerfed" to a joke in PvP.  Staff is useless in WvW...too easy to dodge and does nothing as far as real damage.  Why did the "Devs" feel the need to not max a Necros range on everything, I have no idea because given how low damage is on all Necro abilites, why force us to get closer to a Willbender or 'Engi?"

Your Elite skills are useless in WvW.  Take an Elite skill like Plaguelands...  You would think a skill like that could deal high damage if a players stood in it but that's not true.  I dropped that skill in WvW and another player saw it and got right in the middle of it just to prove what I already knew....  He took very little damage from an Elite skill that should have had him running away.  Plaguelands radius is so little, it's basically non-existent on drop.  Lich Elite skill is useless, too slow and does not hit hard enough to scare anybody.  Lesser Enfeeble has a radius of 240....  Seriously!?  240!?  Non-Existent!!  The "Devs" got Speed of Shadows, Soul Marks and Unyielding Blast on the same tree...  Of my "gawd!"  Marks should be unblockable anyway because they're too easy to dodge!  Speed of Shadows should have at least 8 seconds of stability otherwise what's the point in breaking free if you're going to get rooted/pulled/knocked-back/etc right after....  Just brain-dead development!  Unyielding Blast doesn't need to be on that tree because it's too valuable when going into Shroud, which has no burst so dropping "vulner" on a player helps.

Blood is completely garbage for WvW!  That's a whole slot of trees you're getting nothing truly valuable from because Necro's don't get enough healing to add to sustain!  Parasitic Contagion does like 5 percent heal of conditional damage...  Given the fact as a Necro, you're never going to get that many conditions on a player at one time because one, they're moving fast, and two, they cleanse and have resistance, etc so why in the world would the "Devs" make the healing from that trait 5 percent...?  It's basically another useless trait and the Necro class has a lot of poor traits like that, just take a look.  You don't have a "Boon Party" like other classes as a Core Necro or Scourge.  As soon as a Willbender engage, you'll see a whole line of Boons go up for them and right there, you're dead as a Core Necro because you DON'T have a whole line of Boons going up for you and if you think you're going to turn those boons to conditions, think again, the "Devs" have made that practically impossible will all the low range a Necro has and all the immunity/blocking/resistance/etc they give other classes.  It's like the "Devs" made sure when "EOD" came out, Condi Necros were going to be garbage and that's evident because they added everything for other classes to just laugh at conditions.

When "Devs" tailor to certain players and their classes while killing others....  That's a red-flag that points out a weak development team, with very little game development logic and creativity.  It's like World of Warcraft all over again but WAY WORST!!

Scepter, Axe, Focus, Torch....   All damage from these weapons are so low, you'll never beat anyone in WvW as a Power Core Necro (condi as out of the question).  Speaking of Power, you can't stack 3k+ power on a Core Necro, you'll barely get close to 2k (without food, utility, etc).

It's not hard to see why the Necro Class is the worst and weakest class in WvW and it shows because I see Necros getting slaughter all the time when they try to leave the Zerg alone or roam.  Players will literally pull you out of a Zerg because killing Necros has become a sport in WvW now...that's how bad Guildwars 2 PvP is and it will be the reason I finally leave the game in the end.  No one should have to build another class or put up with not being able to put up an equal fight in PvP because their class is built to fail.  If I knew Necro was that bad when I first bought GW2, I would have never leveled a Necro as my main and that's why it's a slap in the face for every new player picking the Necro because they just don't know what's in-store for them if they get in WvW and they most likely will for the legendaries.

You will get Reaper Hackers in WvW because that's the only way you're going to roam with one.  I encounter two MAJOR Reaper Hackers once in WvW!  One of them had no "CC" cool-downs and could keep you face down on the ground for the entire encounter.  The other one was basically in God Mode, you couldn't scratch him; health stayed at 100 percent as he took out 10 players.  The funniest part was, the God Mode Hacker ran down another player on a Warclaw, while they were still on feet and the other player had double-dash on the Warclaw.  That's impossible but this hacking Reaper turned into the Flash, ran the player down, speared him at close range and drop a one-hit kill.  I think the Hacker got mad because he had to run across one-third of the map to get his hack-kill so he went into one-hit-kill-mode.  I was following him the whole time, he never saw me and I hit the TP because there was not point in fighting a Hacker.

