Mystic Coin Scarcity Problem - [Merged]

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's not th devs. It's the ascalonian resistance. They keep stealing the chicken from the charr farms (and charr keep trying to get those back). In those circumstances, the price of chicken goes way up.

So in theory if we make a effort to thin out this resistance chicken will indeed be back on the menu?

Anyway, after selling my mystic coins I am now able to afford chicken from trade store.  I just bought 10 chicken without a thought.

UPDATE:  I have found a great spot for chicken farming.

Edited by Joote.4081

I admit I am biased. I have never been a fan of MC being junk loot and posted they were when they were a couple of silver. How many people are still using them to gamble for clovers versus just getting the clover? Are people really building that many legendaries and not getting the clovers first? Haven't seen any recent Anet numbers but the previous ones indicated that there were still more coins entering the game then exiting. Has anyone seen any more recent numbers they can link? Again, not a fan of these being junk loot or a return to that but after crafting what I have I still don't see how people don't have full banks of these even while building legendaries unless they are new to the game. The other materials took far longer to acquire. Granted your mileage may vary, but no I wouldn't for vets or new players want to see MCs returning to junk loot. And yes I am still working on more legendaries myself, these are longer term goals, and they should be. 

• Like 1

Mystic Coin prices are still fairly volatile, but they seem to be mostly oscillating around the 2g mark. This means that the massive buy wall that was keeping it above 2.5g was indeed artificially inflating the price. Regardless of whether or not it was just one player or a cabal of traders involved, this kind of deliberate manipulation of a market doesn't really sit well with me. This isn't EVE Online, after all; I don't think GW2 was intended to be the kind of game where financial shenanigans are an expected and encouraged part of gameplay, much like how GW2 PvP exists, but you still can't just run around the open world ganking anybody you see. I just hope ANet learned their lesson and keeps a closer eye on unusual variances in the economy to ensure that player market activities don't adversely impact the fun of the game for others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2021 at 8:19 AM, DarcShriek.5829 said:

The market can be and has been manipulated by one individual.  It was not natural market forces that raised the price of Mystic Coins, it was the efforts of one individual.  The sad part of this is that there are many people out there that knew this was being done and remained silent for months about it.  The economy of this game is ruined.

The economy is bad only because there is no reason to craft and the veteran players are on hiatus until new stuff.  Add to that the huge amount of low-level drops from Drizzlewood.

Mystic coins are already back on track with their historical price trend line. 

Market demand will balance out, be patient or spend more.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:01 AM, HauntinG.5746 said:

But the damage has already been done!

what dmg?

do you gw2 players ever played a real mmo? i mean gw2 is a very relaxing mmo nothing really matters in this game u end up with top gear..

theres mmo's out there where u need a whole guild to get 1 ONE ! item every 2 to 4 weeks (cus raid spawns only ones in this time) and on top of that u need fight other guilds to even secure that raid.. and that ONE item actually has mad stats..

infusions in gw2 dont make a different

gear in gw2 dont make a different every1 can reach ascended gear alone in a guild with a group etc.

like isaid in gw2 nothing matters there is no dmg to be done..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

After the legendary armory probably a lot of people won't go back to ascended weapons and armors, if they already have legendaries.

How about, Anet give us, on salvage an ascended armor piece or weapon, 25%-50% chance to give 1-3 mystic coins?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ShawnieBoy.5104 said:

Well, the price wall on Mystic Coins is back with a vengeance,  on the 23rd 1million orders put in, then another million on the 25th 

Market Info from GW2 efficiency

The price wall isn't back, have you seen where this 2 million orders are? Seems to be either a joke or a try to manipulate the number of orders on the trading sites, because the wall is at a price of 2 coppers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

The price wall isn't back, have you seen where this 2 million orders are? Seems to be either a joke or a try to manipulate the number of orders on the trading sites, because the wall is at a price of 2 coppers.

I can't insert images, so if you go to the link, click on the "show details" button (looks like a graph) You can see that the volume of orders were all put in at the same time. The prices are all slightly different, but serve the same purpose of pushing up prices.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, ShawnieBoy.5104 said:

I can't insert images, so if you go to the link, click on the "show details" button (looks like a graph) You can see that the volume of orders were all put in at the same time. The prices are all slightly different, but serve the same purpose of pushing up prices.

You typically don’t manipulate prices by listing buy orders significantly lower that the current buy order price to a degree that your buy orders will never ever complete. 

What you’re pointing out will have little to no impact on mystic coin prices. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ShawnieBoy.5104 said:

Only about 126k orders are currently over 2c, which looks like a rather normal number.

If you scroll through the current buyers on gw2bltc, you can see, that the 2 million orders of the last days were placed at 2c:

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/19976-Mystic-Coin

It might be someone using the trading post as a bank. You can store money in the trading post like putting money in a separate savings account. For example, I store 500 gold in the trading post as a buy order for a Legendary weapon. It keeps me from spending it on impulse purchases and I can pull it out whenever I need 500 gold to buy something. 

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2021 at 2:15 PM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Haven't seen any recent Anet numbers but the previous ones indicated that there were still more coins entering the game then exiting. Has anyone seen any more recent numbers they can link?

You can easily derive the amount entering if there is a decent source for active player population. The reverse would also be true ...

On 5/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Zaxares.5419 said:

Mystic Coin prices are still fairly volatile, but they seem to be mostly oscillating around the 2g mark.

Oscillating would be the opposite of volatile.

42 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

Only about 126k orders are currently over 2c, which looks like a rather normal number.

If you scroll through the current buyers on gw2bltc, you can see, that the 2 million orders of the last days were placed at 2c:

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/19976-Mystic-Coin

So it is basically manipulating people who just blindly look at "demand" from various tools.

