Please Remove Rune of Trapper

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:HAAAAA Well would you look at that guys?

Stealth class be like : "rune of the trapper allow dragon hunters to hide important animations diminishing counterplay
and I am like : " wasn't losing to stealth builds just a huge L2P issue accordingly to thieves and mesmers? "

The kind of irony you only find within @Crab Fear.1624 threads....

Such hypocrisy ...it's a L2P issue as long as you're the one abusing it am I right?

I said I would give up stealth, but I expect compensation.

Ill take some aegis and Shield of Wrath as one of my thief weapon skills.

Go right ahead, they are both trash. I'll take invis on demand as a weapon skill over blocking 3 attacks any day.

Just remember that that invis on demand comes with a 1.25 second cast time. You will quickly realise why it is that thieves dont use stealth in-combat, and why they would gladly toss it away in favour of blocking 3 attacks.

Cloak and Dagger is .5 second cast time :)

@Meme Builds Only.5107 said:

Stealth class be like : "rune of the trapper allow dragon hunters to hide important animations diminishing counterplay
and I am like : " wasn't losing to stealth builds just a huge L2P issue accordingly to thieves and mesmers? "

Such hypocrisy ...it's a L2P issue as long as you're the one abusing it am I right?

Go right ahead, they are both trash. I'll take invis on demand as a weapon skill over blocking 3 attacks any day.

Just remember that that invis on demand comes with a 1.25 second cast time. You will quickly realise why it is that thieves dont use stealth in-combat, and why they would gladly toss it away in favour of blocking 3 attacks.

Cloak and Dagger is also really bad.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

it is why YOU and other bad thiefs that have problems with stealthing in combat, go watch actual good thiefs, look at bluri,shorts, or even Puke vallun and try to find their " problems " with stealthing in combat, i honestly dont think I ever saw any good thief get punished for stealthing in combat, worst that can happen necro throwing mark in

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

it is why YOU and other bad thiefs that have problems with stealthing in combat, go watch actual good thiefs, look at bluri,shorts, or even Puke vallun and try to find their " problems " with stealthing in combat, i honestly dont think I ever saw any good thief get punished for stealthing in combat, worst that can happen necro throwing mark in

No, its why good thieves dont use it. Its funny that you say "go watch actual good thieves", while showing clearly that you havent. Go watch bluri yourself. See how often he stealthes up in combat. Or if youre too lazy, Ill give you a spoiler. The average number of times he stealthes up in-combat over the course of an entire 15 minute match is 0-1 times. Most of the time, its just 0. And the rare exception where he stealths up once? Its against prot holo who cant punish it. So much for that. And no, the worst that can happen, which is also the average thing that happens, is that the Thief gets immediately downed. Whether its warrior bullrushing into their burst, Revenants just going for the burst directly, condi builds condi-bombing or what have you.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

No, its why
good
thieves dont use it. Its funny that you say "go watch actual good thieves", while showing clearly that you havent. Go watch bluri yourself. See how often he stealthes up in combat. Or if youre too lazy, Ill give you a spoiler. The average number of times he stealthes up in-combat over the course of an entire 15 minute match is 0-1 times. Most of the time, its just
. And the rare exception where he stealths up once? Its against prot holo who cant punish it. So much for that. And no, the worst that can happen, which is also the
average
thing that happens, is that the Thief gets immediately downed. Whether its warrior bullrushing into their burst, Revenants just going for the burst directly, condi builds condi-bombing or what have you.

you are actually a lost cause, why am I even bothering, no wonder people gave up on you lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

No, its why
good
thieves dont use it. Its funny that you say "go watch actual good thieves", while showing clearly that you havent. Go watch bluri yourself. See how often he stealthes up in combat. Or if youre too lazy, Ill give you a spoiler. The average number of times he stealthes up in-combat over the course of an entire 15 minute match is 0-1 times. Most of the time, its just
. And the rare exception where he stealths up once? Its against prot holo who cant punish it. So much for that. And no, the worst that can happen, which is also the
average
thing that happens, is that the Thief gets immediately downed. Whether its warrior bullrushing into their burst, Revenants just going for the burst directly, condi builds condi-bombing or what have you.

you are actually a lost cause, why am I even bothering, no wonder people gave up on you lol

"you said something I know I cant refute, showing me that Im wrong, so I will act like you are a lost cause instead of responding". But lets give examples, yes?

is his most recent game on his channel. A 14 minute, 13 seconds game. He stealths up once. Otherwise? The same thing any good thief does. Shadowshot, or swap to shortbow. How about
collection of games? Same story. Only used to engage, and after having disengaged. However, we do get a couple versions where he tries it.
one for example. The result? He gets CCd and wouldve died if he didnt burn a stunbreak and had support from a teammate.

