No Downstate Week

TheGrimm.5624

@"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:This has been the greatest day of WvW ever for me so far. And I was roaming on s/d core thief.

How about all the complainers just stop letting your HP hit 0? People trying to argue that it is "healthy for the game" for larger groups to be able to put their downs back on the training wheels are just delusional. Smaller groups almost NEVER have rez spam advantage compared to larger groups, learn to think.

Last night was all about harassing and sending slow tanky zergers home 1 by 1 and it was great. No 50k downed health, no worrying about random aoe counter cleave, you just die when your HP hits 0 how crazy is that? I can't go back to 'normal' WvW.

Is this a joke post? So, you are playing the class that was always the best in picking favorable fights, then just leave when things go downhill. What do you even want to say by saying AND you was on s/d core thief... that you are playing a "high skill"-thief in a way?And how convenient you forgot to mention your second weapon (set). What may it be...hm. Ah, thats sooo hard to guess, pleeaase help me out here...

By the way, i do to play core thief. From time to time, when i am lazy.

@Jeran.6850 said:

@"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:This has been the greatest day of WvW ever for me so far. And I was roaming on s/d core thief.

How about all the complainers just stop letting your HP hit 0? People trying to argue that it is "healthy for the game" for larger groups to be able to put their downs back on the training wheels are just delusional. Smaller groups almost NEVER have rez spam advantage compared to larger groups, learn to think.

Last night was all about harassing and sending slow tanky zergers home 1 by 1 and it was great. No 50k downed health, no worrying about random aoe counter cleave, you just die when your HP hits 0 how crazy is that? I can't go back to 'normal' WvW.

Is this a joke post? So, you are playing the class that was always the best in picking favorable fights, then just leave when things go downhill. What do you even want to say by saying AND you was on s/d core thief... that you are playing a "high skill"-thief in a way?And how convenient you forgot to mention your second weapon (set). What may it be...hm. Ah, thats sooo hard to guess, pleeaase help me out here...

Is this a joke post? Oh no roaming counters blobbing for one week! More like one week I won't have to play a minstrel toon to do anything useful.

If anything, I was surprised by the lack of thieves so idk what you're trying to say. I guess you can hide in PVE for a week until huddling together like penguins for downstate abuse is the meta again. Also every thief runs shortbow, wow you got me L2P and don't let your HP hit 0. Good thieves know how to use it for damage and not just the port spam.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:

Heres the typical scenario after getting someone down with downstate:

• Whats my HP, am I good enough to perform a stomp?
  • What class is he, what do I need to consider him being able to do?
  • Is there enemy reinforcements incoming?
  • Do I need stealth?
  • Do I need stab?
  • Do I need invouln?
  • Should I cleave him?
  • Do I need to CC ressers?
  • Is it too risky position to do anything, should I withdraw?
  • Do I need to tell my squadmates to suppress him while I stomp?
  • Do I need to tell my squadmates they have to stomp/cleave because I cant?Etc

Heres the typical scenario after getting someone down without downstate:

• He ded

Thank you so much for saying this. There is something i like to add here: there is also a lot to decide for the player(s) on the other side. There is more to think about then "pressing F" on your teammate, even if the promoters of "no downstate" like to make it sound incredibly easy.

@"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:If you're a skilled player you know how to properly use downstate, those who don't aren't effective regardless but i find no joy in losing a skill i am adept at using. It has been a staple in the game since the onset and it needs to stay, enough with this gimmicky kitten thanks!

Yeah, by hugging your zerg to pick you up after you lost.I mean I have no doubts it won't get removed, but "skilled player knows how to properly use downstate", oof.

• Confused 1

@Jeran.6850 said:

To be fair. He is a player from NA, that mostly loses his 1v1. Of course no downstate and his class abilities make him believe in his skills

@"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

Is this a joke post? Oh no roaming counters blobbing for one week! More like one week I won't have to play a minstrel toon to do anything useful.

If anything, I was surprised by the lack of thieves so idk what you're trying to say. I guess you can hide in PVE for a week until huddling together like penguins for downstate abuse is the meta again. Also every thief runs shortbow, wow you got me L2P and don't let your HP hit 0. Good thieves know how to use it for damage and not just the port spam.

