How much do you use weapon stowing as an ingame mechanic during fights?

pninak.1069

I am a player, who has been in gw2 like half a year after its launch. A few weeks ago I found out that animation cancelling and weapon stowing during fights exists. I want to use this poll to find out if the mechanic is really that well known as people claim it to be.

I do it sometimes, either to bait someone into wasting a dodge or waste a skill. One example I can think of is with my LB ranger against a thief using dagger storm. Which reflects. Stow bow, back away take little damage, let skills come off CD. They've wasted an elite with 90s CD and I have come off/reduced CD's to resume the fight.

I knew of weapon stowing since half a year after launch when a friend gave me a crash course in how to play a thief effectively where it can be really useful to avoid wasting high initiative cost skills like CnD.But I basically never use it because often when I'm fighting it is too chaotic as that I could think about it.

I rarely use weapon stow, I'm not trying to bait a dodge, I'm trying to force an attack or a scramble by hurting someone, and in this game build the faster the better. I also keep myself free to adjust and respond but I don't change my mind much and I play with unknown and lag in mind so I don't feel the need to save me from myself a lot. It is a useful repurposed mechanic though if it fits in your build and the way you play and I'm glad it's there for people to use to supplement there build where it might lack vs another.