otter question

also, you do not need to actually participate in the full north meta run to obtain otters. you can just map swap, loot the tribune chests (they can be looted without you doing anything) and simply tag the final dragon boss to loot the very final chest. and since the final citadel event lasts for quite a while, you can actually cycle between active squads at different north meta stages, so you can really minimize the waiting time and legit loot the chests (including the final chest) one after another with barely any downtime, granted there's enough squads in lfg and the maps are not full.

I got an useful tip from a player for quick otter memories farming...Kill tribune => loot chest => swap character => loot chest => repeat swapping to new character until tribune chest disappears or next tribune is killed.I got really frustrated with the drop count and how grindy the achievement is. So I tried this one out. I don't know if this is allowed by anet or just a bug that needs fixing. But I consider this somewhat relative to winterberries farming and finished the otter achievement. Hope anet leaves it alone and not restrict this method of farming otter memory.With a full bloodthirsty squad, you can swap to 7 characters to loot one single tribune chest before a tribune gets killed. But same trick can't be applied for claw of jormag chest that's a one time per kill chest.Note:Move game files to SSD drive before attempting this to get faster map loading times during character switching

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I got an useful tip from a player for quick otter memories farming...Kill tribune => loot chest => swap character => loot chest => repeat swapping to new character until tribune chest disappears or next tribune is killed.I got really frustrated with the drop count and how grindy the achievement is. So I tried this one out. I don't know if this is allowed by anet or just a bug that needs fixing. But I consider this somewhat relative to winterberries farming and finished the otter achievement. Hope anet leaves it alone and not restrict this method of farming otter memory.With a full bloodthirsty squad, you can swap to 7 characters to loot one single tribune chest before a tribune gets killed. But same trick can't be applied for claw of jormag chest that's a one time per kill chest.Note:Move game files to SSD drive before attempting this to get faster map loading times during character switching

the tribune is basically the mini boss before the last boss?

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2021 at 3:36 PM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Side note: If you happen to play WvW a lot: You can also get memories of otter from the Icebrood Saga reward track in WvW. If you have a couple of stacks of reward track potions lying around you can get a big boost.

hmm i dont see the memory of otter option from the last reward. Do i need to unlock something in pve first?

1 hour ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

hmm i dont see the memory of otter option from the last reward. Do i need to unlock something in pve first?

It's a bit hidden. It's in the final reward:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grand_Icebrood_Saga_Cache

contains

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Icebrood_Saga_Material

select

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Memory_of_Otter

• Like 2