Crash immediately when I open my build

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played alacren in fractals just fine with my renegade (all legends worked), but if I'd tried to go to the build template window on any character of any class it would still crash the game.Unfortunately a lot of people need to change their traits on certain builds to play their class properly and this is currently not possible. I wonder how ANET will make up for it :^)

22 Hours broken now there is no excuse for this massive screw up, seriously how does a drizzle nerf/gem update screw up build templates. We all know if it was a gem store bug it would have been patched asap. Game is currently unplayable in its current state and seriously hope fixed soon otherwise some may see it as support has given up on the game, at the bare min would like to see a dev response to least clarify that they are aware of the issues.

I heve the same issue... and it seems like I got the jackpot by having revenent builds in my account build storage so I can't play any of my character. I understand that bugs happen and everything and I'm not mad that it isn't fixed yet, well sad but not mad ;). But i really wish there was a statemant from Arenanet about that issue. Just that I know that they are aware. That's the only thing that I really think Arenanet should do better is to talk to the community sooner... I don't need a solution in 10 minutes but a "Hey we know about XY. We are working on it" in less than 5 hours would be really nice...

@"Sylwina.3679" said:I heve the same issue... and it seems like I got the jackpot by having revenent builds in my account build storage so I can't play any of my character. I understand that bugs happen and everything and I'm not mad that it isn't fixed yet, well sad but not mad ;). But i really wish there was a statemant from Arenanet about that issue. Just that I know that they are aware. That's the only thing that I really think Arenanet should do better is to talk to the community sooner... I don't need a solution in 10 minutes but a "Hey we know about XY. We are working on it" in less than 5 hours would be really nice...

This is massive bug, it impacts a core system of the game: builds. GW2, just like GW, was built on the way we make and build characters, rather than leveling and xp grinding.In that way, being able to switch traits and change the build according to the situation (PVE, PVP, WvW, or wing we do in RAIDS) is the core of the game.So, this is massive bug, affecting a lot of players, I don't understand why this bug hasn't been fixed yet, it's been a while already, this should be top priority.

Also, I don't want to be toxic, but lately, it's been the 3rd mess up in less than 2 weeks, first, the Mastery Pont bug in Moral Breaker Strike Mission, which is still NOT fixed, then the "incidental" miss match in WvW server link and scores, and now, this build template problem.

Dudes at ANET, someone's messing the coding lines... fix that too.

Going to re-post since the urgency seems to not reach the developers, or at least a minor comment would have been made that this is being looked into.

No player can currently adjust their traits AT ALL. It's not only build templates but every interaction with the traits tab. (there is a work around to get to the skill tabs if skills are unlearned by going via the skill bar).

That includes new players who are leveling characters are unable to put traits in.

@Xanh.6489 said:

@"Sylwina.3679" said:I heve the same issue... and it seems like I got the jackpot by having revenent builds in my account build storage so I can't play any of my character. I understand that bugs happen and everything and I'm not mad that it isn't fixed yet, well sad but not mad ;). But i really wish there was a statemant from Arenanet about that issue. Just that I know that they are aware. That's the only thing that I really think Arenanet should do better is to talk to the community sooner... I don't need a solution in 10 minutes but a "Hey we know about XY. We are working on it" in less than 5 hours would be really nice...

This is massive bug, it impacts a core system of the game: builds. GW2, just like GW, was built on the way we make and buil characters, rather than leveling and xp grinding.In that way, being able to switch traits and change the build according to the situation (PVE, PVP, WvW, or wing we do in RAIDS) is the core of the game.So, this is massive bug, affecting a lot of players, I don't understand of this bug hasn't been fixed yet, it's been a while already, this should be trop priority.

Also, I don't to be toxic, but lately, it's been the 3rd mess up in less than 2 weeks, first, the Mastery Pont bug in Moral Breaker Strike Mission, which is still NOT fixed, then the "incidental" miss match in WvW server link and scores, and now, this build template problem.

