GW2 Isn't made for people that has a real life job.

4 minutes ago, Conncept.7638 said:

Ah yes, the exploration of tabbing out of the game and going to a website that tells you exactly how to do things so that you don't have to see a single pixel more of the world than the minimum necessary for progression, oh wait, that is literally the opposite of exploration.

Again, if that's what you choose to do to maximize your time, so be it. When Cantha comes out, don't play right away. You might be forced to find something on your own. Daunting... I know.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Conncept.7638 said:

Ah yes, the exploration of tabbing out of the game and going to a website that tells you exactly how to do things so that you don't have to see a single pixel more of the world than the minimum necessary for progression, oh wait, that is literally the opposite of exploration.

Read that post again this response make zero sence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Conncept.7638 said:

I've never had a problem with time constraints, I've made two legendaries and am working on legendary armor, as a person who plays less than 45 minutes a day.  What I have issues with is (A) Reasonable rewards for the time required and (B) Requirements to look out of the game to solve in-game content.

You're not worth my time.

So if you think playing 45 mins a day means you should be showered with every possible item in the game, you should just try mobile gaming and pay for it. Your arguments are entirely opinion... and quite honestly moot. I said it before, these games are designed to be played over the course of years, and Gw2 having a lateral end-game is even more forgiving by far than any other on the market. Everything you earn will STILL have value two years from now....

Tell me, when you tell others they aren't worth your time.... what makes you think you're worth Anets? Hmm? 

Edited by Clex Mix.7624
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

So if you think playing 45 mins a day means you should be showered with every possible item in the game, you should just try mobile gaming and pay for it. Your arguments are entirely opinion...

Yes, that's what a forum is for, very little on here is factual.

Your statement on the other hand that being hand-held through content by a third-party is a form of exploration is not an opinion, but is factually incorrect by the very definition of "exploration", and you are deliberately choosing to be incorrect.

Edited by Conncept.7638
  • Confused 1

Just now, Conncept.7638 said:

Yes, that's what a forum is for, very little on here is factual.

Your statement on the other hand that being hand-held through content is a form of exploration is not in fact an opinion, but deliberately choosing to be incorrect.

You clearly misread something somewhere. If you choose to look at the Wiki.. or if you choose to watch a guide.. that's on you. This game doesn't require you to do so. You can choose to explore/look for things on your own... there is a "hint" associated with most collections AS WELL as markers on your maps when you are in the correct zone. 

If you think you're perfectly capable of standing on your own, you don't need a crutch. Why are you making excuses to me about it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

You clearly misread something somewhere. If you choose to look at the Wiki.. or if you choose to watch a guide.. that's on you. This game doesn't require you to do so. You can choose to explore/look for things on your own... there is a "hint" associated with most collections AS WELL as markers on your maps when you are in the correct zone. 

If you think you're perfectly capable of standing on your own, you don't need a crutch. Why are you making excuses to me about it?

You literally stated that guides are an "option for exploration and discovery", and a requirement for both of those words to apply is that what is discovered is previously unknown, not handed to you like a roadside map.

I misread nothing, you're moving the goalposts in an attempt to save face.

And with you not only denying fact, but fact that came from your own mouth, I'm done with this conversation.

Edited by Conncept.7638
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Conncept.7638 said:

You literally stated that guides are an "option for exploration and discovery", and a requirement for both of those words to apply is that what is discovered is previously unknown, not handed to you like a roadside map.

I misread nothing, you're moving the goalposts in an attempt to save face.

And with you not only denying fact, but fact that came from your own mouth, I'm done with this conversation.

No, I said you have a choice.. to explore the game with or without the use of guides... I said it’s there for players IF they want to use them.

No goal posts have been moved you just didn’t read what was said. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clex Mix.7624 said:

Orrrrr, they design the game to have the option of exploration and discovery. Like how Precursors didn't use to have the note about being involved in leggo crafting... 

