Please Remove Rune of Trapper

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:HAAAAA Well would you look at that guys?

Stealth class be like : "rune of the trapper allow dragon hunters to hide important animations diminishing counterplay
and I am like : " wasn't losing to stealth builds just a huge L2P issue accordingly to thieves and mesmers? "

The kind of irony you only find within @Crab Fear.1624 threads....

Such hypocrisy ...it's a L2P issue as long as you're the one abusing it am I right?

I said I would give up stealth, but I expect compensation.

Ill take some aegis and Shield of Wrath as one of my thief weapon skills.

Go right ahead, they are both trash. I'll take invis on demand as a weapon skill over blocking 3 attacks any day.

Just remember that that invis on demand comes with a 1.25 second cast time. You will quickly realise why it is that thieves dont use stealth in-combat, and why they would gladly toss it away in favour of blocking 3 attacks.

LOL tell me some more good lies please. Thieves DO use TONS of stealth BECAUSE they can cast BEFORE its possible to Target and cast damage, interupt, etc on them before they STEALTH AGAIN AND CAN REMOVE REVEAL WITH A GD STEALTH, What the actual kitten!

They dont. Only out of combat. In combat its terrible, because the enemy just uses the fact that you locked yourself in a long cast time to kill you, while you gain nothing from it.

Often times they only/best way to counter a thief is to cleave at the air around you while turing 180 over and over cause you cannot see or counter them via targeted attacks and they will BS you, shadowstep in stealth and repeat or build malice on things like clones then 1shot from 1500 range with bascially instant cast invis and the ability to remove revealed kitten

If thats the only thing you can do against a thief using in-combat stealth, then Im sorry, you suck.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Never stated that traps are condi I was referring to guards and its specs having access to burning which in its self is overperforming as all condis are right now but burning is worst offender of them. Traps power damage mixed with symbols alone just themselves outright 100-0 a high hp spec in matter of seconds all while hard ccing them preventing them from leaving the aoe and trap area which is fine the damage wasn't so easily combined with the guard attacks well, deleting even high sustain classes. If u get caught without stab or a tele ur insta deleted and even if it's not the greatest tactic in grand scheme it's still far to much damage. Also why arnt CD's started when traps triggered instead of when dropped promoting being able to drop a second the instant its triggered,stupid design.

There really isn't any solution here beyond L2P. Dragon's Maw does 600 damage, Test of Faith does 1400 if you pass through its edge. Procession of blades is the only good source of damage on ANY trap, and its an over time effect. If you are getting 100-0'd quickly, the problem is with you trying to face tank damage on a zerker build, because there is no other way. Playing marauder DH you can't even 100-0 most classes with all traps and both symbols if they stood in the center for the entire duration. The numbers don't allow it. Also, if you don't run into the Maw's edge you only get cc'd once for 1s. Or you can use stab, blinks, evades, ect to get out of the maw. The only time Maw is viable is if they have literally no escape. Every viable build has a form of escape and DH don't have a lot of abilities that force their use. All the cc's are short duration and choreographed except shield 5. This is L2P at its core.

You are somehow lumping burn into a DH discussion as if you believe that burning does a relevant portion of the damage DH's do. Burning might be a good source of damage when you spec into it, but if you are running no condi improvements, the damage is nearly irrelevant. Procing one burning stack every FIVE hits, doing 400 damage over 2s... thats somehow relevant to some point you were trying to make? Come on man.

Traps don't go on CD when triggered because that would make them liabilities in many situations. Opponent sees you lay trap, they just never hit it and your ability never goes back on CD. Thats how traps have worked since the game release.

@Eugchriss.2046 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Also why arnt CD's started when traps triggered instead of when dropped promoting being able to drop a second the instant its triggered,stupid design.For the same reason, you do not get revealed when you start casting a skill but when you actually hit something. Stupid design indeed.

Can't argue that, stealth would be far healthier in the game if u were revealed for .5 secs before a skill hits.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:I get bored anytime I'm against this rune from a ranger or a DH. it doesn't hold nodes, it basically griefs their team by playing it, and it's unfun to fight against. Can it just not exist?

You're killing your own argument... Those aren't compelling enough reasons to remove it.

Keep the rune, remove the stealth and grant aegis.