Mystic Coin Scarcity Problem - [Merged]

2 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I already wrote what i think about that and how it affects things, i don't want to repeat myself.

In short - poor players selling MC just feeds the rich and the problem remains the same.

That has nothing to do with poor. The vast majority of this games player base does NOT have a legendary, not even 1. It is reasonable to assume that these players are either not interested or not at the point where they care about legendarys. Again if you missed it the first 3 times: THE VAST MAJORITY!

Your claim that "we can't have nice things" is literally untrue because for the vast majority, a high MC price IS better. Your claim rings true for a minority at best and even there only those who would agree dividing this minority even further. Simple logic and deduction.

What you wrote about poor and rich, well I've given you my opinion on how qualified your economic background is.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3

maybe the mystic coin price the way it is now is needed than what we wanted..(like how commissioner gordon says about batman.. hero we needed rather than we wanted) to make crafting legy's a lil bit grindy and time consuming for most majority of players who are interested in crafting them after the release of legy armory... if its made easy then ppl will lose interest in game sooner than later.... but ppl with abundant wealth will inturn craft all legendaries possible so quick and lose interest in game much sooner but they are not the majority... so no issues there... but they will blow their trumpets loudly before they go away.. 😛

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

maybe the mystic coin price the way it is now is needed than what we wanted..(like how commissioner gordon says about batman.. hero we needed rather than we wanted) to make crafting legy's a lil bit grindy and time consuming for most majority of players who are interested in crafting them after the release of legy armory... if its made easy then ppl will lose interest in game sooner than later.... but ppl with abundant wealth will inturn craft all legendaries possible so quick and lose interest in game much sooner but they are not the majority... so no issues there... but they will blow their trumpets loudly before they go away.. 😛

that's what they have been doing. They blow through new fractal CMs, Raids and complain all day long while most of the people still trying to beat it.

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Except for all the players who can sell their Mystic Coins because they have no need for them, right? Still by far the vast majority in this game.

We've been told at some point that one of the reasons why MCs price keeps increasing is exactly because most players do not sell them, but hoard them instead.

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

We've been told at some point that one of the reasons why MCs price keeps increasing is exactly because most players do not sell them, but hoard them instead.

Then that is a dysfunction in the supply reaching the market, not the game. Chances are it is far healthier to fix the dysfunction than overcompensate in supply to the game.

FYI, the prices for precursors and T6 materials are rising. Eternity has increased by roughly 10% -15% (around 500g). T6 materials are up by around 15%-20%. Mystic Coins are up by around 10-15%. I wonder why that might be. Are all these items being simultaneously manipulated or is it maybe an increase in demand due to an upcoming patch?

Simply put: a lot of players acting in a similar way, exerting a similar behavior on the market leads to drastic market shifts. Most of these players COULD just not panic and take a more long-term approach to acquiring legendary items. The armory is not running away. It is not a race (at least not a race anyone could win getting in this late). It is more than possible to acquire enough materials (Mystic Coins included) per month to build 1 legendary if playing PvE and either WvW or Spvp (or both).

The current return episodes reward an additional 9 Mystic Coins per week (3 direct, 6 from the Ley Line Weapon Cache).

Buuuut, got to have everything NOW NOW NOW. Well if you want it NOW, you get to pay a premium with everyone else.

I know, it sucks. It's not like we've known about the armory for over a year by now. Everyone must be so caught off guard./s

Edited by Cyninja.2954

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

That has nothing to do with poor. The vast majority of this games player base does NOT have a legendary, not even 1. It is reasonable to assume that these players are either not interested or not at the point where they care about legendarys. Again if you missed it the first 3 times: THE VAST MAJORITY!

Your claim that "we can't have nice things" is literally untrue because for the vast majority, a high MC price IS better. Your claim rings true for a minority at best and even there only those who would agree dividing this minority even further. Simple logic and deduction..

And if you craft legendaries at a slow pace, and you let coins and clovers to accumulate naturally, the price is also not relevant. So it's really the ones crafting many legendaries that prefer lower price. Definitely not the poor. 

• Like 1