ascended armor / weapons

First of all let me say good job Anet and i really do mean it i am super happy that legendary armory is coming and soon !

now the reason i am writting this is i fell like all ascended armor / weapons will become completely obsolete. On my main account i have 20 character slots 19 fully ascended some with multiple sets and 1 key farming character i also have something like 70 extra weapon chests in the bank and all of that will become completely worthless....

Anet consider letting us sell our extra ascended chest since we are going to fully legendary templates anyway it would be good if new players could buy ascended armors for like 40- 50 gold it would help new players in raids it would help old players who have no use for them please consider it.

https://imgur.com/a/cfq8U19 - my bank extra chests that will become pointless

Ascended won't be obsolete, because majority of players don't have legendaries and aren't interested in putting a lot of effort to get them.

And while sure, it would be nice to have something more to do with ascended gear you don't need, this thread seems to be the equivalent of rich people asking for a tax break, because I need more. You're already getting the ability to use lege gear on all your chars, I don't see how that's still not enough.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

i dont see how my suggestion hurst new players especially as you say they dont want to farm legendaries, and sure armory is a great thing but i already have 19 chars fully ascended with proper builds so it doesnt mean that much atm to me. and honestly there is no bad thing in profiting from the chest i cant even use but someone else could.

Edited by MarkoGold.7126

2 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

i dont see how my suggestion hurst new players especially as you say they dont want to farm legendaries, and sure armory is a great thing but i already have 19 chars fully ascended with proper builds so it doesnt mean that much atm to me.

...what? When did I say it hurts new players?

Ok, so if you already had your characters geared then that ascended eq was already useless anyways, so nothing changes. You get a "free" upgrade for every character if you already have the legendary gear. I don't see the problem here.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...what? When did I say it hurts new players?

Ok, so if you already had your characters geared then that ascended eq was already useless anyways, so nothing changes. You get a "free" upgrade for every character if you already have the legendary gear. I don't see the problem here.

the problem is i have alot of extra chests that i cant use, and my idea to sell them is a good one if anet adds the option, i mean those chests are supposed to be rewards right what point is there in a reward i cant use. and dont say salvage them the salvage item would cost more then what i would get in return.

8 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

the problem is i have alot of extra chests that i cant use, and my idea to sell them is a good one if anet adds the option, i mean those chests are supposed to be rewards right what point is there in a reward i cant use. and dont say salvage them the salvage item would cost more then what i would get in return.

Then trash them.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

amazing thoughtful answers, why do i even try on these forums.

It is just an opinion. Personally I just wanted to suggest the possibility of gaining something fractal related out of selling extra unused pieces, that isn’t just raw gold.

You want to sell it to other players. Ok, sure. How are you even going to do that if ascended is account-bound ? What would be the benefit for Anet to turn ascended items into character-bound items in order to sell it ?

2 minutes ago, flog.3485 said:

It is just an opinion. Personally I just wanted to suggest the possibility of gaining something fractal related out of selling extra unused pieces, that isn’t just raw gold.

You want to sell it to other players. Ok, sure. How are you even going to do that if ascended is account-bound ? What would be the benefit for Anet to turn ascended items into character-bound items in order to sell it ?

new players or those who dont play much being able to get them for some gold its a benefit for them.

Ascended isn't going to be obsolete.  As mentioned, most players aren't going to take the time to craft legendary.  It's a cool thing for long time players or for those who have crafted legendaries, but certainly not a reason to think all of your gear is now trash.  It's a long term goal and a convenience for some. 

As far as chests go, delete, vendor for a few silver, or salvage.  Current system is fine, few more gold would be nice but most newer players will want the ascended gear.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

new players or those who dont play much being able to get them for some gold its a benefit for them.

Maybe, yes. However I just don’t see that happening, unless they have some major feature update in the next expansion that requires it. So far, ascended has always been untradable and it really didn’t have any negative impact. So why now ? Need something more compelling than just saying  “it will help newer players and the ones who don’t play enough”.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

amazing thoughtful answers, why do i even try on these forums.

What thoughtful opinions do you want to see when you're already set on banking 50gold per chest/item lol. Not only that, but when I answered by comparing it to reachest people wanting a tax break for being rich (and as I see it that's basically what it is), while mentioning you already profit by having legendary gear unlcok between every character... you responded with "i dont see how my suggestion hurst new players", which has completely nothing to do with what I wrote.

If you want thoughtful opinions, then maybe you should address what people actually say instead of dodging whatever you dislike and then saying "why do I even try" because people didn't immediately jump on a "gimme more gold" idea. And your "idea" is basically: see this bank tab? Give me 4k gold for it, thanks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1