About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

I think all NA players should get a mount skin too. No, we didn't lose progress, and we were able to play on the servers the whole time..but the thing is, we NA players have to READ all these angry EU player posts on the forums and Reddit, and I think that deserves compensation.

So ANET just send the mount license to every GW2 account that has PoF, and we'll call it a day. (any account that is Core or HoT only, if they buy PoF, then they should get the free mount skin mailed to them as well)

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't login over the troubles, won't get the skin. So, so. Nevermind. Spent time playing other things, doing some other things I was meant to.Bonfire? Not exactly helpful either. Pretty much a solo player these days, so anything 'communal' is a bit superfluous.

Reality - lost nothing, gained nothing. Not much to complain about there.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I think all NA players should get a mount skin too. No, we didn't lose progress, and we were able to play on the servers the whole time..but the thing is, we NA players have to READ all these angry EU player posts on the forums and Reddit, and I think that deserves compensation.Actually I think NA players should get a skin as well. I'm EU player. I logged in and noticed the rollback (didn't read about it before on the forums). Then logged out. I got the skin.

Problem is: For some people the skin might be worth a lot ... even more than logging in 1 minute. So I can understand if NA players are angry because they did not have the opportunity to login 1 minute to get a free skin. But I have explained that reasoning a lot already. Some people understand. Others don't unterstand. (And they don't want to understand. No matter what you are going to tell them. They are happy they got their free skin for 1 minute loggin and and they are like "I don't want others to get the same stuff for free that I got for free".)

You know. A bit similar to that "stop liking what I don't like." But more like "don't get for free what I did get".

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I think all NA players should get a mount skin too. No, we didn't lose progress, and we were able to play on the servers the whole time..but the thing is, we NA players have to READ all these angry EU player posts on the forums and Reddit, and I think that deserves compensation.

So ANET just send the mount license to every GW2 account that has PoF, and we'll call it a day. (any account that is Core or HoT only, if they buy PoF, then they should get the free mount skin mailed to them as well)

1. not sure if sarcasm
  2. core and HoT player who logged after the rollback have the license as well...o idea how they gonna use it tho.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:Hi ! I am one of those guys who decided not to enter the game after the rollback of the server so his data of his account won't get corrupted. I am sure many of us did the same. Many of my guildies did so as well. We kept talking "Don't enter because it can mess up your account", "Don't enter, you'll make the developers job even harder to retrieve your data". I was at work during the rollback, observing whole day what's the status and is it safe to enter, missed my SAB daily, missed my normal daily, missed strikes, and all the dailies I'm usualy doing. I just wanted to tell my opinion about the free Licence that I won't get because of me wanting to help and help myself not losing my account and for this others get free stuff for entering the game for retrieving his/her daily login reward and then exit the game.

WELL, i did connect all the time the rollback was on and i didnt recieve anything

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Threads like these are rooted in only one thing, jealousy. Truth be told nothing anet can do will be fair or equitable.

Anet should have just given all of EU the same "prize" for their server problems. The current approach told everyone that if you see the metaphorical bus accident happen to the servers, get on the bus ASAP so you can make a claim and go collect. And I'm not sure telling everyone "quick, log in!" to unstable servers currently undergoing issues all in the hopes they'll get some cash-shop toy for free is going to help anyone the next time the servers start acting up.

@linkym.2069 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:Hi ! I am one of those guys who decided not to enter the game after the rollback of the server so his data of his account won't get corrupted. I am sure many of us did the same. Many of my guildies did so as well. We kept talking "Don't enter because it can mess up your account", "Don't enter, you'll make the developers job even harder to retrieve your data". I was at work during the rollback, observing whole day what's the status and is it safe to enter, missed my SAB daily, missed my normal daily, missed strikes, and all the dailies I'm usualy doing. I just wanted to tell my opinion about the free Licence that I won't get because of me wanting to help and help myself not losing my account and for this others get free stuff for entering the game for retrieving his/her daily login reward and then exit the game.

WELL, i did connect all the time the rollback was on and i didnt recieve anything

You will get it, don't worry about it! ;)

@"Luthan.5236" said:The main problem is that some people did not get the chance to "lose progress" (i. e. "log in 1 minute") to qualify for the reward. Some thought it would be better to not log in. Some weren't online during that time of the day.

I don't see many people that got the reward and losts of progress complaining about others that got the reward while only having logged in.

There is the problem though with people that did not log in for some reason and didn't get the reward. While others that logged in doing nothing got the reward. Had they announced they were giving out rewards for logging in for 1 minute ... then the others might have logged in as well. Bad communication. (So we can only say that it is good to log in during such problems - if possible.)

