A request to make portable waystation an actual permenant skill on the character

Blueberry.8095

Noticed now that they added waystation, the kamehameha is conflicting with the waystation skills, it's been causing slight inconvenience sometimes. Therefore I thought they really should make waystation a permenant skill like mount that can be selected on the different skill bar/binding instead of a portable device in conssumable form that takes up an inventory slot.... I feel like QoL that developed early on in the game is bringing much more convenience to the table than in Saga. The whole mastery thing in Saga feels like a regression in terms of QoL (I'm not talking about the idea of the skill, but the convenince of using it), like it brings you more upkeep momentary to disturb the fight, make it like a side chore rather than to focus and to enjoy the event.

That said I'm a huge fan of the waystation, I just wish that it isn't a consummable, that you don't have to dedicate yet another slot for your already cluttered inventory (like food/buff/charr treasure hunting kit/drizzle siege/and many many other essential things for open world event, and I do have a character that is dedicated to the open world event), minimise inventory, keep it to the right, and spawn one when you need it. I really don't see the point of having it to be charged by per station - like going back to the npc to buy more, and then charged by the number of uses - to physically spawn a station, and manually running back & forth to "buy/recharge it" whenever you need it, even if you've advanced a bit further and it's kinda awkward and dangerous to run back, yeah sure, spawn another 1 on the spot that clutter the screen even more.... also another problem is that what if it runs out when you need it but have no more currency (if you don't run drizzle to earn its currency anymore) to buy or station to spawn.

I can't help but keep thinking about the masteries that developed inb4 Saga, where you earned it, you use it without hinderence. That said I'm not against the idea of Saga's mastery, I just wish that in the future development, they need to include QoL in their design plan instead of going backward and make things awkward to use, and hopefully they can go back and streamline the essences and waystation system, but as for now, please make waystation a permenant skill!

@"Andy.5981" said:Nope.

Imagine the "we arent' really afk" bots using this.....

Well... if spamming is an issue, then make the skill consume supply as usual, that way people can't abuse it unless they farm drizzlewood for the supply 1st. I just think that consummable is a clutter & clunky to execute. If this waystation is not usable outside of drizzlewood, I can see that it'll get abandoned sooner or later, perhaps it's their intention to encourage people to use it gamewide so it won't be called as a useless mastery. I just hope that it's a fixed skill instead so it won't overlap with the essences & less troublesome to 'reload', perhaps save you some inventory space too.

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Imo just making the consumable reusable would workThe point wasn't only being I have run back to buy more of the waystation or not, it's mostly about that:

1. It's taking up 1 inventory space.
  2. It's a "conjoured" weapon that you have to keep going back & forth in the middle of visual clutter or deadly aoe in order to buy your ammo or to switch skill.
  3. It's overlapping and interfering with the special action key skill.

My request was to make it a permanent skill like the other masteries that has a different keybind like the mount, so you can switch in between waystation skills on the fly. Charge supply for each usage if need be.

@Blueberry.8095 said:

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Imo just making the consumable reusable would workThe point wasn't only being I have run back to buy more of the waystation or not, it's mostly about that:
  1. It's taking up 1 inventory space.
  2. It's a "conjoured" weapon that you have to keep going back & forth in the middle of visual clutter or deadly aoe in order to buy your ammo or to switch skill.
  3. It's overlapping and interfering with the special action key skill.

My request was to make it a permanent skill like the other masteries that has a different keybind like the mount, so you can switch in between waystation skills on the fly. Charge supply for each usage if need be.

And every other CC consumable also takes up 1 inventory space. It's literally just one space.

The skills are really strong and they shouldn't be permanent.

It's already fucked up enough by having other things that give you a special action key and you not being able to pick which one you want to use, let alone having it everywhere with no choice.

@"Lottie.5370" said:And every other CC consumable also takes up 1 inventory space. It's literally just one space.The skills are really strong and they shouldn't be permanent.It's already kitten up enough by having other things that give you a special action key and you not being able to pick which one you want to use, let alone having it everywhere with no choice.

I would wish all consumables to work the same but to have their own skill bar & shareable account wide (according to some friends another game has this kind of QoL), but whether it's a reasonable request or not it's on a different topic & would be off- topic too, which is something I can only dream about but I know it won't happen anyway.

Waystation is different, it's a whole mastery skill that took effort & time to level up, it's not something you can just buy off skritt with no requirement but to be level 80. I'm just asking to make a mastery skill to get streamlined, but not making it more powerful. I later said in the few replies above that they can make the skill still consume the drizzlewood supply when used so people can't abuse it endlessly, so why is it bad when the skill still functioning the same in terms of power & cost, but more convenient to reach if streamlined? Perhaps you might just want Anet to just change it to not useable outside of drizzlewood map judging from your reaction?

