Unwritten Patch Note Changes

Zero Solstice.9754

Hey guys, here's a list of changes that were not included in the patch notes:

Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

Edit: Sand Flare now also properly functions as a heal skill for related runes and traits.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm not wrong I think Demonic Lore was changed to give 3 burn stacks (up from 1), this must have been to compensate for the DPS loss. My testing gives about the same DPS as before the patch, with an identical build and similar rotation.

Maybe it's not that bad really, our dps is more spread out now and focus on Torment application, instead of being tied to Desert Shroud

Edit: I'm talking PVE/raid test area

• ArenaNet Staff

@Zero Solstice.9754 said:Hey guys, here's a list of changes that were not included in the patch notes:

Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

Edit: Sand Flare now also properly functions as a heal skill for related runes and traits.

Update notes have various cutoff points for our localization/editing team so sometimes even though an update will make it into the final build the notes will be delayed a bit due to the localization being processed in batches. Balance adjustments and important bugfixes sometimes come in after this cutoff point so please be sure to check the release notes once they are updated.

@Robert Gee.9246 said:

@Zero Solstice.9754 said:Hey guys, here's a list of changes that were not included in the patch notes:

Update notes have various cutoff points for our localization/editing team so sometimes even though an update will make it into the final build the notes will be delayed a bit due to the localization being processed in batches. Balance adjustments and important bugfixes sometimes come in after this cutoff point so please be sure to check the release notes once they are updated.

Hello Robert, was the ~30% damage nerf on Scourge intentional or just an overlook? Thanks!

@Robert Gee.9246 said:

Robert,

Was the pulsing around Desert Shroud intended to proc Shroud skill 1 trait effects? Prior to today, activating Desert Shroud would cause pulsing around you and your shades. The pulsing around you, would only apply the torment, while around the shade, each pulse would proc the the trait effects of Reaper's Might, Unyielding Blast, and Dhuumfire. After today, it does not appear that the pulsing affects those traits.

Can you please clarify for us if that was an intentional change/fix?

@Frostwolve.2916 said:30% seems like an over dramatization to me

Unless I turned into a retard since last week, thats how it looks for me.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_P69yadHbneZVpLeGgwcmZNS0U/view?usp=sharingIn this video I was doing ~31k, it was the first few days of scourge, I was not the best at the rotation so I cant say much, overtime, my parses went up to 33-34k. Ive tested it tonight, I can barely pull 22k.

@Amenon.9126 said:

Hello Robert, was the ~30% damage nerf on Scourge intentional or just an overlook? Thanks!

Of course it was. Necro isn't allowed to deal damage. We have shroud, after all. Or whatever...

@Robert Gee.9246 can you confirm if these unmentioned patch notes are all intended? Specifically, the third one in the list that I provide:

Nefarious Favor now has a 8s CD, up from 5s (WvW/PvP only)Manifest Sand Shade now has a 10s duration, down from 20s (WvW/PvP only)Dhuumfire no longer pulses on each tick of Desert Shroud, once on cast only (All modes)

The shade stacking nerf was bad enough in a raid environment (we've finally had competitive DPS since Reaper launch, which Anet also nerfed into the ground). If this is intended, is there going to be some sort of compensation for Scourge DPS? Something like removing the 3 second cooldown on Demonic Lore?

I mentioned in another thread that in PvE this makes it essentially pointless to summon shades as there looks to be no overlap whatsoever between the Necro and Shades. As in whether you have all 3 of your shades out or just yourself you will still only strike your target once. Granted this is more of an issue in fractals and raids. Open world is more or less unaffected if you use shades as remote casting agents.

If that's intended by design that's horribly awful as this update negated the use of shades in various boss encounters.

It's ridiculous, idk how hard other professions got hit but this is a huge dps loss. Typical anet, nerf while dps is comparable to other classes, this is why balance is a joke in gw. I can barely kill a veteran now wtf! Why do you hate necros?And of course, barrier is still decaying ridiculously fast, thanks again for, typical anet necro hating. Placing 3 shades in 1 spot was risky dps because if the targets run out, your dps sinks. Now we got no damage at all, what in the world did necros do to you guys?

@Robert Gee.9246 said:

Well, its been 4+ hours hours since the update, are you guys going to list all the changes and everything that happened any time soon or were you just hoping that most people wouldnt notice them? It wouldnt have taken much time at all to make another post in the update thread to list the other changes that were made....

Also, any time scale on getting Soulbeast fixed? Surely it has more bugs and issues than all the other new specs combined thanks to so many skills, traits, heals (kinda), Utilities and Elite skills that either have reduced or NO use what so ever in the brand new mechanic that was added - How much testing actually happened before release for all of these issues to make it through!?

@Frostwolve.2916 said:30% seems like an over dramatization to me

Correct, it's only about 20%. In PVP, this seems completely fine, in PvE, this makes me wonder why I should take a scourge when I can play a cPS warrior for the same damage but with better support. Feels weird.

If scourges are not supposed to do damage, could we at least get our support buffed a bit? For example by increasing barrier duration by concentration, and giving a damage buff to anyone affected by barrier.

Edit: Has ANYONE managed to get dhuumfire to work on F5? I doesn't proc anymore. How is this grandmaster trait worth it if it only procs from the shades you place every 15?

Imo this is the worst/most stupid thing they have ever done in gw2. They completely destroyed their new spec after barely 3 weeks. It's unbelievable, i had so much fun with pof till now, this is a gigantic letdown that proves they just do whatever they gess is right without any serious thought.

Archived