Well I know that but I also know that some bugs are really hard to fix and while working on it they won't shut the game down since many players can still enjoy the game so no indication there that they know about it. So all we know is that they haven't told is if they are "already" working on it. And from my experience they should know because there should be some kind of community management active those things travel fast.. So what I don't like about it that they don't talk. That I can't play sucks but that's live things break. How that slipped QA on the other hand no idea but I have seen worse in so many other and bigger games.

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I would like to let you know that we're already aware of this issue and the Development Team is already looking into it.

Unfortunately, the "Build Tab" will be unavailable for now. Rest assured that a fix will be applied to the game client soon.

Thank you for your understanding.Regards,

Yeah, well I ain't holding my breath.......

I dont even get why the should happen crash in the first place... like any reasonable developer would make it so that, if it failed to validate, prompt the user the build(s) does not work and allow them to change/remove it...How it works today;Try save an invalid -> prompts it's not possible //OK;Try load an existing invalid build that (somehow) got saved into the template system -> Crash // NOK;two simple test cases and this could have been prevented...

UPDATE: According to many people in WvW, their Build Template window doesn't cause the game to crash...

What's going on??

@"Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682" said:Same here. I have 9 builds on left list if that information can be of use.

Ohhh.. you think the Build Storage might cause the issue? I have all available slots there filled. However, so have the people I just talked to in WvW, who do not have any issues with crashes or their Revs.

Starting to wonder if i should continue to bother with this game anymore. Possible simple solution, delete every players build templates and post a note that rev's should not use the templates until the problem is solved. But no we get silence and almost 24 hours with no solution in sight. Yet again if this was a Gem store issue heads would roll if it lasted this long.

@Sylwina.3679 said:

@Sylwina.3679 said:I heve the same issue... and it seems like I got the jackpot by having revenent builds in my account build storage so I can't play any of my character. I understand that bugs happen and everything and I'm not mad that it isn't fixed yet, well sad but not mad ;). But i really wish there was a statemant from Arenanet about that issue. Just that I know that they are aware. That's the only thing that I really think Arenanet should do better is to talk to the community sooner... I don't need a solution in 10 minutes but a "Hey we know about XY. We are working on it" in less than 5 hours would be really nice...

This is massive bug, it impacts a core system of the game: builds. GW2, just like GW, was built on the way we make and buil characters, rather than leveling and xp grinding.In that way, being able to switch traits and change the build according to the situation (PVE, PVP, WvW, or wing we do in RAIDS) is the core of the game.So, this is massive bug, affecting a lot of players, I don't understand of this bug hasn't been fixed yet, it's been a while already, this should be trop priority.

Also, I don't to be toxic, but lately, it's been the 3rd mess up in less than 2 weeks, first, the Mastery Pont bug in Moral Breaker Strike Mission, which is still NOT fixed, then the "incidental" miss match in WvW server link and scores, and now, this build template problem.

Well I know that but I also know that some bugs are really hard to fix and while working on it they won't shut the game down since many players can still enjoy the game so no indication there that they know about it. So all we know is that they haven't told is if they are "already" working on it. And from my experience they should know because there should be some kind of community management active those things travel fast.. So what I don't like about it that they don't talk. That I can't play sucks but that's live things break. How that slipped QA on the other hand no idea but I have seen worse in so many other and bigger games.

There's a thing called "revert", they updted one item on the gem store... and the update bugged the core system of the game. Honetly, revert back to the previous built until this is fixed before updating..

@Ashantara.8731 said:UPDATE: According to many people in WvW, their Build Template window doesn't cause the game to crash...

What's going on??

@"Dovahkiin from HighRock.4682" said:Same here. I have 9 builds on left list if that information can be of use.

Ohhh.. you think the Build Storage might cause the issue? I have all available slots there filled. However, so have the people I just talked to in WvW, who do not have any issues with crashes or their Revs.

Just tested it here, build template tab still crashes the game for me even in WvW.I even saw some people saying that opening the build template tab underwater wouldn't crash the game, but that didn't work either for me.