So, youre wrong. Nothing more.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

No, its why
good
average

"you said something I know I cant refute, showing me that Im wrong, so I will act like you are a lost cause instead of responding". But lets give examples, yes?
is his most recent game on his channel. A 14 minute, 13 seconds game. He stealths up once. Otherwise? The same thing any good thief does. Shadowshot, or swap to shortbow. How about
collection of games? Same story. Only used to engage, and after having disengaged. However, we do get a couple versions where he tries it.
one for example. The result? He gets CCd and wouldve died if he didnt burn a stunbreak
and
had support from a teammate.

0:47 free stealth1:17 easy stealth, he wasnt punished for stealthing, he was punished for running in melee, same way he would be punished if he just HS in, but I guess this can go both ways since he had no reason to stealth otherwise.1:23 easy stealth1:47 stealthed when being chased in melee by enemy, after sec jump was safe to do whatever, only reason he ported was because it was running out so might as well use extra mobility + it keept enemies paranoid ( making them think he is still around )1:54 ez stealth2:41 ez stealth3:19 ez stealth -> 6,1k stab followed by autos that did about 5k, what happend to thief cant do damage? lol3:54 ez stealth -> he got punished for it, but I dont get why he just didnt use HS again instead off dashing, he misplayed there and got punished for it6:05 ez stealth6:30 ez stealth -> but we can assume its out of combat6:53 ez stealth7:22 ez stealthbig gap where he mostly ran around and didnt really need stealth10:27 ez stealth10:35 ez stealth10:46 ez stealth but you might not consider it in combat11:27 ez stealth11:39 ez stea;thi stopped watching at this point you could argue that he got punished twice out of all of them, while 1 he would be deterred from attacking ele no matter what he did and 2 he made a mistakethx for making my point i guess?edit after thinking about 3:54 he did get punished, I suspect he was afraid of holo reveal trait, revealing him by holo leap or just autos so ye he got punished once for this " ez to punish stealthing " only due to bullshit reveal trait that holo potentially could not even use.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

No, its why
good
average

one for example. The result? He gets CCd and wouldve died if he didnt burn a stunbreak
and
had support from a teammate.

We were talking about in-combat stealth, specifically. Out of combat stealth is still great.

0:47 free stealth

Out of combat stealth, not relevant.

1:17 easy stealth, he wasnt punished for stealthing, he was punished for running in melee, same way he would be punished if he just HS in, but I guess this can go both ways since he had no reason to stealth otherwise.

He doesnt stealth here.

1:23 easy stealth

Out of combat.

1:47 stealthed when being chased in melee by enemy, after sec jump was safe to do whatever, only reason he ported was because it was running out so might as well use extra mobility + it keept enemies paranoid ( making them think he is still around )

Already disengaged. As such, out of combat stealth. Still not relevant.

1:54 ez stealth2:41 ez stealth

Both out of combat.

3:19 ez stealth -> 6,1k stab followed by autos that did about 5k, what happend to thief cant do damage? lol

Out of combat.

3:54 ez stealth -> he got punished for it, but I dont get why he just didnt use HS again instead off dashing, he misplayed there and got punished for it

Out of combat. He wasnt punished since it was out of combat.

6:05 ez stealth

Out of combat

6:30 ez stealth -> but we can assume its out of combat

As are all the previous ones.

6:53 ez stealth7:22 ez stealth

Out of combat.

big gap where he mostly ran around and didnt really need stealth10:27 ez stealth10:35 ez stealth

First one is out of combat. Second is dropping off the precipe, leaving the combat, then stealthing up.

10:46 ez stealth but you might not consider it in combat

As are all of the previous ones.

11:27 ez stealth

This is the only time he stealthes in-combat in the entire game. He is indeed not punished. Becaue he does it against a prot holo.

11:39 ez stea;th

Out of combat.

i stopped watching at this point you could argue that he got punished twice out of all of them, while 1 he would be deterred from attacking ele no matter what he did and 2 he made a mistake

He didnt get punished. He however also only stealthed up in-combat once.

thx for making my point i guess?

I didnt. You just decided to list a bunch of examples of out of combat stealth as if they were in-combat. To make up for the complete lack of that category.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"UNOwen.7132" should have said combat counts only if your enemy is at most 300 units away from youif he gets shot by holo, holds W and then stealths 1s later and you dont count it as combat then I guess nothing is combat now is it?