I don't see how people that did not log in are different from people (like me) that did log in for 1 minute. Everyone should have gotten the option to lose progress to work towards the reward. (For that they should have announced that logging in leads to rewards.)

Your qualification for the compensation (not reward) is not lost progress, it's having logged into the game. I logged in Monday afternoon, didn't do anything when I saw I lost gold and other currencies, and logged out again. I was in the game for 2 minutes at most. I got both the communal bonfire booster and the mount selection license. I did nothing and therefore lost nothing, so that's not the basis on which they hand out compensation items.

@Thakis.6931 said:Either compensation for everyone who played from Saturday to Monday or none at all.

The compensation isn't for having played in the weekend. It's for that small window of time on Monday, after the rollback occured and before the servers got taken down for maintenance. People who played during that time did lose progress. The people who played during the weekend (me included) got everything back that they lost because of the rollback, because the rollback was undone.

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Threads like these are rooted in only one thing, jealousy. Truth be told nothing anet can do will be fair or equitable.

You couldnt be further from the truth. I am in the "only logged in to see if kitten is on fire" camp, thus got both the Mount Skin and Bonfire. Regardless of that, I still think this is an unfair way of handling compensation. The fact that it was pointless or impossible to play the game for the most of 2 days impacted me regardless of the fact whether i logged in or not. I would still have been unable to do the SAB dailies because of maintenance and server downtime.

All this has taught me is; To make sure i get compensation next time kitten is on fire, run into the fire first. So i really encourage them to rethink their decision.

Do you want people to overload your server when its already overloaded? because this is how you get people to overload your server when its already overloaded.

2nd Edit:

What happened is:

When the unintended rollback occurred, EU player accounts were set back to Friday's status, while the Trading Post remained unaffected. That means that the link between Trading Post items that had been put up for sale after Friday and their respective seller accounts was severed. In consequence, everything that sold between the unintended EU account rollbacks on Monday and the restoration of said accounts on Tuesday was no longer linked to a seller, hence no one received the gold from those transactions.

Some people lost huge amounts of gold that way that can in no way be compensated with a free mount license. People need to be refunded their gold from said transactions.

Original Post:

I had put items worth a total of ~113 Gold up for sale during the weekend. They sold on Monday during the rollback/server shutdown. I've never received the gold I earned from those when I logged back in on Tuesday, after the fix. (Important Note: I did not play on Monday during the rollback issue!)

I contacted support immediately on Tuesday, but the response so far has been unsatisfactory. Why again were we told to contact support on behalf of such issues when it's in vain?

PLEASE, ArenaNet! Refund people the missing Gold earnings from items that were put up for sale before Monday, then sold on Monday.

rO3RUew.jpg

@KlayOut.4937 said:i guess their logic here is giving compensation only to people who logged in = less people that don't deserve it

imagine this irl :D all the people staying home getting arrested or being fined while the people going out to the parks, mountains etc. getting high fives and free icecream xD but the icecream is actually a car...

The point is there is no way to distinguish who really "deserve" a compensation (players unaware of the issue losing actual progress, players unaware of the issue who just logged in, players aware of the issue suiciding in LA, players aware of the issue trying to duplicate some legendaries, players aware of the issue deciding not to login because that could mess with their progress, players not logging in because that could mess with the servers, players not able to logging in before the servers were put down due to irl stuff). Since there is no way to make this distinction, it does not make sense to give different compensations.And again it is not because you lost progress that you lost your time, you play a game because you enjoy it (hopefully). Even Anet agrees with this since they did not give any compensation for the previous rollback (which was manual and not accidental).

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

@KlayOut.4937 said:i guess their logic here is giving compensation only to people who logged in = less people that don't deserve it

imagine this irl :D all the people staying home getting arrested or being fined while the people going out to the parks, mountains etc. getting high fives and free icecream xD but the icecream is actually a car...

i want to know the logic behind comparing not receivning anything(=nothing lost) to being arested, u made me curious now

@Rose Solane.1027 said:The mount license is a compensation for players who were logged on for the period on Monday that is gone. Players who played the game during that time lost more than you did.All of us lost the same - a day of GW2 progress.

@yoni.7015 said:

Example:Player 1 did fractal dailies at 12am, but lost the progress because his account was reset to 9am.Player 2 wouldve played together with player 1, but decided to not login. So he also didnt get any fractal progress that day.

Well there is a difference. Player 1 actually lost something, Player 2 might (!) have lost something.Nah, it's the same. Remember, not everyone that logged in actually did anything - and in fact some logged in only to have fun, which is something they did
not
lose. And some, in fact, did
gain
something (due to either intentional or non-intentional duping - most of which almost certainly won't get reversed by Anet).

@yoni.7015 said:No I am not saying that. What is wrong with an expensive item? Be happy for everyone who got it.Funny you're saying that while you clearly don't want other players to be as happy as you are.

