First impression of MOTA

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alyster.9470 said:Overall impression: 0 Weavers^this, thx to all lightning rod hatersAlthough weaver isnt really a bad spec. Its just that it didnt find its role in current meta.Soulbeast/druid is the better side-noder, holo necro rev are better allrounders, and in term of teamfights tempest has higher value.But if there should be some nerfs on some classes in he next patches, weaver will be back again soon I guess

I still think rez glyph belongs to the crappy design category: not totally overpowered by itself, but definitely makes the game frustrating and unfun, the sole counter of it being .... CCing a dude that's probably 900 range from there and porting away.

Suggestion:

• Give this glyph a proper animation. You should "CC-react" to the glyph, not "CC-predict" it.
  • (and) Create an utility that has the exact opposite effect (AoE finisher) with the exact same cast time and cooldown than the glyph, so that CCing is not the sole counter of the glyph.
  • (or) Remove this crappy "range rez/stomp" design from the game

@"aelska.4609" said:I still think rez glyph belongs to the crappy design category: not totally overpowered by itself, but definitely makes the game frustrating and unfun, the sole counter of it being .... CCing a dude that's probably 900 range from there and porting away.

Suggestion:

• Give this glyph a proper animation. You should "CC-react" to the glyph, not "CC-predict" it.
  • (and) Create an utility that has the exact opposite effect (AoE finisher) with the exact same cast time and cooldown than the glyph, so that CCing is not the sole counter of the glyph.

Warrior banner it already exists.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Glyph of Renewal has a 2 sec Cast, so the player would of been casting it already, knowing he would go down (or hoping he would) at the spot he cast it for it to be instant, It's a pretty strong skill but I wouldn't say its OP as it takes up a utility slot for something else and can be countered by the opposition with any kind of CC aswell as the downed player possibly porting somewhere else, being knocked back away from the casting area of the glyph and then you wasted a res for 90 seconds.

As seen by sindreners interrupt in the grand final.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@hotte in space.2158 said:Yeah Roy and Teapot were great. Most frequent sentence in their commentaries : . . . . and here comes the glyph !

Often followed by it being interrupted and some hype around that. It became apparent the longer the MOTA went on how important interrupting it was and how teams would pivot someone to do this. Especially in the final match. Its interesting to watch for me. Also the pre-casting of a 2s cast time skill to get the instant res is pretty entertaining and I felt showed skill and coordination. There were also a lot of times that even getting the glyph res didnt change the outcome of the engagement.

Also i understand why CMC doesn't hate them. You're technically fighting a utility down the entire time
until
someone goes down. If you don't get value from the skill then the opportunity cost is completely wasted and you're not at full capacity for the entire match.

but if you do, then that 1 utility undoes everything that 30+ skills did, and even the fact that tempest HAS glyph means you have to always keep several CC ready for it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@hotte in space.2158 said:Yeah Roy and Teapot were great. Most frequent sentence in their commentaries : . . . . and here comes the glyph !

Often followed by it being interrupted and some hype around that. It became apparent the longer the MOTA went on how important interrupting it was and how teams would pivot someone to do this. Especially in the final match. Its interesting to watch for me. Also the pre-casting of a 2s cast time skill to get the instant res is pretty entertaining and I felt showed skill and coordination. There were also a lot of times that even getting the glyph res didnt change the outcome of the engagement.

Also i understand why CMC doesn't hate them. You're technically fighting a utility down the entire time
until
someone goes down. If you don't get value from the skill then the opportunity cost is completely wasted and you're not at full capacity for the entire match.

but if you do, then that 1 utility undoes everything that 30+ skills did, and even the fact that tempest HAS glyph means you have to always keep several CC ready for it.

Ok from now on players will try to interrupt tempest using the glyph.Next step will be that tempests abort their overload before using glyph, because they have 4 sec stability then to use it.From then on, players will have to boon rip first and then try to interrupt.. . . its getting complicated

@McPero.3287 said:

@"aelska.4609" said:I still think rez glyph belongs to the crappy design category: not totally overpowered by itself, but definitely makes the game frustrating and unfun, the sole counter of it being .... CCing a dude that's probably 900 range from there and porting away.

Suggestion:

Warrior banner it already exists.

Yap, at the difference it takes an elite slot with double the cooldown and 2/3 the range, so unfair "counter".

@hotte in space.2158 said:

until

Ok from now on players will try to interrupt tempest using the glyph.Next step will be that tempests abort their overload before using glyph, because they have 4 sec stability then to use it.From then on, players will have to boon rip first and then try to interrupt.. . . its getting complicated

and switching attunements removes the interrupt cd... mb thats something that should be looked at, since you might have to rupt it several times, on someone that might have reflects, stab, shocking aura or some other bullshittery

@Leonidrex.5649 said:the fact that tempest HAS glyph means you have to always keep several CC ready for it.And there is no problem with that in my eyes. You know they have something, you know exactly the use case for it, you can prepare yourself and be set to counter. Happens so many times in the MOTA.

