why is condi thief still allowed to be played?

Lighter.5631

@GeneralFailure.3402 said:

@GeneralFailure.3402 said:if thief is so OP plz nerf, why are peple not happy where there are two of them on their team?unlike revsunlike guardsunlike necrosunlike rangers

realy makes you think

Can't hold a node vs anyone with a brain and loses any even fights against same people. same reason you don't mass scout units in an RTS.

and this scout unit (condi thief) is slower, has less evades, and not so on demand access to stealth as you need to hit an enemy, than power d/p. So why it is bad if does more burst damage? Which by the way can be easily negated by blocks, evades, projectile deflect.

It destroys build diversity and is brainless + 0 fun to fight. It existing at all holds the game back.

How ANet balancesIs it cancer? If yes, buff it . If not, nerf it.Bonus points if its completely unfun to play against and obnoxiously spammy. 10/10 goty

I don't consider this build to be a problem at all, I'm just speaking in general, its why its allowed.

?

Condi thief isn't even that good, it gets deleted as soon as the other team has power thief or rev. Its burst set-up takes a while to reset and most other meta builds out-there have enough tools to mitigate their damage unless all cd's are on. It's granted not a fun build to play against but it's rather annoying than oppressive.

@Ysmir.4986 said:?

Condi thief isn't even that good, it gets deleted as soon as the other team has power thief or rev. Its burst set-up takes a while to reset and most other meta builds out-there have enough tools to mitigate their damage unless all cd's are on. It's granted not a fun build to play against but it's rather annoying than oppressive.

Yeah, I think the number one issue people have is, because the condi application is very quick (steal is instant no LoS erghmagerd) they can’t avoid it using LoS or saving a dodge once their cleanse cooldowns are spent. You can handle condi thief with some decent condi cleanse but the biggest issue is having no cooldowns + being focused by a profession with instant teleport to target mechanics.

Just like, back when sword/dagger condi was somehow OP, the loudest complaint was that the sword thief could teleport in and out with no LoS.

Power thief or rev can do the same kinds of things. But because anti-condi leans more heavily on cooldowns for cleanse access, it feels worse to take a normally innocuous hit and lose half your HP over time.

maybe it's learn to play, i rarely get deleted by power thief/power rev.actually its the opposite, condi thief deletes power rev even now.

plus they never touched condi thief's sustain, i'm not sure how now you start to get deleted even tho it's literally the same very sustainable thief build.

@melody.2601 said:It's funny you guys don't even realize that cThief is already dead.

1. We are in a Power Meta.
  2. D/P Power Thief is far better in almost every way and outshines cThief. (It's more mobile, is easier to play and better for coordinated bursts in teamfights, 1/3 of its damage can't be simply cleansed, can +1 against rev without killing himself or his mate.)
  3. Condi Thief or any other single Class/Build doesnt dictate a Meta, the Meta is build upon what Builds are played and whats best against most of the Builds you are facing, and you arent facing a Team with multiple Condi Thiefs, you are most likely to face a comp that consists of Guard, Rev, Necro, Engi and Thief in their respective Elite Spec's. So if you have a Build and you think the only Class you cannot stand against is a cThief, you would probably also lose to almost anything else that is considered Meta right now, cause the whole Meta doesnt resolve around cThief.
  4. If you getting killed by a Condi Thief, you would probably also have died to a Power Thief.

also PSA:MetaAbbreviation of Most Effective Tactic Available.

you don't seem to understand why it is power meta now, whatever meta doesnt automatically makes cthief bad.ctheif is still overperforming, now just favors power daredevil because it's good against crevonce crev is removed from meta, people can easily go back to cthief and overperform in +1

you also do realise how cthief few month back single handly shifted meta by deleting power rev and majority of power builds at that moment and people had to pick 2 crev (plus necro) just to counter cthief. and now thief switched back to power to counter crev, meta literally shifted by thief and rev.the moment crev is gone, cthief will be back in full glory if no farther balancing.mark my word.

it also surprises me how people like to defend braindead build that shouldnt exist in this game. maybe you enjoy playing braindead build but i don't, specially in the classes i play, i almost fell asleep playing it, plus it's toxic gameplay and kills the game.

Condi thief beats d/p 1v1. Even the best thieves say this, they only beat them because they're better players.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Condi thief beats d/p 1v1. Even the best thieves say this, they only beat them because they're better players.

Lol. Sure they are.

I’d like to see a few D/P buffs as much as the next thief but this machismo attitude is why the devs can’t take the forums seriously.

“No skill” and “noob build” are salty but largely irrelevant when it comes to balance discussions.

@saerni.2584 said:

Lol. Sure they are.

I’d like to see a few D/P buffs as much as the next thief but this machismo attitude is why the devs can’t take the forums seriously.

“No skill” and “noob build” are salty but largely irrelevant when it comes to balance discussions.

No they aren't? The entire meta is nothing but zero skill builds and it's why so many veteran players are unhappy.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

Lol. Sure they are.

No they aren't? The entire meta is nothing but zero skill builds and it's why so many veteran players are unhappy.

I have never seen a description of a build that didn’t over simplify their fight tactics in an attempt to claim they were low skill.

If everyone runs so called low skill builds then I guess the whole game is just...low skill? At which point the distinction is meaningless.

it also surprises me how people like to defend braindead build that shouldnt exist in this game. maybe you enjoy playing braindead build but i don't, specially in the classes i play, i almost fell asleep playing it, plus it's toxic gameplay and kills the game.

I don't enjoy playing something, so it shouldnt be in the Game. If you try to hide your Sindrener Fanboy Quote, please make it less obvious, and don't get me wrong, I enjoy Sindrener, im one of his Subs, but that doesnt mean I have to share his opinion all the fucking time.Also, noone forces you to play cThief, if you don't enjoy it, then don't play it, it is that simple.

@"melody.2601" said:I don't know any "Sindrenner" nor do I know of a World Leaderboard Ranking List that says a "Sindrenner" is #1 Thief in the World.Assuming you mean Sindrener from Rank 55 Dragons, yes I know his opinion, but his opinion is still a opinion and nothing more, he hates every version of Thief that isnt D/P, he also hates S/D Thief, if you would remove D/P Thief once, you would remove him from the entire Game, cause he can't play anything else besides that.

And you basically don't have your own opinion but you just reflect his opinion, but you forget, opinion's aren't wrong, nor right.

Not like i won 6 monthlies and several tournaments playing S/D ? and i made pistol whip meta. But ye im dp only yikes.

I just refuse to play condi thats about it.

@NorthernRedStar.3054S/P my all time favourite > d/p but sure i prefer both dp/sp over sd cus sd is too basic. No complexity