Less outfits, more armor pieces.

fox.5340

@"fox.5340" said:I really wish ANET would do more complete armor pieces and less outfits on the gem store. Is there not a way to just make the outfits, armor pieces and throw a "tonic" to make it an outfit as well?

The trick there is in your word "just." If you check other threads about turning outfits into armor you will find all the technical reasons that's a problem along with links to or direct quotes of the devs explaining it.

I would love outfits to be severable armor pieces. By now ANet is surely aware how much many players would like this. But the short version of all those other threads is that outfits are made on a different rig, and can be produced reasonably quickly, whereas one armor set can take most of a year due to needing to tailor it to all the races and rigs. ANet does not have the spare resources to make lots of armor, so they churn out the outfits instead.

On top of the extra time required to make armour sets they also stopped selling new ones in the gem store because players requested it, and now put them into the game instead. We've had 3 sets added for each armour weight during Icebrood Saga (although two of those are ones NPCs already had access to) and we had 2 for each weight with 2 variants each added during season 4. I think some were added to WvW and possibly PvP during that time too.

@coso.9173 said:if anet stopped making so wilrdly different armor designs for males and females that would already cut their work bt 1/2 though.

I really don't think that's how it works with how they have described making armour and how our character models are.

Outfits already are one of their biggest time savings when it comes to designing a full set of armour. Being a 4th armour weight allows it to ignore a bunch of rules.

I wish Arenanet would at least split outfits into pieces with their individual dye channel each piece,so they could at least be matched with other outfit pieces.

This wouldn't involve the mixing of armour and outfit pieces, since it'd all be done of the fourth body type.But, in my opinion, having multiple body types at all is a mistake.

@Fueki.4753 said:I wish Arenanet would at least split outfits into pieces with their individual dye channel each piece,so they could at least be matched with other outfit pieces.

This wouldn't involve the mixing of armour and outfit pieces, since it'd all be done of the fourth body type.But, in my opinion, having multiple body types at all is a mistake.

They wouldn’t be outfits then.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:I wish Arenanet would at least split outfits into pieces with their individual dye channel each piece,so they could at least be matched with other outfit pieces.

I coordinates my outfits in RL piece by piece, too.They'd still be outfits, as that's just the name of the gear for the fourth body type.

@Fueki.4753 said:

I coordinates my outfits in RL piece by piece, too.They'd still be outfits, as that's just the name of the
gear
for the fourth body type.

Outfits in RL are different from outfits in GW2.