Icebrood saga mastery points

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:Anet has been far more stingy with the mastery points in ibs 39 available to get and you need 33 to complete all mastery tracks to date. Cheers to play the way you want! Just if you do that you may not get all the masteries.

“Play how you want” != “Get any reward the way you want”Exactly. There may be a gentle shove to get you going towards the content that earn you those mastery points . :astonished:

Funny how easily "encourage" turns to "enforce". Don't need to do it? well if you want the masteries you have to. I won't do most of them, of course, but someone might feel compelled to do them.

This statement can be applied to everything in the game (or any game). "If you want X then you
have
to do Y."

Indeed. So if they simply tried to make it something fun, instead of just doing something over and over it would be better for everyone. Can anyone find standing in a zerg spamming abilities without any idea of what is happening fun?

Many do and that play style belongs to a very large percentage of the player base.

"Playstyle" Heh. Well GW2 really is a paradise for AFK farming.

Not sure what AFK farming has to do with this thread. Perhaps keep that in the other thread about AFK farming that you’re fully aware of and an active participant in?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:Anet has been far more stingy with the mastery points in ibs 39 available to get and you need 33 to complete all mastery tracks to date. Cheers to play the way you want! Just if you do that you may not get all the masteries.

“Play how you want” != “Get any reward the way you want”Exactly. There may be a gentle shove to get you going towards the content that earn you those mastery points . :astonished:

Funny how easily "encourage" turns to "enforce". Don't need to do it? well if you want the masteries you have to. I won't do most of them, of course, but someone might feel compelled to do them.

This statement can be applied to everything in the game (or any game). "If you want X then you
have
to do Y."

Indeed. So if they simply tried to make it something fun, instead of just doing something over and over it would be better for everyone. Can anyone find standing in a zerg spamming abilities without any idea of what is happening fun?

Many do and that play style belongs to a very large percentage of the player base.

"Playstyle" Heh. Well GW2 really is a paradise for AFK farming.

Not sure what AFK farming has to do with this thread. Perhaps keep that in the other thread about AFK farming that you’re fully aware of and an active participant in?

Well, when it's a "playstyle" when you "stand in a zerg without any idea of what is happening" it's perfect for activating auto-attack and watching netflix/youtube/playing some other game. Just seems that combat should be more engaging.

@Friday.7864 said:Seems to me they want to force people to spend more time in new maps by making everything super tedious, repetitive & boring.By the time I get what I wanted from a new LW map I'm completely fed up with it.I feel that way, too. So many complaints about new maps which players speed through in hours/days and then have nothing to do. Anet appears to be trying to slow that progress down to keep new maps active rather than populated for a spike in time before players return to other, more profitable maps.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Friday.7864 said:Seems to me they want to force people to spend more time in new maps by making everything super tedious, repetitive & boring.By the time I get what I wanted from a new LW map I'm completely fed up with it.I feel that way, too. So many complaints about new maps which players speed through in hours/days and then have nothing to do. Anet appears to be trying to slow that progress down to keep new maps active rather than populated for a spike in time before players return to other, more profitable maps.

but the new map is already quite profitable ...

@Fueki.4753 said:There's a reason Season 5's name is The Grindbrood Saga, so get grinding.

Meanwhile, I hope Episode 4 gives us more easy ones than we need for the new masteries.

Clearly someone did not play HoT at the start. That was a mastery grind that blocked progression, and one of the xp farms in td got shut down by a gm because they wanted to the grind to last longer.

I’m glad they’ve finally made masteries a bit more work, you can’t finish them all on day one now. I love leveling so I wish they’d ramp up the XP even more to really make it feel like you’re grinding something up, it might make that number by your name mean something

It is tough to get all the skills mastered in Icebrood saga but the good thing is it's not particularly important to get all the skills anyway. The united legions masteries don't require an overwhelming number of points to master, only the essence training which is only marginally useful may be left after playing through story and getting the insights.

@"Jilora.9524" said:Yeah they should all be just stand and commune for 10 secs

10 Seconds?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Who has time for that, working five jobs and taking care of three families?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I Was told I could play how I wanted and I don't see that I get my masteries from flipping stuff on the trading post, spamming mapchat or """sugesting""" things on the forums, outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This surely has to change, how else will this game survive???????????????????????

@Nazarick.9653 said:It would help if they didn't stick mastery points behind badly-designed events, such as that one Kodan Trial that spawns once every 2 hours and can't be completed anyway unless you have a party/squad and no random idiots come wandering by. (why do this at all? The other trials all work fine, fix this one kitten)

That's my beef too. It's not that I didn't want to work for it, but some events are just a waste of a lifetime. I'm actually referring to the balloon event in Drizzlewood. 1st it only spawn 1-2 times per meta cycle, that takes like 1.5-2 hrs depending on the map activity. Secondly, it ends too soon, if you want to run participation for the meta, even if you jump to the event as soon as it's spawned, by the time you grabbed the gun (after the time taken from teleport/fly down), the event is already half done and it'll end within few seconds. Even if you do nothing (sacrificing the meta contribution which is what other players might have issue with you doing that) & constantly camping at the 2 villages that spawns it, the event itself is pretty bad, like the balloon won't count if the kill was stolen, won't take hit from many spots, hard to aim due to the tiny white dot blended too well with the busy surroundings.... I could go on & on... Yes I can choose to skip that achivement, but it doesn't get taken away from the fact that it's very badly designed.