Are bow rangers a thing again?

stuntkiller.2980

Probably they were using condi soulbeast builds or core axe ranger. Sic’em soulbeast, decap druid and core ranger builds (all of them using lb) always been a thing on spvp. You know because spvp population isn’t that big, you maybe matched with same players. Vallun, Cro Tiger and Zynvo are playing with condi/Sic’em soulbeast builds on YouTube.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Basically just run Soulbeast, use a longbow. Merge with pet, cast sic'em, one wolf pack, then rapid fire. If you run full DPS stats and traits most people die in one Rapid Fire.

OMG, really? The Soulbeast with full DPS stats is so OP? I should try this class. Thank you, Lan Deathrider!

@stuntkiller.2980 don't be fooled by other ppl. Yes, the Soulbeast with glass cannon build can easily kill another class if that class doesn't know how to play or is playing a wrong build. The thing is, with glass cannon build, after you hit with everything you have, if the enemy is not dead, or he has a companion, you are 100% DEAD too.So it is up to you what you want to play :)

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Basically just run Soulbeast, use a longbow. Merge with pet, cast sic'em, one wolf pack, then rapid fire. If you run full DPS stats and traits most people die in one Rapid Fire.

OMG, really? The Soulbeast with full DPS stats is so OP? I should try this class. Thank you, Lan Deathrider!I mean someone legit asked if bow rangers were still a thing, so I gave an honest response lol. One look at the WvW forums asking for Sic'em Snipers to be nerfed should have been a big clue for the OP.@stuntkiller.2980 don't be fooled by other ppl. Yes, the Soulbeast with glass cannon build can easily kill another class if that class doesn't know how to play or is playing a wrong build. The thing is, with glass cannon build, after you hit with everything you have, if the enemy is not dead, or he has a companion, you are 100% DEAD too.So it is up to you what you want to play :)Yep, if you run full glass and botch the spike, or the bunker was prepared for you, then you're going to have a bad day unless you have an escape plan. But that is true for any class going full glass cannon.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 ,I know your intention was a good one, just your answer was so "wow" :)

Sic'em Sniper is pretty meta. That kitten kills plenty of people. If someone had to ask the most obvious question on the GW2 forums I was going to give them an equally obvious answer.

Thank you Captain Obvious. ?

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 ,I know your intention was a good one, just your answer was so "wow" :)

Sic'em Sniper is pretty meta. That kitten kills plenty of people. If someone had to ask the most obvious question on the GW2 forums I was going to give them an equally obvious answer.

Thank you Captain Obvious. ?

Like I said, they asked the question with the most obvious answer.

@stuntkiller.2980 said:i was asking here because in all games ranger uses bow but after being reading all day iam seeing that in gw2 we dont have that mutch bow builds on ranger or others that are near meta....

It all depends on the game mode. For things like Raids condi is preferred, so you'll see more dagger/dagger + shortbow or shortbow/shortbow builds there. But for things like WvW roaming Longbow+Greatsword is probably the build you'll see most rangers running. As has been flogged to death already, Sic'em Sniper is and has been meta for a while, in both PvP and WvW.

Sic'em Sniper is really just one build, you can run LB with Druid and do well. Ranger Longbow is meta range dps so long as there is no projectile hate, which you should take unblockables for anyway.

@stuntkiller.2980 said:i was asking here because in all games ranger uses bow but after being reading all day iam seeing that in gw2 we dont have that mutch bow builds on ranger or others that are near meta....

Longbow can be used in all 3 game modes: sPVP, WvW and PvE. In PVE, you will use LB more when you are doing world events, LB giving you a safe distance. In PVE dungeons, Fractals or Raids, you need different builds, most of them without LB, because you or your team need damage over anything else.In sPVP and WvW, LB build is very strong. LB is not used usually when you are playing a bunker build or condi build.

@stuntkiller.2980 said:In PVE dungeons, Fractals or Raids, you need different builds, most of them without LB, because you or your team need damage over anything else.

This actually isn’t true anymore. There’s multiple weapon combinations you can do for power Soulbeast, and Longbow is actually a meta weapon now for things such as fractals. It can provide more burst damage than great sword, but has less sustain and no cleave outside of LB 5.

In fractals you typically run LB + Sword / Axe because it provides the highest burst for Power Soulbeast.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Was longbow ever not meta?

It once used to be the worst of all ranger weapons. Tho that was long ago. Funnily enough LB was still very popular back then, simply because in the eyes of a lot of players ranger = archer.

Must of been a very long time ago before I started playing power ranger. I started with a shortbow condi trapper 8.5 years ago, never really got into power ranger till soulbeast with pof and even then the first couple of seasons after pof release I was an axe user instead of a longbow ahah

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:Was longbow ever not meta?

It once used to be the worst of all ranger weapons. Tho that was long ago. Funnily enough LB was still very popular back then, simply because in the eyes of a lot of players ranger = archer.