It really doesnt contribute to the topic, but i dont pve, sorry that your generalized accusation doesnt fit.I also play every class in this game in wvw, with only mesmer beeing left out (because i dont like the colours, the butterflies, the awfull sounds and so on).Its so cheap to accuse everyone saying anything against the " no downstate", or in this case, the (still) best roaming class, to be a pve person, or otherwise at best a "mindless" zergling, cuddling the commander.

Everyone just runs with more people because no one wants a challenge,havent seen anyone running solo or even duo yet,and the rest is hiding in their blobs. Bwahaha.

And all these wannabee roamers are back next week running with their 3fb's for support while still needing to rely on downed state. Its funny.

By the way, your "minstrel gear" comment make it sound like YOU are a zerger...i dont know about a single roaming build using minstrels (other than troll-builds, of course).Maybe you can ask someone for help, if you REALLY think there is nothing to play than minstrel, while downstate is in the game.

I'm sorry, but I freaking love this event! I'm as giddy as can be!

Finally a week where huge squads and zergs don't rule with an iron fist. Finally a week where people can actually band together and take on bigger groups. For all the haters out there, think just for a second: this is yet another no-downed-state event, one of several that we've had in the past. There's a REASON for that. People love em.

I'm sorry, but I'm just going to say this: make it permanent!

@JTGuevara.9018 said:I'm sorry, but I freaking love this event! I'm as giddy as can be!

Finally a week where huge squads and zergs don't rule with an iron fist. Finally a week where people can actually band together and take on bigger groups. For all the haters out there, think just for a second: this is yet another no-downed-state event, one of several that we've had in the past. There's a REASON for that. People love em.

SOME people love it. The majority doesnt. Im fine with this event, actually - i will not die not playing a certain computer game for a week- but just looking at your Avatar picture lets me...somehow laugh and chuckle in the same moment.

Enjoy your run while literally invincible. Must feel great.

@Jeran.6850 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:I'm sorry, but I freaking
love
this event! I'm as giddy as can be!

Finally
a week where huge squads and zergs don't rule with an iron fist.
Finally
a week where people can actually band together and take on bigger groups. For all the haters out there, think just for a second: this is yet another no-downed-state event, one of several that we've had in the past. There's a REASON for that. People love em.

I'm sorry, but I'm just going to say this:
make it permanent
!

SOME people love it. The majority doesnt. Im fine with this event, actually - i will not die not playing a certain computer game for a week- but just looking at your Avatar picture lets me...somehow laugh and chuckle in the same moment.

Because the majority loves blobbing and rely on mechanics like downed state. Just looking at your comment makes me somehow laugh and chuckle in the same moment.

@Jeran.6850 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:I'm sorry, but I freaking
love

Finally
Finally
a week where people can actually band together and take on bigger groups. For all the haters out there, think just for a second: this is yet another no-downed-state event, one of several that we've had in the past. There's a REASON for that. People love em.

make it permanent
!

I hear you're having a hard time learning to play this week...have you tried not getting hit and keeping your HP above 0?

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"JTGuevara.9018" said:I'm sorry, but I freaking
love

Finally
Finally

make it permanent
!

I hear you're having a hard time learning to play this week...have you tried not getting hit and keeping your HP above 0?If you have a hard time with downstate, have you tried actually killing your enemies?

It's a stupid argument. People talk as if downstate is some sort of magical free win card as if the dominating, better and more coordinated groups never win even when they are less than what they're fighting.

I get the lure of the cloud. I like clouding. And now being able to wear down big zergs without downstate, using pewpew rangers and whatnot. But I look at it at a grander scheme than just a killing field for the satisfaction of the few. Ultimately it would turn off pug commanders. Because who wants to herd around people that just instantly die against a cloud you cant do anything against. And when that happens, WvW dies. It's the same thing that the "fight guilds" get stuck on with their "wE dOnT NEed Ppt!" mentality. Maybe they dont, but without objectives, without the foundations of what WvW is, WvW would be a literal wasteland... and then who are they going to fight?

Bleh I'm not going to argue anything more in this thread. Because it's stupid. Just going to try enjoy the week for what it is.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

love

Finally
Finally

make it permanent
!

I hear you're having a hard time learning to play this week...have you tried not getting hit and keeping your HP above 0?If you have a hard time with downstate, have you tried actually killing your enemies?

It's a stupid argument. People talk as if downstate is some sort of magical free win card as if the dominating, better and more coordinated groups never win even when they are less than what they're fighting.

