How's warrior feeling in pvp?

Psycoprophet.8107

Better. I am far from impresssed at the overall results so far with the patches. The speed has come down, which is good, but some builds are still waaay out of wack, and some new problems has surfaced. But then again, classes/build-balancing is only part of the problem - Bots, MMR, leggy grind/achievements-grind messing up spvp experience, lack of tutorials, introduction, map-understanding, and roll explanation, and more...

@DinesenDK.5067 said:Better. I am far from impresssed at the overall results so far with the patches. The speed has come down, which is good, but some builds are still waaay out of wack, and some new problems has surfaced. But then again, classes/build-balancing is only part of the problem - Bots, MMR, leggy grind/achievements-grind messing up spvp experience, lack of tutorials, introduction, map-understanding, and roll explanation, and more...

I personally had different exp in pvp, way more teams actually trying to win, in about 55 games I played this season I dont think anyone threw any of them, same on the enemy team.As for warrior, it feels bad to me, it also felt bat to me before the patch, it also felt bad to me before rampage nerfs, OP but unfun, but thats just me.But honestly its super unfun to fight warriors RN, they have old levels of evasion, they seriously have to UP the cooldowns of some of the defensive tools warrior has and give something in return.Killing warrior feels like he sucked and thats why he died, dying to warrior feels like I ran out of options because enemy had more buttons then I had ways to avoid those buttons. Its kinda sad to see war pushed towards more bunker type role, to me they should always be more like a bruiser type role, or tank buster, but thats propably for berserker if done right. Who am I kidding, nothing will change :D

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I personally had different exp in pvp, way more teams actually trying to win, in about 55 games I played this season I dont think anyone threw any of them, same on the enemy team.As for warrior, it feels bad to me, it also felt bat to me before the patch, it also felt bad to me before rampage nerfs, OP but unfun, but thats just me.But honestly its super unfun to fight warriors RN, they have old levels of evasion, they seriously have to UP the cooldowns of some of the defensive tools warrior has and give something in return.Killing warrior feels like he sucked and thats why he died, dying to warrior feels like I ran out of options because enemy had more buttons then I had ways to avoid those buttons. Its kinda sad to see war pushed towards more bunker type role, to me they should always be more like a bruiser type role, or tank buster, but thats propably for berserker if done right. Who am I kidding, nothing will change :D

I've played 150+ games now, and it happens occasionally that it feels like people plays to win, and actually have an general understanding of the gamemode. However, prolly about 80% of the time, it feels like a coin is tossed for the result. I've lost 9 in a row and won 7, and the rest is all over the place including bots quitters, and 4vs5s.

It is super hard playing Warrior, and to win your 1vs1. It's a real struggle, and the times I lose despite me fighting with everything I feel like you, that I simply sucked - Even being insta nuked.

I agree we should feel more like a bruiser, instead of another tank build, but lets see what next few patches brings, and especially the next big patch. But again, balancing is not all that needs fixes.

Dual daggers is actually playable (lol), since most people aren’t used to disrupting stab to wastrel ruin combo (it’s a quick 6k, quite high for this meta). Should be noted that if you mess this up, then a large amount of your damage is gone.

Other than that, warrior is all about either abusing a ton of CCs to control opponents but do no damage, or just weave in and out of fights like before, though to a greater extreme.

I find it strange because you have to constantly move in and out of melee range, and if you don't do this dance you are very susceptible to area of effect, direct damage and stuns. One would think that a warrior would be all about trying to be glued to the face of your enemy, but not really. Plus, you have to be very cautious to charge into group fights or you'll get stuck in chains of stuns and just die. It's extremely punishing if you make a mistake, although spellbreaker is more forgiving than core or berserker.

I also play necromancer, and the difference is night and day. With my necro, I don't have to break any and all stuns that come my way, and I can face tank anyone for a relatively long time (not saying that face tanking with necro is a good idea if you can avoid it, but it's possible).

My experience with warrior is it has been completely neutered, to play warrior effectively you need to be in melee range so you have to bring gap closers, everyone is running condi right now you need to bring all you cleanses, and everyone is using ranged abilities and gap closers that are way quicker and deadlier than warrior's. So anet decided to castrate the one thing that make warrior still capable of keeping up with the meta which was high damage gap closers and interrupts. I play warrior and i feel completely useless.

Warrior relied to heavily in its skill design to incorporate DAMAGING cc's into its rotation and bursts. It made sense to because its skills are so predictable and telling that cc before burst was needed but now that the dps is stripped from in the cc warrior lost a lot of its dps potential from cc and gained bon in other areas so feels weak, doesn't even feel like a warrior anymore. Most other classes didn't rely on a lot of their burst coming from cc and also didn't rely on them so heavy to get their burst off so they weren't hit as hard by the change. As usual people that dont play warrior much will say it's fine cuz it's one more class to not worry about being hard to fight lol.

I haven't posted anything on these forums ever since the release of the game. But I'm posting today because I just hit level 60 for my soon to be condi rev!! I was a warrior main for sooooo long, but everything has now changed thanks to yalls unbalance team......With that being said, Anet team, THANK YOU for killing warrior and making it COMPLETELY pointless to play in PvP/WvW Roams.

Hopefully, I can learn this brainless bunker condi meta like everyone else and unbind my dodge key to success :DNo warriors, No fun, no kills, no damage, and most importantly, no reason to play berserker still.

Wish me luck senpai rev masters~

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Now that some time has passed since big patch how are feeling in pvp modes?Please only people that actually play warrior respond lol.

Bad imo, spellbreaker is kind of pointless since once your overly long CD's are gone you're just an easily CCable target. Spellbreak and stuns are a bit pointless since so many classes have access to a fairly accesss to stability to mitigate them. Damage is low comparatively especially with damage gone from stuns and CCs and not replaced in anyway into the class, boon removal is better done by other classes and/or not needed (its nice dont get me wrong but with boon application its not match defining).

All in all they are in a very bad place and I'd go so far as to say they're close to the bottom of viable classes right now, and you're far better off not playing them.