YOU might have a problem with it, but there are plenty of gamers who like discovering all the game has to offer WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE WIKI... but there's also a reason they have an official wiki... to also not leave players in the dark. Take WoW for instance, players love finding the "hidden" stuff like the mounts and pets from riddles and such. All too often the game holds your hand for most of everything else. I think it's less of a design "problem" and more of a problem YOU have with the design.

Here, so you have a frame of reference.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Conncept.7638 said:

Just going to assume you didn’t take the time to read much of anything that was said. 

Maybe thats why you arent a fan of how anet implements certain collections? Did you try reading the hints at all? Or did you just assume they meant for you to go to the wiki? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The irony is, GW2 is the game I keep hearing that "It's the MMO that respects your time." Double irony if you factor in MMOs are supposed to enable long term dedication, rather than be a "hop on a bit, do one match then leave" type of game like conventional shooters are.

• Like 2

IMO, some solo contents required to finish the meta in the map or group event. For example, Dragon's Stand map completion, I tried to complete the map but I have to wait for 6 days until meta group came up with the exact time I play due to different time zone. I think map completion is solo content but why I have to wait for meta completion?

Then again I tried to finish the Requiem Armor but  cannot because no people to help me in group event, I tried to shout in the map but it seems the map is empty.

Also the wiki is required to complete the quest. I played other MMORPG game and it even point out where exact location you need to go but in GW2 it just short description and give zero idea what it said. For example, "Far above the Pact Command", does anyone got the exact location where/what it is without wiki/google search?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, XenoSpyro.1780 said:

The irony is, GW2 is the game I keep hearing that "It's the MMO that respects your time." Double irony if you factor in MMOs are supposed to enable long term dedication, rather than be a "hop on a bit, do one match then leave" type of game like conventional shooters are.

I think people misconstrue it a bit with not having to log in and do a bunch grinds or you fall behind the item level train vs it being a game with lateral progression that you won’t fall behind in player power..

Sure you might not get leggos as quick playing very little... but they are the same stats as ascended gear just with QoL

• Like 1

1) You need time management
2) NO ONE, NO ONE  gets what they what when they want it.  I see why you are whining and creating this post, it is because you cannot get the Skyscale. 
3) Time management - I've just completed 7 precursors which I thought was impossible when I started crafting them  2 -3 years ago, I did it. Sometime I get burn out and discouraged,  I do something else, I return, I look for guide, read what was needed, take advise from other players. I still have more precursors to craft, it may take another 2-3 years but I am going to do it. While managing these I  found that I am able to complete at the same time other achievement that I would not otherwise have even know existed.  
4) Time management
5) No one gets what they want when they want it. Despite the fact that it is a game, you still have to work for what you want. 

I hope you have fun. I suggest you look for guide, type /wiki (item name) and it will have a list of the stuffs you need to do, with map and location you need to go look for.  It is really not that hard. 

To answer OP's statement: I strongly disagree. I play since beta. During 5 years, I had a job swallowing my life. I didn't care and was enjoying GW2 very much. During working days, I could afford about 30 to 50 minutes every 2 to 3 days, and not much more over weekend due to other sides of real life (family, friends, sports, ...). It has never been a problem to me. The only difference to those who were playing more often than me, was that I was late behind them. So what? No worries at all 🙂

I tend to believe that since about 2 to 3 years, there is a new generation of players who want that things go fast. Because of that, we hear about "grinding" (due to trying to push faster than it's supposed to go), about "with busy real life it's not possible" and other similar statements. I can understand the feeling, but it should be put back into perspective: don't compare status of progress between someone playing 8 hours a day and someone playing 2 hours per week. At the top of it, even between players who can afford several hours a day at compy, don't forget that another important factor is the type of the player we are: casual, elitist, lazy (like me), and so on...

All in all, on my opinion, most important in GW2, that is an old game with a huuuuuuuuuuge content, is to understand and accept the type of player we are, and from there, to just enjoy the achievements we do within the boundaries conditions we have. Just don't set objectives to self that don't match your play style. 😀

Edited by Dreamy Lu.3865
  • Like 4