About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@yoni.7015 said:

@Solanum.6983 said:Well kitten, I logged out 10 minutes after the rollback so not to cause any problems. Serves me right for trying to help :s

If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

No one is expecting reward and that's why everyone is so shocked that some of the people are getting one. No reward at all was the better option.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Solanum.6983 said:Well kitten, I logged out 10 minutes after the rollback so not to cause any problems. Serves me right for trying to help :s

If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

No one is expecting reward and that's why everyone is so shocked that some of the people are getting one. No reward at all was the better option.

They are getting compensation for the progress they lost. Anet made that clear in their announcement.

The compensation gifts work precisely as compensation! They are doing their best working, and for people that actually lost is kind of nice knowing they worry about them. For other people it would be just unfair. I understand how you feel but they have been doing an amazing job solving all these minor setbacks and making the game even greater! Congratulations on all Anet team!

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

They are getting compensation for the progress they lost. Anet made that clear in their announcement.

Login for 1 minute is not equal to 1200 gems item and you are silly to think otherwise

@yoni.7015 said:If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

In all seriousness, I didnt expect a reward/compensation/whatever, nor do i think i am entitled to get one.But giving one to everyone but those who did the right thing is a slap in the face and a really weird move.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

Login for 1 minute is not equal to 1200 gems item and you are silly to think otherwise

U are silly to envy them

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

So everyone who got the mount skin was ingame for 1 minute? Which source do you use for that?It would be way to much work to check each individual account so they made the smart move and compensated every account that was online.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@yoni.7015 said:If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

In all seriousness, I didnt expect a reward, nor do i think i am entitled to get one.But not giving a reward to those who did the right thing, while giving one to everyone else is a slap in the face and a really weird move.

That ^But at some point arguing with someone who is thinking otherwise is like talking to a tree.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

In all seriousness, I didnt expect a reward/compensation/whatever, nor do i think i am entitled to get one.But giving one to everyone but those who did the right thing is a slap in the face and a really weird move.

Why should people be compensated when they lost nothing?Imagine a concert is being cancelled and people who already had tickets are compensated, people without a ticket of course not.

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

So everyone who got the mount skin was ingame for 1 minute? Which source do you use for that?It would be way to much work to check each individual account so they made the smart move and compensated every account that was online.

1200 gems are equal to 374 gold. So you are telling me every single person logged for the short period on Monday made 374 gold? I'm not against the compensation... I'm against the expensive item that they choose to compensate with.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

1200 gems are equal to 374 gold. So you are telling me every single person logged for the short period on Monday made 374 gold? I'm not against the compensation... I'm against the expensive item that they choose to compensate with.

No I am not saying that. What is wrong with an expensive item? Be happy for everyone who got it.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

Previously PPL were memeing about free exp booster which would obviously be to cheep. They gave item which is expensive and its still bad. Lmao

@yoni.7015 said:

Why should people be compensated when they lost nothing?Imagine a concert is being cancelled and people who already had tickets are compensated, people without a ticket of course not.

Imagine the concert is being cancelled because of Covid-19.Some people had a ticket and travelled there, risking the health of everyone around them.Some people had a ticket but stayed home because they knew it was the right thing to do.

Now only those who travelled there get a compensation, lets say a ticket for another concert (the mount skin), while those who stayed home get a piece of wood (the bonfire).How is that fair?

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

No I am not saying that. What is wrong with an expensive item? Be happy for everyone who got it.

I am happy about them ! Why aren't you unhappy about those who didn't is the question. You are telling me those guys who didn't logged in because of precaution didn't lose their gaming hours on Monday ? We were all waiting and waiting for any news what is going to happen. That's a big rollercoaster of emotions for everyone.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

Imagine the concert is being cancelled because of Covid-19.Some people had a ticket and travelled there, risking the health of everyone else.Some people had a ticket but stayed home because they knew it was the right thing to do.

Now only those who travelled there get a compensation, lets say a ticket for another concert, while those who stayed home go out empty handed.How is that fair?

Your example doesn’t fit, sorry. The ticket is the important thing in my example.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

Imagine the concert is being cancelled because of Covid-19.Some people had a ticket and travelled there, risking the health of everyone else.Some people had a ticket but stayed home because they knew it was the right thing to do.

Now only those who travelled there get a compensation, lets say a ticket for another concert (the mount skin), while those who stayed home get a piece of wood (the bonfire).How is that fair?

Comparision 10/10 lmao

@yoni.7015 said:

Now only those who travelled there get a compensation, lets say a ticket for another concert, while those who stayed home go out empty handed.How is that fair?

Your example doesn’t fit, sorry. The ticket is the important thing in my example.

my example fits perfectly. you just dont get it. :smiley:The "ticket" in this case is a computer and a gw2 account. Not the time played.

@yoni.7015 said:

My Problem isn't with the reward, I'd actually have rather they not give us anything then reward those who stayed in the game. It sends the message that if there's ever a problem with the servers in the future everyone should flock to them. That's only going to cause more problems.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

I am happy about them ! Why aren't you unhappy about those who didn't is the question. You are telling me those guys who didn't logged in because of precaution didn't lose their gaming hours on Monday ? We were all waiting and waiting for any news what is going to happen. That's a big rollercoaster of emotions for everyone.

We all had to wait and we all got a bonfire for that.

I feel that people who were affected in the same manner should be compensated in the same manner. Splitting the group of people who lost no progress at all into 2 groups based on whether or not they happened to log on, makes this a lottery for them, not a compensation. I realize that it wasn't feasible to determine who among the people who did log on actually lost progress, but I don't think this course of action was a good idea. Compensating people who lost progress is fine, but this made an unnecessary split in the rest of the community: lottery winners and lottery losers.

@yoni.7015 said:Why should people be compensated when they lost nothing?

Some people lost nothing and got compensated. Why should some people that lost nothing get compansated and others that lost nothing are not getting compensated? You absolutely fail to see the whole point. Even though lots of people tried to explain it.

Some people logged in for 1 minute and go the reward. They lost nothing. To treat everyone equally others that did not log in should get the reward as well.

Of course ArenaNet does not need to to this. (But then they will have more unhappy customers than in the case where everyone would get the reward.)

Current status is a bit weird since it contradicts the other parts of the game where people playing the same stuff get the same stuff (or at least the chance at the same stuff). ArenaNet isn't usually giving big rewards (or chances at them) randomly indepentend of the player's effort.