Delete birds please

@Justine.6351 said:

You wanna play a build you can relax, and you can't relax vs fighting bird rangers....

And when you play birds you're turning your brain off?

Like your build is no longer good and you're gonna have to adapt. I ain't out here crying about how power soulbeast is dead and other things should be nerfed because I can't relax and play zerk soulbeast. I just picked up birds lol

I mean we both have different playstyles and it's the same as when you say WS is an issue. I might disagree with it, but your opinion is your opinion and I can still see where you're coming from.

Regardless, the changes to Soulbeast have forced it from a versatile duelist (not talking about bunker boonbeast, that build was brainless) to a gimmick burst build. The changes to Core Ranger have lowered both the skill ceiling and floor from where this class was a few months ago.

And how is that different than EVERY other change to class mechanics they've done since PoF? They want to make sure 13 yr olds can play the game successfully, who cares that the average age for MMO players has gone up?0

I've already said that I disagree with the direction they're taking. I heavily preferred the meta before the february patch.

Doesn't make it right, there comes a time when we as Consumers have to either step up and make our demands, or stop playing altogether.One of the two will happen. It's up to every single one of us to decide which one we'd rather go with.

Okay I get what you're saying but this thread is about birds and CMC has been doing what he can with what he's allowed to do so give it some time. I have faith in that man. The skills team has been more of a problem in terms of what's been OP and UP.

They will nerf the bird, that doesn't mean they'll give anything back to Ranger. I already gave you an example of why that won't happen. You know it!

I'm just reveling in that you're finally at the acceptance stage of what is left of Ranger.

Once all of the OP stuff gets dealt with, it becomes easier to buff classes in the areas they're struggling in.

Do you actually believe that?If you do, I have a bucket of internet to sell you.

It's like some people haven't been around for the past year watching class after class getting dumpstered :)

You better hope I don’t catch you by yourself now that I got 9 accounts. I sent you those flowers for your funeral.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ArlsTipsierAlt.9138 said:

You wanna play a build you can relax, and you can't relax vs fighting bird rangers....

Like your build is no longer good and you're gonna have to adapt. I ain't out here crying about how power soulbeast is dead and other things should be nerfed because I can't relax and play zerk soulbeast. I just picked up birds lol

I mean we both have different playstyles and it's the same as when you say WS is an issue. I might disagree with it, but your opinion is your opinion and I can still see where you're coming from.

Regardless, the changes to Soulbeast have forced it from a versatile duelist (not talking about bunker boonbeast, that build was brainless) to a gimmick burst build. The changes to Core Ranger have lowered both the skill ceiling and floor from where this class was a few months ago.

And how is that different than EVERY other change to class mechanics they've done since PoF? They want to make sure 13 yr olds can play the game successfully, who cares that the average age for MMO players has gone up?0

I've already said that I disagree with the direction they're taking. I heavily preferred the meta before the february patch.

Doesn't make it right, there comes a time when we as Consumers have to either step up and make our demands, or stop playing altogether.One of the two will happen. It's up to every single one of us to decide which one we'd rather go with.

Okay I get what you're saying but this thread is about birds and CMC has been doing what he can with what he's allowed to do so give it some time. I have faith in that man. The skills team has been more of a problem in terms of what's been OP and UP.

They will nerf the bird, that doesn't mean they'll give anything back to Ranger. I already gave you an example of why that won't happen. You know it!

I'm just reveling in that you're finally at the acceptance stage of what is left of Ranger.

Once all of the OP stuff gets dealt with, it becomes easier to buff classes in the areas they're struggling in.

Do you actually believe that?If you do, I have a bucket of internet to sell you.

It's like some people haven't been around for the past year watching class after class getting dumpstered :)

You better hope I don’t catch you by yourself now that I got 9 accounts. I sent you those flowers for your funeral.

Sending me flour and salt so I can bake cookies? Yum :)

@Justine.6351 said:

I’ll bring the milk...

@ArlsTipsierAlt.9138 said:

I’ll bring the milk...

With egg on your face no doubt.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I use the hawk in my condi ranger build, never really noticed it doing all that much damage tho, will have to take a closer look at combat logs next time i pvp.

Hawk doesn't do the same amount of damage as owl or raven.

Well that would be why I haven’t seen these large numbered hits from it.

Just have Anet look at owl and the raven and leave my hawk alone... ahha

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Birds are cancer. I just outplayed another ranger super hard 1v2 for several minutes, bird hits me once, 40% of my health gone on demo and went from winning to losing in a second.

Snow Owl and Raven are so broken. I don't care how easily they die, I should not have to avoid EVERY single attack from these pets because their base damage is so kitten high. One hit from these pets are all it takes to change the outcome of a fight. Without marksmanship, my Smokescale autos hit for 580 damage normally or 830 on crit. Bird autos are over here doing 2,000 damage NON CRITS or 3,000 + on crits. The damage difference is insane.

what happened to hold W and gain utter immunity to pet damage forever?

It still works but they do too much damage when the attacks land.

To those complaining about the damage I have some advise from a top 100 every season NA and EU player:

"After a core ranger pet swaps, you have 16 seconds to kill a 16k HP bird. It can't condi clear for itself, so if you apply some weakness or damaging condis on it, they are going to tick out for their entire durations. The ranger can't condi clear the pet either because the clear from traited Survival utilities only affects the player. After you do this, the ranger becomes essentially useless for the next 40 seconds and after he pet swaps again, you can just kill it once more to shut the ranger down indefinitely."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1181845#Comment_1181845

@"apharma.3741" said:To those complaining about the damage I have some advise from a top 100 every season NA and EU player:

"After a core ranger pet swaps, you have 16 seconds to kill a 16k HP bird. It can't condi clear for itself, so if you apply some weakness or damaging condis on it, they are going to tick out for their entire durations. The ranger can't condi clear the pet either because the clear from traited Survival utilities only affects the player. After you do this, the ranger becomes essentially useless for the next 40 seconds and after he pet swaps again, you can just kill it once more to shut the ranger down indefinitely."

That's like ..every GW2 player ever, put them at the receiving end of the builds they use while using a different profession or build themselves..and they will change their "music list" on the forum

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:To those complaining about the damage I have some advise from a top 100 every season NA and EU player:

That's like ..every GW2 player ever, put them at the receiving end of the builds they use while using a different profession or build themselves..and they will change their "music list" on the forum

no longer uses knights amulet with on and off protection, suddenly pet chunks him for 1/4 HP with auto, wwaaaait I dont like this!welcome to the rest of the club pal :D

Still have no clue why they nerfed skills with the most obvious tells on ranger. I already said in other topics that only birds (hawk, eagle) F2 needed a change because it is frequent, got damage and little to no animation so you need to change at least one but whatever. They listened to forums where people want anything on ranger nerfed even if it does not make sense. That is how it has been for more than a year now.

OMG Priceless!!!