Alright let me elaborate. I count "in-combat" as being in active fighting with your opponent actively trying to kill you. Anything else is out of combat. In that scenario, once he dropped off the precipe, he already successfully disengaged. The holo couldnt punish him, because the holo wasnt able to fight him anymore. The holo of course already turned around and didnt bother chasing him. Yes, if the opponent cant hit you, stealth cant be punished. But then stealth also didnt protect you, now did it? Because you were already in a position where the opponent couldnt be hitting you . People here keep acting like the thief can just decide, in the middle of fighting, to stealth up and vanish and become completely impervious. Thats of course nonsense. We saw that in the later clip where he got CCd and wouldve died.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132 should have said combat counts only if your enemy is at most 300 units away from youif he gets shot by holo, holds W and then stealths 1s later and you dont count it as combat then I guess nothing is combat now is it?

Alright let me elaborate. I count "in-combat" as being in active fighting with your opponent actively trying to kill you. Anything else is out of combat. In that scenario, once he dropped off the precipe, he already successfully disengaged. The holo couldnt punish him, because the holo wasnt able to fight him anymore. The holo of course already turned around and didnt bother chasing him. Yes, if the opponent cant hit you, stealth cant be punished. But then stealth also didnt protect you, now did it? Because you were already in a position where
the opponent couldnt be hitting you
. People here keep acting like the thief can just decide, in the middle of fighting, to stealth up and vanish and become completely impervious. Thats of course nonsense. We saw that in the later clip where he got CCd and wouldve died.

lol, this is where you are wrong. people dont decide that thief can just poof and vanish, but thief CAN use other tools to make room so they can poof and vanish, if he was any other class holo would propably chase and gape him, but since he is a thief he had no chance, he doesnt have to p5+hs he can use dash and then do it.If someone is right behind you waiting for cooldown to attack you, that is still combat.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132 should have said combat counts only if your enemy is at most 300 units away from youif he gets shot by holo, holds W and then stealths 1s later and you dont count it as combat then I guess nothing is combat now is it?

Alright let me elaborate. I count "in-combat" as being in active fighting with your opponent actively trying to kill you. Anything else is out of combat. In that scenario, once he dropped off the precipe, he already successfully disengaged. The holo couldnt punish him, because the holo wasnt able to fight him anymore. The holo of course already turned around and didnt bother chasing him. Yes, if the opponent cant hit you, stealth cant be punished. But then stealth also didnt protect you, now did it? Because you were already in a position where
. People here keep acting like the thief can just decide, in the middle of fighting, to stealth up and vanish and become completely impervious. Thats of course nonsense. We saw that in the later clip where he got CCd and wouldve died.

lol, this is where you are wrong. people dont decide that thief can just poof and vanish, but thief CAN use other tools to make room so they can poof and vanish, if he was any other class holo would propably chase and gape him, but since he is a thief he had no chance, he doesnt have to p5+hs he can use dash and then do it.

First of all, no. People legitimately think that the thief can just poof and vanish, without doing anything else. Second, he does, but usually then he A doesnt need to stealth up to be safe because youre already not going to catch up to them any way or B cant stealth up because he used shortbow 5. And no, if it was any other class holo would not chase. Theyre a sidenoder, chasing for a kill sounds like a waste of time, and most builds could escape with ease there anyway. Holos chase potential is worse on not-flat ground.

If someone is right behind you waiting for cooldown to attack you, that is still combat.

Given that at that point you can just run away and they have nothing they can do to stop you, stealth or no stealth, no that is no longer combat.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

lol, this is where you are wrong. people dont decide that thief can just poof and vanish, but thief CAN use other tools to make room so they can poof and vanish, if he was any other class holo would propably chase and gape him, but since he is a thief he had no chance, he doesnt have to p5+hs he can use dash and then do it.

First of all, no. People legitimately think that the thief can just poof and vanish, without doing anything else. Second, he does, but usually then he A doesnt need to stealth up to be safe because youre already not going to catch up to them any way or B
cant
stealth up because he used shortbow 5. And no, if it was any other class holo would not chase. Theyre a sidenoder, chasing for a kill sounds like a waste of time, and most builds could escape with ease there anyway. Holos chase potential is worse on not-flat ground.

If someone is right behind you waiting for cooldown to attack you, that is still combat.