It's not a "free win card" (who even said anything like that?), it's a soft cushion for zergs to save their failing players.

• Confused 1

@Dawdler.8521 said:

love

Finally
Finally

make it permanent
!

I get the lure of the cloud. I
clouding. And now being able to wear down big zergs without downstate, using pewpew rangers and whatnot. But I look at it at a grander scheme than just a killing field for the satisfaction of the few. Ultimately it would turn off pug commanders. Because who wants to herd around people that just instantly die against a cloud you cant do anything against. And when that happens, WvW dies. It's the same thing that the "fight guilds" get stuck on with their "wE dOnT NEed Ppt!" mentality. Maybe
they
dont, but without objectives, without the foundations of what WvW is, WvW would be a literal wasteland... and then who are they going to fight?

Bleh I'm not going to argue anything more in this thread. Because it's stupid. Just going to try enjoy the week for what it is.

You're gonna have to explain how the fuck you made a jump from no downstate to suddenly PPT not mattering LOL Mag has the highest KDR and is not even winning T4. Suggesting the game be balanced for the pugmanders! That's rich! If everyone can claim 'nOt bAlAnceD aRouNd rOamIng', surely I can claim the game should definitely not be balanced around anyone with a tag and the randoms following them.

@God.2708 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:No downstate is for players who are lazy or can't plan out the entire combat. They want a piece removed so they don't have to deal with it.

And you want to be picked up by daddy after you fall off your bike; I'd rather be me than you

And you want daddy anet to move the target in front of you so all those arrows you shot didn't actually miss.

Trying to equate downstate to skill is a flawed argument from the start. Not having it favors certain types of builds, and having it favors certain types of builds. Those builds have different focuses and they are not more or less skilled than each other. Sorry Anet wants to encourage people to play together in a -Massively Multiplayer- game. Who'd have thunk?

That's a whole lot of words for saying basically nothing. Game has builds, who'd have thunk?

Sorry people should have to learn to actually support each other instead of crutching on downed state lol

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@God.2708 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:No downstate is for players who are lazy or can't plan out the entire combat. They want a piece removed so they don't have to deal with it.

And you want to be picked up by daddy after you fall off your bike; I'd rather be me than you

And you want daddy anet to move the target in front of you so all those arrows you shot didn't actually miss.

Trying to equate downstate to skill is a flawed argument from the start. Not having it favors certain types of builds, and having it favors certain types of builds. Those builds have different focuses and they are not more or less skilled than each other. Sorry Anet wants to encourage people to play together in a -Massively Multiplayer- game. Who'd have thunk?

That's a whole lot of words for saying basically nothing. Game has builds, who'd have thunk?

Sorry people should have to learn to actually support each other instead of crutching on downed state lol

Sorry people should have to learn to actually finish people instead of crutching on auto finishes lol.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:I'm sorry, but I freaking love this event! I'm as giddy as can be!

As a roamer/havoc, am enjoying it too, same with group. It was nice today to thin out the zergs moving around there was all size fights including a lot of open field fights. That said, no I don't think it should be permanent but I still think that it shows that downstate needs adjustments. But there is too much (including the joy of spiking) tied into it for all out be removed. Again since they can do this type of week it would be a positive to try other changes to downstate.

Good hunting!

@God.2708 said:

But again personally I think the damage nerf was because glass cannon was killing glass cannon too fast and people thought that was bad for some reason.

I can't speak for their reasoning, but IMO the issue with damage prior to the patch was that glass cannon was killing EVERYONE to fast. A power LB ranger for example could simply one shot 95% of the player base, often through protection, if they didn't get reflects up. Gear be damned. That simply isn't healthy. And I pick on the LB ranger because it's memes, but it extends to most glass cannon classes. It made large scale fights very make or break and over emphasized first hits because when you need 5 scourges to kill 25 players tanky or not, fights tend to look and feel all the same. Now those 5 scourges will kill 5-8 players, and generally it will be other glass players because toughness and vit has actual value. Spiking tankier targets requires more damage (which is the argument people usually level towards why people blob up) but the flip side of that coin is that people actually have motivation to play front line and try to brawl (given similar numbers).

A chuck of this is the multipliers too. Still wonder if the other part of the solution would have been adjusting the damage calculations to have not been compounded.