Blood Bank: Anet, this is Design Failure

Obtena.7952

I'm still disappointed they do not let Necro give that barrier to other players as a trait modification to Vampiric Presence. It would be so very useful for all builds that use Blood Magic and would aid other supporting players with AoE heals that it's current mechanic feels like a wasted opportunity.

Blood Bank - Vampiric Presence additionally gives barrier equal to 25% of heals over full health.

Edited by Anchoku.8142
Added notional Blood Bank mechanic to show how it can enable barrier generation by other players at the cost of their heal skill cool down.

1 hour ago, Anchoku.8142 said:

I'm still disappointed they do not let Necro give that barrier to other players as a trait modification to Vampiric Presence. It would be so very useful for all builds that use Blood Magic and would aid other supporting players with AoE heals that it's current mechanic feels like a wasted opportunity.

Completely agree ... necro have a problem with desirable team support ...necro have a problem with a trait line with potentially desirable team support theme. You would think the answer is pretty obvious. I mean, if Blood Bank is the trash we are given, why not at least address ONE of EITHER of those problems? Instead, they get 'fancy' with a theme-based Gm trait that has almost no utility anywhere. #feelsbad

Edited by Obtena.7952

The Blood Bank rework shines only with a support, but then it's pretty OP.

The main issue with Blood Magic is that 2 out of 3 GM traits do only work on Scourge and the 3rd can kill the player, which means there are some good reasons why you would not want to pick it.

That's a pathetic traitline design.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 3:27 PM, Lexan.5930 said:

bring back vampiric wells

+1

That trait actualy opened much different playstyle, for sidepoint pvp, or nice dagger/blighter boons play synergy. Now wells (or this "new" trait) get used even less than before, prety much deleted, same as warhorn, heh, such good (re)design work.

• 6 months later...

This threat is very old tho so they might have fixed this issue over time.

This trait for me is probably one of my breadand butter traits that makes my charracter so durable. But YOU can HEAL YOURSELF for quite a bit of healt as a necro.

You have traits that can make your attacks lifesteal, Shouts Lifesteal, Minions Lifesteal, 
Without help or a healing spell i have gotten barriers that added 50% of my healt on top of my original healt.
I am actually planning to combine this with  Sanctuary Rune so that even when damaged i receive 35% barrier in healing.
which technically counts as 35% extra lifesteal. Which sounds really good on paper. Have to test this out tho

I Solo whipe the floor with Most Champions the game has to offer expecially with adds because of the shouts hittng more enemies.
Having minions lifesteal and shouting Rise makes it for great AoE clear.
I havent tested this build in pvp and I dont think it will be super succesfull there.
But in PvE its really good

But the Sanctuary rune is annoying to get so for now i just use the Lich to get one extra minion. 

Edited by Aggressive Zone.2407

On 12/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Aggressive Zone.2407 said:

This trait for me is probably one of my breadand butter traits that makes my charracter so durable. But YOU can HEAL YOURSELF for quite a bit of healt as a necro.

You have traits that can make your attacks lifesteal, Shouts Lifesteal, Minions Lifesteal, 
Without help or a healing spell i have gotten barriers that added 50% of my healt on top of my original healt.
I am actually planning to combine this with  Sanctuary Rune so that even when damaged i receive 35% barrier in healing.
which technically counts as 35% extra lifesteal. Which sounds really good on paper. Have to test this out tho

I Solo whipe the floor with Most Champions the game has to offer expecially with adds because of the shouts hittng more enemies.
Having minions lifesteal and shouting Rise makes it for great AoE clear.
I havent tested this build in pvp and I dont think it will be super succesfull there.
But in PvE its really good

But the Sanctuary rune is annoying to get so for now i just use the Lich to get one extra minion. 

While I think its FINE now its probably still not a replacement for the loss.

First and foremost we lost any cooldown reduction to wells and when they said they'd drop the CDs across the board they lied and reverted that change like 2 days later.

Second while you do get barrier, well leeching was pretty useful and very strong in PvP and even in WvW (I ran well reaper until they removed the trait and was still the most fun necromancer build I've ever played).

Lastly we also lost the biggest source of protection necro had. You get a little every time you cast a well. 

We lost build diversity for a trait that was dead on arrival and is still blah and is pretty bad in PvP/WvW.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Aggressive Zone.2407 said:

While the trait was improved since the thread was made, I'm going to press you on how effective this trait is for your durability because I can assure you ... 15% barrier conversion of heals is NOT a significant contribution to your sustain. Even the vampiric traits are a more significant contribution over time than Blood Bank could ever be ... and that's a completely SAD situation.

If you have a specific build that is demonstration the exceptional quality of BB trait, please post, just to confirm something isn't being missed. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Honestly would've preferred the protection application from old vampiric rituals to be replaced with barrier if they thought high protection uptime for well necros was too strong.

Current blood bank is just too weak to be competitive with the other two traits in its tier outside of pve scenarios and situations where you're being babysat and carried through combat by more competent players.