It just needs a better animation and a proper shared cooldown.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:the fact that tempest HAS glyph means you have to always keep several CC ready for it.And there is no problem with that in my eyes. You know they have something, you know exactly the use case for it, you can prepare yourself and be set to counter. Happens so many times in the MOTA.

It just needs a better animation and a proper shared cooldown.

knowing that enemy will use something broken is not an excuse for it being broken.if entire enemy team has to switch their playstyle to accomodate this skill or you can never hope to kill anything then there is a problem.Give it a signet like thingy hovering over the head at the start of the cast, remove reset of cd on attunement swap and its going to be fine.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:if entire enemy team has to switch their playstyle to accomodate this skill or you can never hope to kill anything then there is a problem.Glyph (and Tempest)saw almost zero use in the NA half of the tournament.The only reason Team USA used it (and tempest) in the finals was basically a hail mary pass after being wrecked in the first two games and they had nothing left.And it wasn't until the final match.If you watched the whole tournament you would have understood that this was not a question of an entire team who felt like they had to change their playstyle to accomodate one skill. Team USA mirrored R55 completely for that last game. They did it because they were being outplayed and were out of ideas.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:if entire enemy team has to switch their playstyle to accomodate this skill or you can never hope to kill anything then there is a problem.Glyph (and Tempest)saw almost zero use in the NA half of the tournament.The only reason Team USA used it (and tempest) in the finals was basically a hail mary pass after being wrecked in the first two games and they had nothing left.And it wasn't until the final match.If you watched the whole tournament you would have understood that this was not a question of an entire team who felt like they had to change their playstyle to accomodate one skill. Team USA mirrored R55 completely for that last game. They did it because they were being outplayed and were out of ideas.

tempest had no use in NA since they all play FB, and I bet all of those FBs have no or very little exp in tempest, its better to play a worse class that you know then to play stronger class that you cant play for shit.Just look at some of the matches and how much impact glyph alone from tempest has, even if you dont land it the fact you have it means its much harder to down someone, and tempest himself is much harder to focus down then FB.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

tempest had no use in NA since they all play FB, and I bet all of those FBs have no or very little exp in tempest, its better to play a worse class that you know then to play stronger class that you cant play for kitten.Just look at some of the matches and how much impact glyph alone from tempest has, even if you dont land it the fact you have it means its much harder to down someone, and tempest himself is much harder to focus down then FB.

What NA runs is a basically a "glass" FB with zero self-sustain : no meditations heal - no "valor" traitline - no mace or focus and by comparison the Tempest is running with focus-mist form -water traitline and dagger...you can't get more defensive than that on ele. No shit the tempest survive longer under focus....

Tempest stronger than Firebrand...are we even playing the same game? Please take a step outside your comfort zone on the forum...nobody will ask for a tempest outside of it, talking like anyone of you can even get close to play tempest as high as @Crann.1342 ...at best you get farmed like @"Misha

You should try to learn something else other than mesmer...you'd more easily figure out the builds used in tournaments and their actual usability outside of it :https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Symbolbrand ...if you say tempest survives more than FB....I have no words

@Arheundel.6451 said:

tempest had no use in NA since they all play FB, and I bet all of those FBs have no or very little exp in tempest, its better to play a worse class that you know then to play stronger class that you cant play for kitten.Just look at some of the matches and how much impact glyph alone from tempest has, even if you dont land it the fact you have it means its much harder to down someone, and tempest himself is much harder to focus down then FB.

What NA runs is a basically a "glass" FB with zero self-sustain : no meditations heal - no "valor" traitline - no mace or focus and by comparison the Tempest is running with focus-mist form -water traitline and dagger...you can't get more defensive than that on ele. No kitten the tempest survive longer under focus....

Tempest stronger than Firebrand...are we even playing the same game? Please take a step outside your comfort zone on the forum...nobody will ask for a tempest outside of it, talking like anyone of you can even get close to play tempest as high as @Crann.1342 ...at best you get farmed like @"Misha

misha got farmed on fb and switched to tempest for that reason.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

What NA runs is a basically a "glass" FB with zero self-sustain : no meditations heal - no "valor" traitline - no mace or focus and by comparison the Tempest is running with focus-mist form -water traitline and dagger...you can't get more defensive than that on ele. No kitten the tempest survive longer under focus....

misha got farmed on fb and switched to tempest for that reason.

LMAO Misha was tempest from the beginning are you blind?

.....Misha get farmed on tempest because he's used to play cheese mode with mesmer so no wonders he get farmed on ele, got more clips of Misha getting demolished while playing ele....no stealth, no distortion...sad face

I just don't get it...most of you can play a single spec on a single class....yet you talk like you won some major tournament in the past...just stop it already