Must of been a very long time ago before I started playing power ranger. I started with a shortbow condi trapper 8.5 years ago, never really got into power ranger till soulbeast with pof and even then the first couple of seasons after pof release I was an axe user instead of a longbow ahah

Early in the game the Ranger longbow was a very weak weapon. Successive updates throughout the years increased the speed of its projectiles, decreased casting times and aftercast of its skills, increased the damage of its skills, and gave it stealth and improved traits. I'd say by 2015 it had reached the status that it holds now.

Can't speak for PvP but I use a Longbow in WvW and PvE.

In WvW it's good for it's range, barraging siege on or behind walls plus you can stay in the back and pick off or tag downed players etc

In PvE where I mostly play I just like the weapon and how it works.Rangers are typically associated as Archers/Hunters in a lot of games that feature the class so I wanted to be faithful to that in Gw2 on at least 1 of my characters.

People claim LB is a weak single target weapon but personally I disagree, with Piercing Arrows and practice you can blast down small groups of enemies really nicely with it.It's better for groups than it is against single targets but you do need to trait for that ability and learn how to line up enemies to make the most out of it.Personally speaking I find this a lot of fun, but it's not for everyone.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@"Lan Deathrider.5910" ,I know your intention was a good one, just your answer was so "wow" :)

I don't think you're exactly in place to make those sarcastical comments, because he gave the correct answer to the question that's oH sO oBvIoUs to you. He wasn't responding to you, he was responding to someone that actually didn't know what you might know.The same applies to @Lonewolf Kai.3682, you guys are weird. (in this case it gets even better,
)

Not sure why you’re even coming at me bro. I was joking with Lan. You need to chill out.

I didn't take it personally. While the post had such a blatantly obvious answer, like Sobx implied not everyone knows everything. That and I try to assume noble intent, so I gave my answer, as captain obvious as it was, because the OP really did indeed seem to not know it.

@AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

@"stuntkiller.2980" said:In PVE dungeons, Fractals or Raids, you need different builds, most of them without LB, because you or your team need damage over anything else.

This actually isn’t true anymore. There’s multiple weapon combinations you can do for power Soulbeast, and Longbow is actually a meta weapon now for things such as fractals. It can provide more burst damage than great sword, but has less sustain and no cleave outside of LB 5.

In fractals you typically run LB + Sword / Axe because it provides the highest burst for Power Soulbeast.

I am sorry if meta means something different than builds posted in https://metabattle.com/wiki/Ranger. Meta usually is something most of the players are using at some moment, right? I still see on this site that LB is not used in Fractals, and for Raids only one build which doesn't have a rating 5 is with LB. Once again, my apologies if Meta is not that.

@"stuntkiller.2980" said:In PVE dungeons, Fractals or Raids, you need different builds, most of them without LB, because you or your team need damage over anything else.

I am sorry if meta means something different than builds posted in
. Meta usually is something most of the players are using at some moment, right? I still see on this site that LB is not used in Fractals, and for Raids only one build which doesn't have a rating 5 is with LB. Once again, my apologies if Meta is not that.

Meta wouldn’t just refer to MetaBattle builds. It’s more of the “optimized way” to play the game. Like how to min max your characters and roles and stuff and be as effective as you can. There are various other websites for meta builds, most notably SnowCrows for raiding and Discretize for Fractals, so MetaBattle isn’t strictly what “meta” refers to.

Even in MetaBattle, it does list for weapon variants:Longbow can be used instead instead of Greatsword for better burst but lower sustained damage.

For the other websites that I mentioned above:https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/ranger/soulbeast/power/https://discretize.eu/builds/ranger/power-soulbeast

Greatsword was previously always the weapon you would take, but a while back there was some change (I think to Red Moa, which fits in very well with the Longbow rotation see edit) and maybe some LB buffs that made LB very good for burst damage while Greatsword still proved comparative / better in sustained damage.

So in content like fractals and raids at a very high level, boss and enemy phases can be pushed through extremely quickly using the burst from a Longbow setup. A combination of One Wolf Pack, Barrage, Sic ‘Em, Worldly Impact, Merged Red Moa F2, Rapid Fire into Axe can do a ton of burst damage (usually on one mob, but some of those abilities still cleave).

Edit:Not directly related, but found the patch that changed longbow:July 16, 2019Longbow BarrageReduced recharge from 30 second to 20 seconds.Lowered cripple duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.Increased damage by 25%.Damage floaters for this skill now show total damage instead of damage per hit.

I think that was the patch that made LB a weapon for meta builds.

@"wolkzel.9706" said:Soulbeast roamer: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlFw8YdMQmJeSXrv9SW0bA-zZILkGLgMThejANGACore ranger side noder: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POgAENlFw8YdsQGKOePpr1Sk+cA-zZILkGLgMThejAPGA (you can replace jacaranda with tiger)

These are the builds that I use on spvp even though I'm not playing it in these days.

As a said in another thread in the section ranger, a berserker pew-pew is not viable in pvp or wvw, I die always because all other classes have access to blockages, barrier, and evasions. The only way to win is marauder with sword/dagger immobeast, or condi druid.