I also talked about that 1 inventory slot since... drizzlewood also added few other things that takes up a few precious slots: 4 sieges that I just wanted to delete anyway (get disengaged too easily to use), Charr drop treasure hunting thing that I kinda want to delete too but feel like a waste if I did, oh yeah it only take up 1 slot too. The whole drizzlewood introduced things that used in total 6 inventory slots, so what if the next map giving you more "just another slot" item like that, eventually you'll have an inventory full of random things that is too messy to look at/find the item but you do use them a lot. I'm not asking for everything to make permanent, but the mastery skill so it won't get lost in the endless pile of other "useful" things.

At the end of the day if Anet thinks it should stay as a consummable form then fine, I'm just requesting it like how many other people requesting many other QoLs, if my request doesn't get approved, I'll move on.

@Blueberry.8095 said:

@"Lottie.5370" said:And every other CC consumable also takes up 1 inventory space. It's literally just one space.The skills are really strong and they shouldn't be permanent.It's already kitten up enough by having other things that give you a special action key and you not being able to pick which one you want to use, let alone having it everywhere with no choice.

I would wish all consumables to work the same but to have their own skill bar & shareable account wide (according to some friends another game has this kind of QoL), but whether it's a reasonable request or not it's on a different topic & would be off- topic too, which is something I can only dream about but I know it won't happen anyway.

Waystation is different, it's a whole mastery skill that took effort & time to level up, it's not something you can just buy off skritt with no requirement but to be level 80. I'm just asking to make a mastery skill to get streamlined, but not making it more powerful. I later said in the few replies above that they can make the skill still consume the drizzlewood supply when used so people can't abuse it endlessly, so why is it bad when the skill still functioning the same in terms of power & cost, but more convenient to reach if streamlined? Perhaps you might just want Anet to just change it to not useable outside of drizzlewood map judging from your reaction?

I also talked about that 1 inventory slot since... drizzlewood also added few other things that takes up a few precious slots: 4 sieges that I just wanted to delete anyway (get disengaged too easily to use), Charr drop treasure hunting thing that I kinda want to delete too but feel like a waste if I did, oh yeah it only take up 1 slot too. The whole drizzlewood introduced things that used in total 6 inventory slots, so what if the next map giving you more "just another slot" item like that, eventually you'll have an inventory full of random things that is too messy to look at/find the item but you do use them a lot. I'm not asking for everything to make permanent, but the mastery skill so it won't get lost in the endless pile of other "useful" things.

At the end of the day if Anet thinks it should stay as a consummable form then fine, I'm just requesting it like how many other people requesting many other QoLs, if my request doesn't get approved, I'll move on.

You're right, they added a lot of inventory clogging items and I'm not really a fan of that. I just think that the hassle of using the waystation is justified by how strong it is, especially as it IS usable outside of DWC. The thing is, I think it is fun that it works in most other PvE maps - especially when CC is so hard to come by with the average "zerg" player not really using or understanding it.

I wouldn't mind if you could "recharge" them like you can with the Charzookas though?

I think the mastery already IS useful just because you CAN use it in the other maps, unlike some that are used in one map only (like the Raven gates).

@"Lottie.5370" said:You're right, they added a lot of inventory clogging items and I'm not really a fan of that. I just think that the hassle of using the waystation is justified by how strong it is, especially as it IS usable outside of DWC. The thing is, I think it is fun that it works in most other PvE maps - especially when CC is so hard to come by with the average "zerg" player not really using or understanding it.

I wouldn't mind if you could "recharge" them like you can with the Charzookas though?

I think the mastery already IS useful just because you CAN use it in the other maps, unlike some that are used in one map only (like the Raven gates).I do see your point. I'm just looking at it like the other QoL that can be used gamewide such as gliding and mount. Are they OP since the introduction of them? Certainly, but they don't clog up your inventory like put raptor in shared inventory #1, then jackal in shared inventory #2 etc....(that'd be a nightmare if they do, OOF) They're pretty much OP whether they're staying in your inventory or moved to a skill bar regardless, I'd rather them to get out of my inventory. But then, that's fine if other people don't agree with my point of view, I'm just trying to wish for something that improves gaming expenrience, because I certainly do not enjoy having to run back to the waystation spawn point to pick up a skill (such as the boss moved, or phased), and have a huge pop-up selection window asks what are you getting, in the middle of the aoe puddles/infinite mob. I really do not enjoy being in a dangerous situation not because of the environment and boss mechanics, therefore got downed because I was picking up a skill is what I considered a clunky mechanic and could use some improvements (things get more dicey when the ping is high).

You can still implement it in a way like how you select the mount, but consume supply once you started to use that skill, so it doesn't have all skills available to you straight up, and you'll have to manually switch it up via the little arrow, but with less pop-up screen that blocks your vision, so it's more conveneint but not necessary abusable.