2 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

It might be someone using the trading post as a bank. You can store money in the trading post like putting money in a separate savings account. For example, I store 500 gold in the trading post as a buy order for a Legendary weapon. It keeps me from spending it on impulse purchases and I can pull it out whenever I need 500 gold to buy something. 

Probably not. At 2c each that is 5s per order. There is no need to take such a tedious approach if it is for saving gold.

Edited by Khisanth.2948

3 hours ago, ShawnieBoy.5104 said:

Well, the price wall on Mystic Coins is back with a vengeance,  on the 23rd 1million orders put in, then another million on the 25th 

Market Info from GW2 efficiency

The mystic coins didn't get the message about the whole vengance thing I guess, because the price is still at ~2 gold per mc.

If that's an attempt at gently raising prices, then for now this seems to be WAY too gentle to be worth the time 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

You can easily derive the amount entering if there is a decent source for active player population. The reverse would also be true ...

Oscillating would be the opposite of volatile.

So it is basically manipulating people who just blindly look at "demand" from various tools.

Probably not. At 2c each that is 5s per order. There is no need to take such a tedious approach if it is for saving gold.

someone just put 40,000 gold (0.02 X 2,000,000) in a spot where it will never, ever buy anything.  If it’s not to store gold then I can’t imagine what they’re doing. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

someone just put 40,000 gold (0.02 X 2,000,000) in a spot where it will never, ever buy anything.  If it’s not to store gold then I can’t imagine what they’re doing. 

Just take a look at this thread. It's for the "OMG! LOOK AT THE DEMAND FOR MYSTIC COINS!!!!" people.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

It's only x0,0002, so 400g, i doubt anyone is posting thousands of buy-orders just to store 400g, which can be done in much easier ways. I also guess someone just wanted to troll and see some panic posts here or on reddit etc.

4 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

It's only x0,0002, so 400g, i doubt anyone is posting thousands of buy-orders just to store 400g, which can be done in much easier ways. I also guess someone just wanted to troll and see some panic posts here or on reddit etc.

People should know by now that the people panicking about MC's don't need such things to get more posts from them. If MC's go up 1c, we will get the obligatory "OMG MC are too expensive" threads. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 5/21/2021 at 7:01 AM, HauntinG.5746 said:

But the damage has already been done!

All the infusions aren't in the game anymore. The prices will go back up over time. Asking for a explaination isn't going to happen. 

Yes cheaters are annoying and they do cause damage. And sadly online games are all rife with it in someway or another. 

But sadly it's done all the time and no games rly safe away from it. You just get these huge dramas take place when it gets outed and people start getting banned for it. 

When anet announced legendary armory, the thing that caught my attention is legendary armors... Crafted 2 complete sets of legy armors... ZERO mystic coin involved... Also noticed increased population in raiding... So I believe ppl are more inclined to use all t6 mats and blood venom bones for their armors... And also every leyline anomaly event being overwhelmingly crowded... 

Felt a Lot of new players doing fractal cms(eventhough the mc drops are a chance and not guaranteed) ...

What I'm trying to say at this point is, the mystic coin sources are being tapped to it's maximum

And after certain someone caught the media's attention and a possible action taken by anet, I noticed the mc prices dropped to 1.8 gold in the buying orders

Even after the drop, it went back to its original state pretty soon... Is this how demand works?

If the demand is in a state that it can rise up quickly after a steep fall, it shd've already been hiking the price of the item more than it did at that time before that incidence... Instead, all it did was maintain at that particular spot... 

Will increasing the MC price to 3gold or 4 gold hurt a certain group ? Or is their max capacity is to hold the price at that specific value and not any higher?

Is there some kind of trade queue that ppl maintain in black market eg: 500 mc per twilight. 

So they will run into losses if the mc price dropped so they ask all their rich guildies to maintain the mc price in that spot?

Just a curious post nothing else "don't need to get your staff all bent over" like canach says 😆

• Confused 1

When I found out that Legendaries are really only a side-grade to ascended gear, I lost all interest in crafting them (regretting having put points into Legendary Crafting Masteries now). My mystic coins are now just gathering dust in my bank vault. It's only a small pile, about 160 coins or so, but perhaps I should consider selling them if they will be of no use to me. Are there really a lot of people working on Legendaries? I occasionally see someone in map chat announcing a Legendary that they just made, but it really doesn't seem like it's a common occurrence.

30 minutes ago, Eraden.8740 said:

When I found out that Legendaries are really only a side-grade to ascended gear, I lost all interest in crafting them (regretting having put points into Legendary Crafting Masteries now). My mystic coins are now just gathering dust in my bank vault. It's only a small pile, about 160 coins or so, but perhaps I should consider selling them if they will be of no use to me. Are there really a lot of people working on Legendaries? I occasionally see someone in map chat announcing a Legendary that they just made, but it really doesn't seem like it's a common occurrence.

seems most ppl are buying legendaries off  black market(as some say) using mystic coins itself... not crafting them.... maybe thats the current situation? idk... so they spend more mc to buy weapons / buy more mc from tp

250 mc required for crafting a legy weapon... but while buying from black market, they spend more 250+ mystic coins(whose prices are controlled by a group of certain individuals) maybe that inturn maintains the demand in place.. i could be wrong... pure speculation 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

seems most ppl are buying legendaries off  black market(as some say) using mystic coins itself... not crafting them.... maybe thats the current situation? idk... so they spend more mc to buy weapons / buy more mc from tp

250 mc required for crafting a legy weapon... but while buying from black market, they spend more 250+ mystic coins(whose prices are controlled by a group of certain individuals) maybe that inturn maintains the demand in place.. i could be wrong... pure speculation

Doubt "most people buy them off black market".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1