please do not

robert.3475

@SmirkDog.3160 said:I seriously doubt a video is what did it. Can you show me in patch notes somewhere where ANet said "we saw a YouTube video about how to make gold in Lake Doric by farming centaurs, so we nerfed it"? The burden of proof is on you here, friend.

Let's say that if something is pretty good they are probably going to nerf it Soon or later.

Soon or later Depends how many players are aware of the gold mine, and I suppose that videos could accelerate the process... I mean, why not?

But still it seems a Strange request ( though if you are gettin Rich with something you probably won't share how untill the Very end, or when many players already know the method )

@robert.3475 said:your both wrong like in lake deric the centaurs use to drop tons of leather for 15 silver each till the video on it and then it was nerfed

That's not how it happened. You might have missed all the discussions people had about it.Besides that, it's very very hard to keep gold-making methods hidden unless (a) only one person discovers it and (b) they never tell a soul. As Ambrose Bierce said, "two can keep a secret as well as one, if the second is dead."

@robert.3475 said:do not put gold making videos on youtube they watch youtube feverishly and nerf any gold making from the the guides they see on youtube

My guild members have a few bag-opening / method guides on YouTube and RIBA hasn't been nerfed after 2 years.

The only publication that I made, which got quickly nerfed, was Lake Doric afk farming - I believe across all my SM accounts it had like 120k hits and it was instantly removed / made impossible the follow week.

Meh, most gold farming methods are super tedious... for example engi afk farming... what's the fun of that? Rather than spend that money on electricity leaving my pc on all day, I'd rather just use that money to convert gems to gold. So I'd have more time to do things that are actually fun/not tedious.

@notebene.3190 said:Well ima make a youtube video about making money from minor armor runes.

Can you tag me when you do? :)

@Samnang.1879 said:Meh, most gold farming methods are super tedious... for example engi afk farming... what's the fun of that? Rather than spend that money on electricity leaving my pc on all day, I'd rather just use that money to convert gems to gold. So I'd have more time to do things that are actually fun/not tedious.

I have great fun in leading RIBA / CF / POFCF, some farms are extremely exhausting - F40 is an example I'd use to demonstrate how boring a farm can be, but ultimately, it is the most profitable.

There's a thing called metrics. The game collects data on absolutely everything you do. You log in? It's recorded somewhere. You click that button? Probably recorded. You get specific loot? Recorded. You sell it? Recorded. They know exactly what you're doing at every moment, and use this to identify issues. For instance it lets them determine when some content is too hard because players die too often. It also helps them identify how everyone is making gold and identify anomalies. They probably don't even watch youtube at all, because they know what's going on and they have exact numbers.

@Cyprien.4208 said:I hate to break it to you but it doesn't matter if gold making videos are on YouTube or not they will notice how people make money and nerf when needed.

This - Anet has reports on trends in the game. They see where stuff is coming from / what players are doing. They don't have to watch a video to see these things. The videos that actually matter is someone finding out a secret that no one else knows.

Archived