About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Solanum.6983 said:Well kitten, I logged out 10 minutes after the rollback so not to cause any problems. Serves me right for trying to help :s

If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

No one is expecting reward and that's why everyone is so shocked that some of the people are getting one. No reward at all was the better option.

They are getting compensation for the progress they lost. Anet made that clear in their announcement.

Login for 1 minute is not equal to 1200 gems item and you are silly to think otherwise

So everyone who got the mount skin was ingame for 1 minute? Which source do you use for that?It would be way to much work to check each individual account so they made the smart move and compensated every account that was online.

1200 gems are equal to 374 gold. So you are telling me every single person logged for the short period on Monday made 374 gold? I'm not against the compensation... I'm against the expensive item that they choose to compensate with.

No I am not saying that. What is wrong with an expensive item? Be happy for everyone who got it.

I am happy about them ! Why aren't you unhappy about those who didn't is the question. You are telling me those guys who didn't logged in because of precaution didn't lose their gaming hours on Monday ? We were all waiting and waiting for any news what is going to happen. That's a big rollercoaster of emotions for everyone.

We all had to wait and we all got a bonfire for that.

So now you are comparing

a) infinite shiny mount skin of your choosing worth 1200 gems + a 50% booster for 1 hourwithb) a 50% booster for 1 hour

Math where are you, please !

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@Solanum.6983 said:Well kitten, I logged out 10 minutes after the rollback so not to cause any problems. Serves me right for trying to help :s

If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

No one is expecting reward and that's why everyone is so shocked that some of the people are getting one. No reward at all was the better option.

They are getting compensation for the progress they lost. Anet made that clear in their announcement.

Login for 1 minute is not equal to 1200 gems item and you are silly to think otherwise

So everyone who got the mount skin was ingame for 1 minute? Which source do you use for that?It would be way to much work to check each individual account so they made the smart move and compensated every account that was online.

1200 gems are equal to 374 gold. So you are telling me every single person logged for the short period on Monday made 374 gold? I'm not against the compensation... I'm against the expensive item that they choose to compensate with.

No I am not saying that. What is wrong with an expensive item? Be happy for everyone who got it.

I am happy about them ! Why aren't you unhappy about those who didn't is the question. You are telling me those guys who didn't logged in because of precaution didn't lose their gaming hours on Monday ? We were all waiting and waiting for any news what is going to happen. That's a big rollercoaster of emotions for everyone.

So now you are comparing

a) infinite shiny mount skin of your choosing worth 1200 gems + a 50% booster for 1 hourwithb) a 50% booster for 1 hour

I am not comparing. I just stated that we all got the bonfire and people who lost something got the skin.It seems that jealousy is the real issue here.

As I see it, those that actually played during that time lost really time. The other ones that didn't play, did other stuff in RL and didn't lose time.They just were not able to play the game.

So, the ones that played are really the ones that lost time.

That said, I think it's a bit stingy to only compensate those that were logged in, especially considering the poor server performance and other connectivity issues going on for days. I think everyone should get their mount that played during th past few days, since all were affected in one way or another

to me there are 3 kinds of people:1-those who did lost progress. they were compensated2-those who didn't play and didn't lose progress. they weren't compensated.3-those who played but didn't lose progress. they were compensated.I think everyone agrees that group 1 should be compensated, and group 2 shouldnt. the issue is group 3, because they got compensation even though they didn't lose anything.So this whole issue is people being mad at others who got something for free. says a lot about them.

@yoni.7015 said:

@yoni.7015 said:If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

In all seriousness, I didnt expect a reward/compensation/whatever, nor do i think i am entitled to get one.But giving one to everyone but those who did the right thing is a slap in the face and a really weird move.

Why should people be compensated when they lost nothing?Imagine a concert is being cancelled and people who already had tickets are compensated, people without a ticket of course not.

It'd be more of a concert that got cancelled and those that still showed up anyway got compensated.The people that didn't log in also lost potential progress but knew the game wasn't right so decided not to. Realistically it should have been anyone who played during the rollback period and not those that played once the servers messed up.

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

So now you are comparing

I am not comparing. I just stated that we all got the bonfire and people who lost something got the skin.It seems that jealousy is the real issue here.

Once again... logging in and logging out is not losing something.

@coso.9173 said:to me there are 3 kinds of people:1-those who did lost progress. they were compensated2-those who didn't play and didn't lose progress. they weren't compensated.3-those who played but didn't lose progress. they were compensated.I think everyone agrees that group 1 should be compensated, and group 2 shouldnt. the issue is group 3, because they got compensation even though they didn't lose anything.So this whole issue is people being mad at others who got something for free. says a lot about them.

Exactly. Some people can’t accept that other people got something.

@Hyrai.8720 said:

@"yoni.7015" said:If I were you it would be enough reward knowing that I helped. I wouldnt expect a reward for everything I do.

In all seriousness, I didnt expect a reward/compensation/whatever, nor do i think i am entitled to get one.But giving one to everyone but those who did the right thing is a slap in the face and a really weird move.