That kind of stuff wouldn't exist if the game was developed correctly on the PvP side of things.

Forgive "typos",

Peace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Horace.3184 said:

It's alway nice when players admit the truth about a bad class.  So many fan boys and "ArenaNet Babies" lying about the game.

I don't see how you can be bad in PvE with the Necro 'tho'...it's built for PvE.  Necro in WvW doesn't fit because it's not built for PvP.  Reaper has the best chance at downing another player, if you can get close enough and not get "CC'ed."  Scourge and Core are pathetic in WvW because the skills/traits just can't compete with other classes, especially a class like the Willbender.  You can't go Condi as core in WvW because conditions are the weakest thing in WvW and can be cleansed by most classes in a heart beat.  So how does power-core Necro stack up in WvW?  It's better than Condi but has no high burst damage, so you'll end up doing smaller amounts of damage while a Willbender is taking HUGE chunks of health from you per hit (and Willbender CC is endless).  This is what the "Devs" call balance in PvP modes.

You have no stability as Core, so get ready to get defeated easily by mostly "CC" keeping you on the ground or not able to do anything.  Your traits are not only poor, but the ones that are a little useful, are sitting in the wrong spot/tree.  Shroud is weak because the attacks from it are NOT high burst, they focus more on conditions and conditions are the weakest damaging thing in WvW.  You have no stability as core when going in Shroud so you can still be "CC'ed" while in it, thus just wasting Shroud...that's how lame the abilities are.  You also don't have your right-side action bar while in Shroud and that could have been a major help but the "Devs" really wanted to make the Necro class the "World of Warcraft Warrior Class", which got "nerfed" to a joke in PvP.  Staff is useless in WvW...too easy to dodge and does nothing as far as real damage.  Why did the "Devs" feel the need to not max a Necros range on everything, I have no idea because given how low damage is on all Necro abilites, why force us to get closer to a Willbender or 'Engi?"

Your Elite skills are useless in WvW.  Take an Elite skill like Plaguelands...  You would think a skill like that could deal high damage if a players stood in it but that's not true.  I dropped that skill in WvW and another player saw it and got right in the middle of it just to prove what I already knew....  He took very little damage from an Elite skill that should have had him running away.  Plaguelands radius is so little, it's basically non-existent on drop.  Lich Elite skill is useless, too slow and does not hit hard enough to scare anybody.  Lesser Enfeeble has a radius of 240....  Seriously!?  240!?  Non-Existent!!  The "Devs" got Speed of Shadows, Soul Marks and Unyielding Blast on the same tree...  Of my "gawd!"  Marks should be unblockable anyway because they're too easy to dodge!  Speed of Shadows should have at least 8 seconds of stability otherwise what's the point in breaking free if you're going to get rooted/pulled/knocked-back/etc right after....  Just brain-dead development!  Unyielding Blast doesn't need to be on that tree because it's too valuable when going into Shroud, which has no burst so dropping "vulner" on a player helps.

Blood is completely garbage for WvW!  That's a whole slot of trees you're getting nothing truly valuable from because Necro's don't get enough healing to add to sustain!  Parasitic Contagion does like 5 percent heal of conditional damage...  Given the fact as a Necro, you're never going to get that many conditions on a player at one time because one, they're moving fast, and two, they cleanse and have resistance, etc so why in the world would the "Devs" make the healing from that trait 5 percent...?  It's basically another useless trait and the Necro class has a lot of poor traits like that, just take a look.  You don't have a "Boon Party" like other classes as a Core Necro or Scourge.  As soon as a Willbender engage, you'll see a whole line of Boons go up for them and right there, you're dead as a Core Necro because you DON'T have a whole line of Boons going up for you and if you think you're going to turn those boons to conditions, think again, the "Devs" have made that practically impossible will all the low range a Necro has and all the immunity/blocking/resistance/etc they give other classes.  It's like the "Devs" made sure when "EOD" came out, Condi Necros were going to be garbage and that's evident because they added everything for other classes to just laugh at conditions.

When "Devs" tailor to certain players and their classes while killing others....  That's a red-flag that points out a weak development team, with very little game development logic and creativity.  It's like World of Warcraft all over again but WAY WORST!!

Scepter, Axe, Focus, Torch....   All damage from these weapons are so low, you'll never beat anyone in WvW as a Power Core Necro (condi as out of the question).  Speaking of Power, you can't stack 3k+ power on a Core Necro, you'll barely get close to 2k (without food, utility, etc).