@yoni.7015 said:

No I am not saying that. What is wrong with an expensive item? Be happy for everyone who got it.

^^ This guy got the skin and wants it to stay rare so he can sit in beginner zone and preen trolol. BE HAPPY FOR HIM YO!

At the least anet should be making sure all those new and returning players who thought they lost everything get something nicer than a bonfire and a fu. Current decision is just bad bad bad bad bad bad business (anet speciality). And no, I am neither new or returning, and I don't care about gemstore stuff (though it'd be nice if they occasionally remembered there are gemstore-only finishers and put them back on).

EDIT: If you do get the license, is there a way to gift it to someone else? Like one of those desperately upset new players?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Rose Solane.1027 said:The mount license is a compensation for players who were logged on for the period on Monday that is gone. Players who played the game during that time lost more than you did.All of us lost the same - a day of GW2 progress.

I chose not to login. I did not lose the same as someone who did login and lost all their progress - some of which could be redone (thus meaning they had to do it twice) and some of it is lost completely despite having actually done it.

The loss is not equal

Ultimately Anet are going to cave. The community has not handled this well and Anet will change their stance on this one. And this will all be forgotten by the time the next episode rolls around as every drama on these forums always does.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

i want to know the logic behind comparing not receivning anything(=nothing lost) to being arested, u made me curious now

The guild wars 2 community that actually reads the forums, reddit, twitter, gw2 discords felt arested for one day not being able to play the game of fear not losing their accounts, of fear they can twist the new and the old data, the pure reason many people didn't logged in. We lost progress during this day as well as the players who did logged in after the rollback. I even think the percentage of players who really play the game and enjoy and dedicate their time to the game is bigger than the players who went inside the game after the rollback. Those who logged in are people who a) don't care about their accounts, b) don't care about the servers melting infront of their eyes, c) people who aren't enough enlightened about the game and cannot fact check that there is some problem behind their playing during the day.

After reading through the salt here, should something of this nature occur again, I really do hope ANet give nothing to anyone.

From the Terms of Service, section 10 (b)

You acknowledge that Service may be interrupted for reasons within or beyond the control of ArenaNet, that ArenaNet cannot and does not guarantee You will be able to use the Game or any Account whenever You wish to do so, that ArenaNet will interrupt the Service on a regular basis for purposes of maintenance or updates and may do so without providing You with notice before such interruption, and that ArenaNet may provide subsequent versions, enhancements, modifications, upgrades or patches related to the Game that You must accept and/or install before You will be able to use the Game.

Stuff breaks all the time. Rarely, if ever, did companies ever offer any compensation because access isn't always guaranteed. Hell, ANet doesn't even take the game down for maintenance weekly / for patches, which is great.

I'm not getting anything, and that's how it goes.

@coso.9173 said:to me there are 3 kinds of people:1-those who did lost progress. they were compensated2-those who didn't play and didn't lose progress. they weren't compensated.3-those who played but didn't lose progress. they were compensated.I think everyone agrees that group 1 should be compensated, and group 2 shouldnt. the issue is group 3, because they got compensation even though they didn't lose anything.So this whole issue is people being mad at others who got something for free. says a lot about them.

That's may be the intention, but not the perception.In actuality, there's 4 kinds of players:

• Those who did not know what's going on and logged in.
  • Those who did know what's going on and logged in anyways.
  • Those who did know what's going on and decided to be responsible and wait it out.
  • Those who were not going to log in anyways, or that log in at a different schedule.

There's no way for ArenaNet to know who was going to log in at that time or not. All they can know is who was logged in. And that's understandable.

But the current compensation, regardless of what they are meant to be, will be perceived as a punishment for those who were responsible and waited it out, and a reward for those who logged in despite knowing something was wrong.

Because of that, giving no compensation or giving the same compensation to everyone who could have logged in in that time (which is essentially every player) are the only two possibilities that would be equally fair for everyone.

@Luranni.9470 said:

No I am not saying that. What is wrong with an expensive item? Be happy for everyone who got it.

^^ This guy got the skin and wants it to stay rare so he can sit in beginner zone and preen trolol. BE HAPPY FOR HIM YO!

At the least anet should be making sure all those new and returning players who thought they lost everything get something nicer than a bonfire and a fu. Current decision is just bad bad bad bad bad bad business (anet speciality). And no, I am neither new or returning, and I don't care about gemstore stuff (though it'd be nice if they occasionally remembered there are gemstore-only finishers and put them back on).

EDIT: If you do get the license, is there a way to gift it to someone else? Like one of those desperately upset new players?

Hi, dont mind me, Im just summoning clowns to this threadPS: She is right tho...maybe except finishers part