From what I'Ve seen, the people that claim they did "the right thing" by not playing in order to help the servers are also claiming they would have instantly logged in if they knew about a potential compensation. Raises the question how much goodwill there was to begin with or if people simply didn't want to (rightfully) deal with server issues.

Also no, no matter how much you guys want to twist it, if you didn't log in and did something else during that time, you lost nothing. "But I could have played if it wasn't for the server issues". Could have, should have, would have ... the fact is you didn't play. Why should you be compensated for your "time loss", if you were busy playing Overwatch, League, or whatever other game during that time.

That said, I do think giving out a mount skin is complete overkill for this short (the servers were offline pretty quickly) inconvenience and they shouldn't have done it. Plus I'm convinced the actual loss of progress/time is almost nonexistent. If people want to waste their time suiciding in LA, that's their problem. There's no need to reward this behaviour. I also think they should extend the SAB event for an additional day since EU players couldn't participate for an entire day.

@coso.9173 said:to me there are 3 kinds of people:1-those who did lost progress. they were compensated2-those who didn't play and didn't lose progress. they weren't compensated.3-those who played but didn't lose progress. they were compensated.I think everyone agrees that group 1 should be compensated, and group 2 shouldnt. the issue is group 3, because they got compensation even though they didn't lose anything.So this whole issue is people being mad at others who got something for free. says a lot about them.

That's not the whole issue. There are plenty of people who don't think it's fair they got something for nothing while others didn't. I'm not going to delete my free skin in protest because I don't believe in meaningless gestures, but I feel this wasn't handled well.

The important thing is although a minor part of the community feels it unfair (although it is just a nice gesture for some who had some problems in playing), Anet is doing a great job with their rewards and problem solving, and should now go back to focus on the living story and new expansion, which is really the most important!

@Hyrai.8720 said:raises the question why you dont want those who didnt login to get a mount.Such people just exist. They want to have a lot of stuff for themselves for free but don't want others to enjoy the same rewards. (They'd actually feel bad if others got the same. They always want to get more than others.)

So there's 2 options on how to deal with a similar situation in the future:1) Log in with all your characters/accounts during and after a server meltdown aka make things much worse both for your account and server stability2) Stay away from the game after you hear about a rollback so you don't cause further damage to your account or worsen the already bad server congestion

Lol, guess 1 is the right choice. Go figure.

You know what's the most funny thing? I see people everywhere around the game asking why they got free item thats worth so much, treating it, calling it a "gift". There were people who didn't even knew there was an issue. I'm glad they've got compensated. ;)

@yoni.7015 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Exactly. Some people can’t accept that other people got something.

raises the question why you dont want those who didnt login to get a mount.

I am not against giving it to everyone. It is just not what happened and we deal with the things that happened.

Are you that fatalistic in real life? Do you accept everything that's not how it should be with a bowed head and a weary sigh?

@yoni.7015 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Exactly. Some people can’t accept that other people got something.

I am not against giving it to everyone.

Then why are you constantly posting questions like

@yoni.7015 said:Why should people be compensated when they lost nothing?

but when people answer "there are people who lost nothing and still got compensated" you go "well thats just the way it is".

@Hyrai.8720 said:

I am not against giving it to everyone. It is just not what happened and we deal with the things that happened.

but when people answer "there
are
people who lost nothing and still got compensated" you go "well thats just the way it is".

because he cannot figure out his feelings.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

are
people who lost nothing and still got compensated" you go "well thats just the way it is".

And now the insults begin.

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

are

And now the insults begin.

Blaming me for whining and not dealing with the situation, and now got blamed for insulting. You, sir, are the best !

I wonder, how do people justify saying that people who logged in, even for a mere second, deserve a mount, while those who patiently waited after informing themselves on the forums didn't? The right thing to do in such a breakdown case is to be patient and wait for a dev response, instead of panicking and potentially causing even more problems. To me, not logging in after reading about the rollback on the forums was the only right decision, you never know how much doing otherwise might have screwed around with your character or account. Of course that should not happen, but you never know.

Yes, it sucks for those who didn't know, for those who actually lost the progress they achieved during the rollback. Everyone who wanted to play lost that day.But unless Anet goes and looks at how much everyone actually did on that day, there's no way to fairly compensate those who did play normally. Compensating those who just popped into the game, no matter how long, so much greater than those who didn't, ... Anet should have realized this would cause an outrage though.

And again, I didn't get anything, despite being active daily. I wasn't even expecting anything in all honesty, having the game back up in a short time was fine with me. A small compensatory token would have been nice and more than enough. But some people getting a whole freaking mount for doing what can be regarded as the "wrong move" in regards to the issues that were at hand or for even trying to abuse or abusing the situation (like loging in to duplicate items) sends the wrong message in my opinion. Next time there are server issues, you can now expect people to try to log in even harder, probably magnifying the damage caused, instead of patiently waiting for the team to respond and fix the problem.

And, to be blunt, it feels really shitty to be screwed over for doing what is actually the right thing, for patiently waiting and letting the team fix the issue.There is no argument against that, no matter how hard you try to justify this, fairness looks different.