What's your thoughts on the upcoming balance changes?

SunTzu.4513

On 4/30/2021 at 9:14 PM, Dao Jones.6720 said:

Huh? Here's the patch note:

Emphasis mine. It'll still kittenmage moving targets, and it'll do more kittenmage anything standing still. Which should be no one in PvP/WvW, but that buff seems more about helping PvE than competitive modes. (I.e. - it's not a wvw/pvp buff, but it's definitely not any sort of net reduction.)

Im not sure I follow, its obv a nerf for wvw/pvp as it will never do max dmg, as you very well pointed out. Right now, there's a fine line where you may choose not to move in competitive modes just so torment ticks for less, even tho it puts you in a clear disadvantage. Once the patch ships, just forget about torment existing and keep running around as usual.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hmmm, I'm actually really excited about these changes. I guess condi builds are going to be (more of) a thing in the PvE endgame, again!! Which is really nice. Also: Necro (probably Scourge the most), who was wildly underperforming (especially) in condi dmg in the PvE endgame will definitely get a major boost by these changes!

What I do wonder now though: is how the new elite spec will pan out then. I really thought it HAD to become a condi king, for we didnt have one, so far (sure: Scourge is/was nice, but mostly support, and when taken for condi, pretty much outshined by all other professions).

On 5/3/2021 at 8:27 PM, Black Storm.6974 said:

I hope they won’t implement the target requirement on Axe skill 2, it would be just annoying for me

But why?

Axe2 does nothing and is simply a wasted cooldown, if you cast it without a target. Since it has no cone, you can't noscope with it anyway.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

But why?

Axe2 does nothing and is simply a wasted cooldown, if you cast it without a target. Since it has no cone, you can't noscope with it anyway.

I’ve just used to like swirling it into the air. Also, I hate that message that pop to tell I can’t use a skill, it is really disturbing.

I know that this change has its advantages, but I wish that kind of thing could be optional, something I can disable in the in game settings. I prefer being free to use skills when I want.

Edited by Black Storm.6974

On 5/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, Agrippa Oculus.3726 said:

Hmmm, I'm actually really excited about these changes. I guess condi builds are going to be (more of) a thing in the PvE endgame, again!! Which is really nice. Also: Necro (probably Scourge the most), who was wildly underperforming (especially) in condi dmg in the PvE endgame will definitely get a major boost by these changes!

What I do wonder now though: is how the new elite spec will pan out then. I really thought it HAD to become a condi king, for we didnt have one, so far (sure: Scourge is/was nice, but mostly support, and when taken for condi, pretty much outshined by all other professions).

I kinda hope, that we get a really good power DPS spec (no second health bar).

And reaper gets adjusted to be a bruiser type espec (little bit more stability access, little bit less damage) 

It would be nice to see the fix of when Desert Shroud gets changed to Harbringer shroud. Any  trait that affects shroud will affect desert shroud, but not once it is changed, unless that is a tooltip bug.

-Curse - Furious Demise

-Spite - Awaken the Pain

-Death Magic - Shrouded Removal

-Death Magic - Armored Shroud

-Soul Reaping - Speed of Shadows

-Soul Reaping - Death Perception

-Soul Reaping - Soul Barbs (might be fixed with todays update?)

-Bloof Magic - Unholy Martyr

Mostly likey, but not tested

-Curse - Weakening Shroud

-Spite - Signets of Suffering

-Spite - Spiteful Spirit

Like the patch today, I think anything that inflicts a damage increase should also affect condition damage and not just strike damage, if that is the case. It wouldn't only make scourge better, but the base class better as a whole. If that is too much then make the damage threshold apply to which weapon is held. For example, the+20% strike damage if not scepter or +10% conditional damage if weilding scepter, so that way other variations of the class are not reduced to a worse state.

There are trade-offs that can be done to compensate for some measures, but keep the same basis. Lower necromancer base hp, but increased life force base pool. This would allow for the class, in more up close scenarios, like reaper, to keep the overall tankiness/health pool/survivability, maintain shroud longer, but making the scourge defenses slighty weaker to compensate for a higher damage pool to come in line with balance of other classes, like a condition glass cannon.

Just some thoughts.

Edit: Maybe even condition damage increase at the cost of health pool could be a trait.

Edited by Veta.6174