Balance 17/10

SidewayS.3789

Necromancer

• Manifest Sand Shade: Fixed a bug that allowed strikes from this skill to hit from multiple sand shades on the same target.
  • Desert Shroud: Fixed a bug that was preventing this skill from processing Manifest Sand Shade upon casting.

Now let's see how far we fell from the first spot.And i'm talking about PvE.

@Aravind.9610 said:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:

@Aravind.9610 said:ugh desert shroud now only procs dhuumfire on first hit then doesnt. major nerf for pve

Can you explain what you mean by this?

i mean that f5 only burns target on first pulse then no longer inflicts burn stacks

Where is this information from?Isn't Dhum supposed to just be Shroud Skill 1?

@Lunarlife.5128 said:

@Aravind.9610 said:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:

@Aravind.9610 said:ugh desert shroud now only procs dhuumfire on first hit then doesnt. major nerf for pve

Can you explain what you mean by this?

i mean that f5 only burns target on first pulse then no longer inflicts burn stacks

Where is this information from?

from me testing on golem.f5 used to proc f1 on each hit which in turn activated dhuumfire.bad enough they made f1 hit only once per shade now they nerf f5 as well in pve!!!amazing how these incompetent devs dont understand the difference between pve and pvp. without engi like reflexes it seems worse now than condi reaper

Dhuumfire was tied to the damaging portion of Manifest Sand Shroud (Shroud 1) which is passively proc'd any time you cast any of the Shroud 1 - 5 skills. So if the patch today did anything to affect the number of times Shroud 1 was passively cast you lose out on Dhuumfire stacks.

@Amenon.9126 said:Yes, but Desert shorud is supposed to pulse 7 times, yea? So I would think F1 should pulse 7 times as well, which it does not. Clearly a bug, that will probably take another 6 months to fix.

According to Anet the skill description on f1 is "whenever you use a shade skill" not "whenever you deal damage with a shade skill".Although an easier fix for PvE would have been simply to change the skill description instead of ruining the entire spec,

this expansion was such a waste of money. i came back to play this new and improved Scourge for Necros only to have it nerfed 3 days later. i am done with ANet and their fucked up balance or lack there-of. they should just come out and say we don't know shit about balancing our own game let alone Necros so people like me can just say good-bye for good. been a Necro since BWE1, i have waited long enough for ANet to get their balance for Necro together. they seem so unwilling to do a good job, so i will just let them do their thing as it is obvious that they do not want me to play their game. pity.

@Amenon.9126 said:Yes, but Desert shorud is supposed to pulse 7 times, yea? So I would think F1 should pulse 7 times as well, which it does not. Clearly a bug, that will probably take another 6 months to fix.

I'd be fine with losing Dhuumfire if the surrounding core necromancer stuff wasn't trash...

As I wrote in the other thread:

If I'm not wrong I think Demonic Lore was changed to give 3 burn stacks (up from 1), this must have been to compensate for the DPS loss. My testing gives about the same DPS as before the patch, with an identical build and similar rotation.

Maybe it's not that bad really, our dps is more spread out now and focus on Torment application, instead of being tied to Desert Shroud

I did the testing in the pve/raid dps area/instance

The necro is the only one that gets the shroud effect. The shades are supposed pulse the passive damage for Shroud 1 (and its inherited traits). Though that may have been bug fixed so that regardless of what pulsing effect the shades do it doesn't overlap with the necro's shroud effect.

Honestly though, if they took away all overlap whatsoever that would mean a PvE necro has no use in summoning shades in stationary settings. Sure in Open world it may still be nice but not for encounters where there's only one boss

@Aesa.4819 said:As I wrote in the other thread:

If I'm not wrong I think Demonic Lore was changed to give 3 burn stacks (up from 1), this must have been to compensate for the DPS loss. My testing gives about the same DPS as before the patch, with an identical build and similar rotation.

Maybe it's not that bad really, our dps is more spread out now and focus on Torment application, instead of being tied to Desert Shroud

I did the testing in the pve/raid dps area/instance

I dont know about you, mate, but Demonic Lore still gives 1 stack of burning for me. As I said, I was not the best scourge ever, I was pullin 32-34k on the dummy and now I am pulling 21k. Definitely a huge nerf, i saw a huge damage nerf in fractals, too, so I dont know how you are getting the same numbers.

Archived