It's not hard to see why the Necro Class is the worst and weakest class in WvW and it shows because I see Necros getting slaughter all the time when they try to leave the Zerg alone or roam.  Players will literally pull you out of a Zerg because killing Necros has become a sport in WvW now...that's how bad Guildwars 2 PvP is and it will be the reason I finally leave the game in the end.  No one should have to build another class or put up with not being able to put up an equal fight in PvP because their class is built to fail.  If I knew Necro was that bad when I first bought GW2, I would have never leveled a Necro as my main and that's why it's a slap in the face for every new player picking the Necro because they just don't know what's in-store for them if they get in WvW and they most likely will for the legendaries.

You will get Reaper Hackers in WvW because that's the only way you're going to roam with one.  I encounter two MAJOR Reaper Hackers once in WvW!  One of them had no "CC" cool-downs and could keep you face down on the ground for the entire encounter.  The other one was basically in God Mode, you couldn't scratch him; health stayed at 100 percent as he took out 10 players.  The funniest part was, the God Mode Hacker ran down another player on a Warclaw, while they were still on feet and the other player had double-dash on the Warclaw.  That's impossible but this hacking Reaper turned into the Flash, ran the player down, speared him at close range and drop a one-hit kill.  I think the Hacker got mad because he had to run across one-third of the map to get his hack-kill so he went into one-hit-kill-mode.  I was following him the whole time, he never saw me and I hit the TP because there was not point in fighting a Hacker.

That kind of stuff wouldn't exist if the game was developed correctly on the PvP side of things.

Forgive "typos",

Peace

I've only really been playing GW2 for maybe a few weeks now, and what you said is spot on. The main thing I noticed is that anytime you have a question or criticism about the game, there are a lot of people that will jump at you immediately to defend Anet and let you know how wrong you are about having XYZ opinion. That the game is perfect, and to either fall in line or else.

I feel like transparency goes along way, and being honest about something is better than lying about it. It's like people don't want to just come out and say "look you're right...there are a LOT of grinds in this game....no question about it....but here is how I dealt with it, maybe it will work for you..." and I don't know why, as that would be productive and not scare away any new players.

Instead they say "Well it's only a 60 hour grind man...what you don't have 60 hours to spare on this great amazing game? What are you, against grinds? Are you a grind-ist??? Grindaphobic?? How dare you!!"......

lol I just don't see how that's productive. It's not like you can hide GW2's flaws right? Just be honest about them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Misterbrady.2167 said:

Core Necro is built around the lifeforce mechanics.  Think of it as builder/spender.  You build up the lifeforce and F1 to use your shroud.  I used a build while leveling that allows necromancer to regenerate health in shroud.  That let me exit shroud with almost full health.  

Cool that you did that while leveling but its garbage in endgame content. Necro was auto kicked before reaper and scourge because of that in pve. It is not a builder/spender mechanic. Core shroud is a dps loss and purely used for facetanking.

Necro still has fury and critchance in a condi traitline. Still a better mechanic than steal in pve for thieves. You were never intended to play those specs in pve in the first place.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Necro was auto kicked before reaper and scourge because of that in pve.

Reaper was also auto kicked simply because it was designed with the old dungeon standard gameplay in mind while fractal and raid took a step away from dungeon's standard gameplay at HoT release.

It was the beautiful irony of HoT for the necromancer, we were given what we longed for and in the same breath we were basically told that what we longed for was now obsolete.

1 hour ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Still a better mechanic than steal in pve for thieves. You were never intended to play those specs in pve in the first place.

Thief was a very good choice in the vanilla PvE game and is still a good choice for all dungeon paths. Even now, not taking a thief in dungeons is basically playing in hard mode (well, you need 2 thiefs now instead of a single 1 to really be at ease in dungeons).

13 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Cool that you did that while leveling but its garbage in endgame content. Necro was auto kicked before reaper and scourge because of that in pve. It is not a builder/spender mechanic. Core shroud is a dps loss and purely used for facetanking.

Necro still has fury and critchance in a condi traitline. Still a better mechanic than steal in pve for thieves. You were never intended to play those specs in pve in the first place.

Sure. But I thought he was asking how to make core Necro work until he has the points for something else. What I mentioned will work in that capacity.