Given that at that point you can just run away and they have nothing they can do to stop you, stealth or no stealth, no that is no longer combat.

if you can get the kill you ALWAYS chase, the only time you dont chase is when you 1 cant get the kill, 2 you are unsure so you play it safe and 3 by the time you get the kill your team loses because you are needed RIGHT NOW.As for thief, the sheer fact that thief CAN do what he does means that people cant punish you, I bet you if I as power/condi mirage chased after EVERY thief that wants to stealth or escape I would sometimes catch them, problem is that 90%+ of the time I wont and every time I fail I lose too much for it to be worth it.

EDIT and I wasnt even counting stealthing with other means then p5+hs, every heal used every shadow portal clutch escape...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

First of all, no. People legitimately think that the thief can just poof and vanish, without doing anything else. Second, he does, but usually then he A doesnt need to stealth up to be safe because youre already not going to catch up to them any way or B
cant
stealth up because he used shortbow 5. And no, if it was any other class holo would not chase. Theyre a sidenoder, chasing for a kill sounds like a waste of time, and most builds could escape with ease there anyway. Holos chase potential is worse on not-flat ground.

if you can get the kill you ALWAYS chase, the only time you dont chase is when you 1 cant get the kill, 2 you are unsure so you play it safe and 3 by the time you get the kill your team loses because you are needed RIGHT NOW

Context. in that scenario, his necro was fighting the ele. Ensuring that that fight goes smoothly makes more sense than chasing. For that matter, even if he was able to catch up, there was no guarantee he would even get the kill..

As for thief, the sheer fact that thief CAN do what he does means that people cant punish you, I bet you if I as power/condi mirage chased after EVERY thief that wants to stealth or escape I would sometimes catch them, problem is that 90%+ of the time I wont and every time I fail I lose too much for it to be worth it.

Yes thief is amazing at running away. Shortbow 5 is their defining skill after all. But stealth has nothing to do with it. In fact, using stealth is one of the few ways you might die, if you try to use it as defense.

You are blaming DH and rune of the trapper for a problem caused by the fact that stealth in this game is very monkey and mechanically hand-holding.

Every stealth spam build, regardless if it is a meme build , SS tier meta, or F tier trash, will always be annoying to fight for as long as stealth continues to be reveal-on-hit instead of reveal-on-cast like it is in nearly every other PvP game. This creates tons of problems, such as if a skill from stealth gets blocked the player who used it remains in stealth. Most classes lacking a decent reveal skill doesn't help either.

It's not "broken" it's just a bad way for stealth to work mechanically for a PvP game mode. It means that any build that uses stealth ends up getting nerfed around stealth, because it's lack of decent counterplay means the balance team must continuously nerf it to the point were it's unviable. This is partially why thief damage keeps getting nerfed to the toilet, because they have to balance for the fact that the class is capable of doing their damage in a manner that is practically unavoidable.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:You are blaming DH and rune of the trapper for a problem caused by the fact that stealth in this game is very monkey and mechanically hand-holding.

Every stealth spam build, regardless if it is a meme build , SS tier meta, or F tier trash, will always be annoying to fight for as long as stealth continues to be reveal-on-hit instead of reveal-on-cast like it is in nearly every other PvP game. This creates tons of problems, such as if a skill from stealth gets blocked the player who used it remains in stealth. Most classes lacking a decent reveal skill doesn't help either.

It's not "broken" it's just a bad way for stealth to work mechanically for a PvP game mode. It means that any build that uses stealth ends up getting nerfed around stealth, because it's lack of decent counterplay means the balance team must continuously nerf it to the point were it's unviable. This is partially why thief damage keeps getting nerfed to the toilet, because they have to balance for the fact that the class is capable of doing their damage in a manner that is practically unavoidable.

Thats not why thief damage gets nerfed. Remember, S/D, S/P, P/P and Staff all got their damage nerfed repeatedly, and none of them use stealth.

So, why not be a thief main?

Because I don't enjoy the class. Although I've been kitten around on condi thief lately with big success.

well, i like playing guardian.

i think its my #2 most played class.

decided to learn it when it was my "hard counter"

@Meme Builds Only.5107 said:

didn't really counter his point by reading the tooltips....

actually, did you even make a point?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Well, he did say it has 1.25s cast time. Which just isn't true.

It is true for the only viable stealth weapon theif has access to. CnD is not viable.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

It is true for the only viable stealth weapon theif has access to. CnD is not viable.

It's literally like any other melee ability out there. Can even couple it with teleports if you struggle to land it. Or immob.

Edit, or hit clones, pets, minions, beasts, doors.