how to maintain life force as a roaming reaper

Avengedeath.4671

Well, you used to be able to kill all the ambient critters in camps, but those got gutted.

"You Soul is Mine!" will give you 5% Life Force even if you do not hit anything. So spam that in between engagements.Eternal Life will get you back to 20%.Fear of Death is a big Life Force boost.Soul Marks if you run Staff will give you a nice boost as well.Ghastly Claws if you run Axe is another big boost.

Other than that try not to end a fight at 0% Life Force if at all possible.

@Avengedeath.4671 said:there used to be plenty of ambient creatures in wvw to kill to maintain my life force, now i start many 1v1s with 0 life force. any ideas on how to maintain life force? just in case anet is listening I wish they would get rid of the lions and dogs in desert bl and bring back the ambients.

oh you mean the gank squad you run with doesnt help you out? Now you want more? This is why wvw is such a mess. cuz of players like you

@charrboiledeggs.8164 said:

@Avengedeath.4671 said:there used to be plenty of ambient creatures in wvw to kill to maintain my life force, now i start many 1v1s with 0 life force. any ideas on how to maintain life force? just in case anet is listening I wish they would get rid of the lions and dogs in desert bl and bring back the ambients.

oh you mean the gank squad you run with doesnt help you out? Now you want more? This is why wvw is such a mess. cuz of players like you

Necro in a gank squad lmao. The only thing it can gank are NPCs

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" said:Well, you used to be able to kill all the ambient critters in camps, but those got gutted.

"You Soul is Mine!" will give you 5% Life Force even if you do not hit anything. So spam that in between engagements.Eternal Life will get you back to 20%.Fear of Death is a big Life Force boost.Soul Marks if you run Staff will give you a nice boost as well.Ghastly Claws if you run Axe is another big boost.

Other than that try not to end a fight at 0% Life Force if at all possible.

I presume that's all good advice. I don't know the class well, but to the OP, try the above. I fought a necro recently who had outstanding life force generation.

It was a 1v1 with nobody else around, and I dropped him to zero life-force twice, but he still won the fight with about 25% left (health was near gone). Even sent him a whisper remarking on his amazing life force generation. So it's definitely possible.

@"Avengedeath.4671" said:there used to be plenty of ambient creatures in wvw to kill to maintain my life force, now i start many 1v1s with 0 life force. any ideas on how to maintain life force? just in case anet is listening I wish they would get rid of the lions and dogs in desert bl and bring back the ambients.

If I'm not wrong you can get life force by attacking backpacks (first aid kit) that you can get from sentries (ofc owned by enemies), same thing for attacking the enemy supply depots (the place where you pick up supplies). Both must be owned by enemy.P.S. Imagine censoring word "d e r p i n g" like derping lmao

@"Avengedeath.4671" said:there used to be plenty of ambient creatures in wvw to kill to maintain my life force, now i start many 1v1s with 0 life force. any ideas on how to maintain life force? just in case anet is listening I wish they would get rid of the lions and dogs in desert bl and bring back the ambients.

The necromancer have many way to generate life force, but, if you think that you need more LF gen, build for it, that's the best course of action.

Lan deathrider gave you the short list of the thing you can use in order to generate LF, to which you can add:

• Spectral skills
  • Bone minions (explode the critters you summon, they'll give you LF)
  • Signet of undeath can give you some passive LF gen in combat.
  • Well of corruption grant LF on hit.
  • Unholy martyr cleanse condition on leaving shroud and grant you LF for each condition cleansed this way.
  • Chilling victory/Blighter boon can net you quite a lot of LF (especially Blighter boon if you exploit some runeset/traitlines synergy. For example: superior rune of aristocratie coupled with CPC, "you are all weaklings!", dagger off-hand, weakening shroud... etc. Or you can just gain unreasonnable amount of might throught runes/sigil/food/spite traitline and a bit of critical chance).
  • Focus against single target (soul grasp is a quick way to gain 11% LF at the begining of a fight), warhorn against a group can help you a lot in generating LF.

Kill guards at enemy towers/camps. If you're power reaper you can build full life force off of LF generating skills in 1-2 guards. If you don't want to make swords anywhere you could also go to veteran creature spawn locations - plenty of monsters there and are nearby every spawn location.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

The necromancer have many way to generate life force, but, if you think that you need more LF gen, build for it, that's the best course of action.

Lan deathrider gave you the short list of the thing you can use in order to generate LF, to which you can add:
  • Spectral skills
  • Bone minions
    (explode the critters you summon, they'll give you LF)
  • Signet of undeath
    can give you some passive LF gen in combat.
  • Well of corruption
    grant LF on hit.
  • Unholy martyr
    cleanse condition on leaving shroud and grant you LF for each condition cleansed this way.
  • Chilling victory/Blighter boon
    can net you quite a lot of LF (especially
    Blighter boon
    if you exploit some runeset/traitlines synergy. For example: superior rune of aristocratie coupled with
    CPC
    "you are all weaklings!"
    , dagger off-hand,
    weakening shroud
    ... etc. Or you can just gain unreasonnable amount of might throught runes/sigil/food/spite traitline and a bit of critical chance).
  • Focus against single target (soul grasp is a quick way to gain 11% LF at the begining of a fight), warhorn against a group can help you a lot in generating LF.

I've used Blighter's Boon before along with the Spite line to face roll others. Good sustain inside of shroud depending on your loadout. Got whispers from other players while I was running that about how effective it was.

But yeah @"Avengedeath.4671" , Necro has TONS of ways to build Life Force, many of which can be done out of combat. Spend some time on http://en.gw2skills.net/ and see what you can pull together that suites your playstyle.